The online racing simulator
#1 - lerts
why is it faster for me high steering sensibilities?
i go with such i high sensivility that i might turn the wheel just 20º at its most during a race, it can turn 180º

it helps me for fast countersteering and to have better info from ff of when im slipping

ive even gone with 100% sensibility in logitech profiler, but the becomes difficult following the line so its a compromise

so no i go with 20º on lock to lock on fmb and not wheel conpensation at all
I think you just kind of answered your own question
#3 - lerts
yes but f1 drivers go with such low sensitivities

if ff was more crispy it would be perfect going with low sensitivities and still be able to countersteer thanks from info of ff
Quote from lerts :i go with such i high sensivility that i might turn the wheel just 20º at its most during a race, it can turn 180º

it helps me for fast countersteering and to have better info from ff of when im slipping

ive even gone with 100% sensibility in logitech profiler, but the becomes difficult following the line so its a compromise

so no i go with 20º on lock to lock on fmb and not wheel conpensation at all

Yep, it can be faster depending on the driver and what they are used to, especially a driver that is always losing the back end. But it is also completely unrealistic.

Do what you want, I am not trying to tell you to change it.

Personally, I find the realistic steering ranges better to drive for the most part because it gives you finer control of the steering. You have to work harder and be faster if you lose the back end, but I also find you don't lose the back end as ofter too.

Your Logitech profiler FF settings might be goofy too. I set mine at 65% force and turn off the other effects features and the spring. I have even gone as far to replace all the profiler button functionality with LFS scripts that I put together so I can turn off the profiler completely. I think the FF in LFS works much better now and I am feeling more subtle FF changes than I could before.
Good racers dont need high sensativness, they know when theyve pushed it and are always ready for it to kick out and countersteer.
Like we say here, "car (in real life) is driven by ass". Or something like that. IRL you sit in car and your body feels, what is your car doing.
In your chair, in front of your PC, you don't have such inputs, so you must feel it through your wheel and FF in LFS is IMO best all around. Strength of FF is individual, just set it up, how you like it.
Quote from lerts :yes but f1 drivers go with such low sensitivities

if ff was more crispy it would be perfect going with low sensitivities and still be able to countersteer thanks from info of ff

Lol at "crispy"

I guess it depends on what controller you have.

My wheel is about 240 degrees lock to lock, no idea of the sensitivity/ratio ? There is a programme out there(name escapes me right now) that could get it down to a 1:1 ratio, but my wheel has pretty heavy FFB and turns slowly lock to lock , so i doubt i'd even got out of the garage let alone catch the rear end when it breaks loose.

But the (normal) human brain can usually adjust to a change in ratio/sensitivity fairly quickly, and finding the correct steering inputs soon becomes second nature with a higher ratio.

As always it comes down to the quality of the controller you're using and how you set up the ffb. (incidently i'm still yet to find the perfect ffb settings for my newest wheel and i've had it for months and months. But having said that, i hardly ever race these days so, yunno)
I was using 720 but 2 nights ago dropped it to 540... my tires don't last as long though..

when I get a proper race seat I'll go back to 720.. as it is its doing my stupid back in...
#9 - emqu
I run at 340 in the Logitec profiler and full lock in all cars.

One strange this i notice while experimenting, and something i quite liked the feel of was running Logitec FFB @ 50% and LFS ffb @ 160ish
I abuse a Mk2 MR2 rev1 with no power steering and it feels very similar.
I use the default ammount on all cars (540 on GTR's etc.) but i use 900 on the road cars. It feels alot more realistic, and i like the feeling of it when the back end comes out. Feel's alot better than using 300 degrees or so.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG