The online racing simulator
Corvette ZR1
(51 posts, started )
jeebus.., a reliant robin would be faster on the 'ring
this thread came right on time. there is an huge discussion in some other forum about the vettes and the ferraris. it's like this: "in a more technical track, which car is preferred? the Z06 or the F430? and also the ZR1 or the 599 GTB?
Are you comparing Ferrari's to Vettes?
Quote from chanoman315 :Are you comparing Ferrari's to Vettes?

i guess i am. which one you prefer on that situation?
I'd take an F430 over a Z06. I like them a lot more. I'd take a 599 over the ZR1.

To be frank, the ZR1 is ugly. Very ugly. All those weird holes and bits popping up/out. Just hideous. Looks like some 13 year old kid had some spare time and some 3DS MAX knowledge. I would have expected more.
Quote from MAGGOT :I'd take an F430 over a Z06. I like them a lot more. I'd take a 599 over the ZR1.

To be frank, the ZR1 is ugly. Very ugly. All those weird holes and bits popping up/out. Just hideous. Looks like some 13 year old kid had some spare time and some 3DS MAX knowledge. I would have expected more.

thanks, but i want to know about the overall performance of them...
Quote from jonny__27 :i guess i am. which one you prefer on that situation?

Ferrari...i think they handle better than the Vette's, because Ferrari is focused on that..
#34 - JJ72
well for a start you should ask someone who had actually driven both of them........not sim racing armchair experts.
Quote from chanoman315 :Ferrari...i think they handle better than the Vette's, because Ferrari is focused on that..

Then how come both the Z06 and the ZR1 have faster times on tracks then the F430?

I'd rather have a 250GTO then a ZR1 or a 599, lol.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Then how come both the Z06 and the ZR1 have faster times on tracks then the F430?

Technical tracks ?
Quote from wheel4hummer :What do people mean when they say "technical track"?

more technique = curves etc i think... like the test tracks in forza 2
Quote from chanoman315 :more technique = curves etc i think... like the test tracks in forza 2

Like the Nurburgring?
i guess the corvette also makes uptime on the straights
Quote from wheel4hummer :Then how come both the Z06 and the ZR1 have faster times on tracks then the F430?

Because the F430 would've lost 75% of it's parts going through the karrussel.

Anyway.. did anyone looked a bit closer at that ZR1 lap ? I'm pretty sure that car gan go around quite a bit faster. Compare it to the GT-R lap.. the ZR1 lap is very wild with many errors.. at some places he just misses braking points and at the end he just power oversteers out of Schwalbenschwanz, that costet him at least 1~2 secs right there.
#42 - JJ72
what? that's wild?

and that powerslide won't cause anything more than 3 to 4 tenths.
Quote from JJ72 :and that powerslide won't cause anything more than 3 to 4 tenths.

But, when he repeatedly powerslides out of every other corner, those tenths add up. Also, I read on a website that when the ZR1 was on the straightaway, there was a strong headwind.
a little off topic but seeing as US domestic cars have been leaning towards retro with the new mustang, camaro and challenger i'd like to see the corvette's styling simplified and perhaps brought back to its roots. The performance is amazing and the car will still sell regardless but it may be time for a more drastic redesign than new headlights.
http://bfarber.com/screens/%5B ... vette___1970_stingray.jpg
http://www.copsnrodders.com/Im ... berscars/brucemangrum.jpg
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/images/content/070307_1.jpg

@whoever i had no idea how advanced the rear suspension was. It is a little sad thats the best people can come up with to devalue the car just because its american
the corvette is designed like it is for aerodynamics nowadays

the ls3 c6 corvette gets 16 mpg city and 26 mpg on the freeway out of a 6.2L v8

that just shows how low the drag coefficient is
Quote from spanks :the corvette is designed like it is for aerodynamics nowadays

the ls3 c6 corvette gets 16 mpg city and 26 mpg on the freeway out of a 6.2L v8

that just shows how low the drag coefficient is

This gas mileage is the same as the Ford Mustang and we all know thats not aerodynamic.

The Camaro gets 28 with it's V8 and 18-20 in town. Drag is only a partial factor in fuel mileage and there are many more variables that must be looked at. Having a low drag in itself does not mean you will have good fuel mileage.
Quote from JJ72 :what? that's wild?

and that powerslide won't cause anything more than 3 to 4 tenths.

Yes that's wild for the Nordschleife, especially compared to the GT-R lap. And yes, in that particular corner, before the little karrussel he easily lost 1 second.
never one second there, I bet 0.25 max!
#49 - JJ72
no way a slide like that cause one second. look at Heikki's Q2 lap in silverstone when he had a similiar slide out of luffield, even on a F1 car it cost no more than 2 to 3 tenths.

and it power oversteered out of corners often??? sorry I only spot one or two that really could count as power oversteer beyond traction limit. it's a rear wheel drive car with a lot of hp it is logical it ain't very tidy, but it was almost never out of balance or even make a tire squeal.
the GTR of course is much more tidy because it is AWD and setup to be understeery on power, as most AWD supercar does, there's very little chance a driver and break the traction. even the general balance is more understeery than the ZR1. The ZR1 is more about point and squirt, I'll say it's definitely not untidy considering the amount of power it has. .

Corvette ZR1
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG