The online racing simulator
Ford GT40
(63 posts, started )
Ford GT40
here's what's been keeping me busy the past 2 days..
still needs alot of work, but the basic stuff is done, up to the details and rendering now

any comments are welcome!
(its the first car model im gonna finish, so be gentle)
That looks really good, and the thing about it is... It doesn't look precisely like a GT40... I sense a new model for LFS here! (please victor?)

Good job, it looks great so far.
yeah... problem is, the blueprints of the back were different, and i couldnt find a reference pic to match it, so i decided to make a back of my own :P

yeah, it would be great to see it in lfs, and the good thing is, it doesnt have alot of vertices, so i guess it would work
here's the wireframe
#5 - TiJay
Fantastic!
update,
new rims and tyres

#7 - bbman
I think you smoothed the rear a bit too much... The spoiler looks much better in the wireframe than in the renders...
The render is pretty good (I couldn't do better )... but the front end looks like a F40, not a GT40
im still working on it
im currently doing the front headlights
tweaker, what do u mean? cause i followed the blueprints of the old GT40... hmmm
then i made a mix :P
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
^
Right on! This can be the S3 supercar - the FT40. Mid-engine 5L V10, two seats...we already have a Fez/Porsche mutant, why not a Fez/Ford? Don't change a thing, ramtech

Everyone wants a bond-fide supercar for LFS, don't they?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Send him to Eric's grotto to begin his apprenticeship.

what's Eric's grotto?
I wonder if Eric would consider using someone elses model (albeit possibly refined to best fit the needs of the LFS engine)? As long as it isn't a real car, or too obviously based on a real car (open to dispute, that term), and isn't of a huge amount of polys then it could save Eric some work.

Hmmmm. Makes you think...
this car would rock in LFS...
ok, here's another update,
added headlights, grilles, back boot, and started working on the rear lights..
maybe id need to make the grilles black, ill see later..
any ideas ppl?

updated headlights for my pal tristan :P
yeah it doesnt quite look like a gt40 but i really like, it is sort of an angular early 90s style remix of a gt40, really cool

would be awesome in lfs, we need some mid engined supercars!
I think you should make a formal submission to the devs Seems an LFS supercar would be much appreciated and there aren't many better models for a fictional supercar than the Roaring 40!
But make the wheels smaller - this is a race car not a rice car
That rear doesn't exatcly match (imho) with the front but great job all together.

PS: is the engine in front or rear?
EDIT or middle...
EDI2: what would you think if the rear looked more like this http://www.exoticcarrentals.co ... B-Chevy-Corvette-Rear.jpg with the rear lamps above on other? Just the upper shape of the rear
hmmm.. i aint that easy to change it now :S
im using 3dsmax box poly modelling
nice model there, what are u using?
problem with my model is, i couldnt find good blueprints, so i had to invent lots of stuff :S
im using 3dsM.. poly modeling, trying to get into nurbs.. but there really arent any basic tutorials out there that i have found yet

right now im using crappy blueprints, im just using reference pictures for about 95% of the detail, all the blueprints should really ever do is just give you the basic shape and line placement

http://www.tutorials3d.com/blueprints/fordgt40_6.gif
thats the blueprint im using.. not good at all i know, but like i said, its just for basic shape

Ford GT40
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG