The online racing simulator
The ability to separate controllers per car.
The Ability to separate controllers per car, would be great. So u can set your wheel to be used as an f08 (f1 car) by using the butterfly trasmition. Or use your Gt with the stick... if that makes sence.

Basically, make the ability to have car specific controles.. if you wanted. Or u could used your preset, default ones.

Just a thought.
dont know many people that switch controllers per car, no doubt most ppl will say its a pointless suggestion.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I think this is a usefull suggestion. I use my wheel's shift paddles to change gears with FO8 and sometimes with FOX and MRT5, but with the other ones I use my ACT-Labs Shifter
^^^
That was the idea i was trying to get across but couldnt word.
Not just controls, but other stuff like views as well. I don't change shifting at all, use the shifter for all cars. But I do change the FOV for MRT (60 for all cars but 90 for MRT) as an example. I also change wheel turn comp. for FOX and the TBO cars (FOX is too responsive and TBO has no steering response).
#6 - filur
Quote from ButterTyres :dont know many people that switch controllers per car, no doubt most ppl will say its a pointless suggestion.

I wouldn't
Quote from ButterTyres :dont know many people that switch controllers per car, no doubt most ppl will say its a pointless suggestion.

I don't think he's actually suggesting that people switch controllers for different cars, it was more along the lines of Switching control settings per car.

no.. i suggested this WAYYYYY back in RSC, and i STILL wish we had it, because when i use the shifter (which i dont anymore because of this) its just a pain switching from a car to a single seater or something.. and then have to mess with all the controllers so its the least bit more realistic

which i agree with bramski, i think your looking at the way of it as.. having one car be controlled by mouse.. and another by keyboard.. and another by a wheel which yes, i agree the thread name kinda confuses that, but im sure he means settings
This was suggested eons ago, and is still a valid, and good request.

I have solved the gearing issue by setting the paddles to act as the shifter in the logitech profiler, and assigning the shifter in the game settings (If that made sense. I could post the detailed explanation if anyone want it).
I also have my shifter set up in the game, and when I switch cars, all I have to do is go to 'player' (at least I think it's under the 'player' settings. Could be 'game' as well. I'm on my work computer with no LFS, so I can't verify.) settings and change if I want autoclutch and/or sequential gear.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG