The online racing simulator
#51 - w126
#52 - Juls
Quote from Crashgate3 :Doesn't iRacing do this, abeit not in real time?

I seem to remember reading they'd put the car models in a 'virtual wind tunnel' at lots and lots of different angles, so while not actually calculating it on the fly, the sim can provide a dynamic aerodynamic affect depending on the cars speed and movement.

Sure aerodynamics can be modeled that way...with precalculation stored in a table. It is far far enough for a beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N39u_pSJo8
I'm not entirely convinced a car launching itself over a small hill whilst going backwards is 'proof' of accurate aerodynamics in reverse effects, especially as the Radical isn't exactly known for it's reverse flight dynamics.

But then again, you can believe what you want to believe, if it makes you feel clever.
LOL,

Who shat in your cereal today? You're on a roll!
#55 - Juls
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm not entirely convinced a car launching itself over a small hill whilst going backwards is 'proof' of accurate aerodynamics in reverse effects, especially as the Radical isn't exactly known for it's reverse flight dynamics.

But then again, you can believe what you want to believe, if it makes you feel clever.

Wow... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOORNIIIING JUUUUUUULS. Thank you Tristan, good morning too, have a nice day.

I did not put this video as a proof iRacing does aerodynamics well. It was just to show there seems to be some aerodynamics simulated in this simulation. Watching the video before I was not even sure, it could be a bug in collision system. But from the post before it seems they have worked on something.

I do not know for the tyres, but sure you heat up too fast. This is not realistic.
Well, it actually does change the embankment mid air, that suggests having some sort of wind effecting the shape. but it could very well be a physics bug...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG