The online racing simulator
Can i run a dedicated server off my web sever
I'm renting a Operating system Linux web server for my websites, can i run a dedicated host off of it? i'm currently trying, i've uploaded contents of LFS_S2_DEDI_Z from lfs.net to my host and now i'm stuck it's probably not possible is it?

if i cant do this i'll be ordering a server tonight, but i'd prefer to learn myself rather than let money handle it!

please reply
if its a Linux server then its only possible if your also able to install Wine (or something of the likes) on it. If you have a windows server you should be able to host off of that (assuming that the Web host allows it)
well it's just a standard hosting package for my sites from www.eukhost.com so im not even sure if it will work
Quote from james_bskt :well it's just a standard hosting package for my sites from www.eukhost.com so im not even sure if it will work

If its a web host only package, then no. If you have some sort of dedicated or virtual server, or any form of shell access, then yes. If you don't know what any of these things are then the likelihood of you having them is almost 0.
i have shell access, but as far as i can see all i can do is create/generate a new key or import one. Is this good enough?
Quote from james_bskt :i have shell access, but as far as i can see all i can do is create/generate a new key or import one. Is this good enough?

Sounds like you're refering to some sort of authentication key, be it an ssh key or something else. My suggestion would be to ask your provider if your account allows you to run bandwidth intensive applications from whatever services they provide you.
Thank's that's a better idea. Or i just invest in a server from 500 severs or someone
I would think installing a the LFS server on your web server would violate the TOS. Be VERY careful (That's to not only the person asking the question and the people giving the answers as you COULD also be held liable.)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG