The online racing simulator
some n00b question:
(8 posts, started )
some n00b question:
how do

just got a few questions now i've got me feet

• i've had a short go online, but noone seems to be racing just driving around a bit? plus every server i tried was yellow flagged and the speed capped to 50

• there were only 5 servers with people in (about 20 people all together) - this surely cant be right?

• at the top of the in-game server list it says: "CAN JOIN 5 - [NO REPLY] - [WRONG VERSION 0]... is this implying summats wrong?

• lastly: when originally unlocking, i specified a GAMEPassword, but this would not work to unlock the game, before emailin admin i thought i may aswell try a password that i used ages ago, and it worked and unlocked the game - my question is now is it going to cause any problems that the password i used to unlock is different to the one entered in my online account? i.e. i only have 1 unlock left so dont want anything to go wrong.

thanks to anyone who can spare a minute to anwer these (possibly stupid) questions...
Maybe your filters are set wrong, there are normally at least 300+ servers online.

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Maybe your filters are set wrong, there are normally at least 300+ servers online.

Dan,

i switched the filters so only public was showing, thats the only one that matters really aint it... i cant get on full, passworded, or empty servers can i... (well there'd be no point)
You most likely havethe wrong patch, that iswhy you are not seeing many people online, goto the LFS page and download the latest patch (Q is the latest, I think).
Yeah, ATM there are at least 11 unpassworded, occupied hosts, with at least 40 racers.
As Cropsy says, more likely a version problem.

Dan,
The speed limit might be your Pit Limiter. Depending on the car your driving most of the higher powered cars and race prepped vehicles have a limiter. 'L' by default.
Not a patch problem, as P is fully compatible with Q.

The bit at the top 'Can Join 5 [No Reply] [Wrong Version 0] means that it found 5 servers mmeting your criteria, all replied (if one didn't it'd say [No Reply 1], and all are using a version you can join.

The Speed limit thing must be the speed limiter in the race cars - press L

What time were you trying the servers? Sometimes it's quieter than others. About 7pm UK time seems to be the peak time, so try around then if you can, but I find racing going on well past midnight if I want it.
-
((SaM)) DELETED by (SaM)
#8 - (SaM)
Maybe you pressed a car filter and only found FO8 servers or another car. Press the ALL button (next to FO8, XRT, XFR etc) above in the server list.

some n00b question:
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG