rear wing support - needed for FO8?
So I'm redoing the FO8 skin I was working on, and with this template I have, there is a layer called "rear wing support". It refers to two gray parallelograms shown "behind" the dorsals. Do I need these? Where are they drawn in-game?

Thanks in advance, I think I'm getting the hang of this.
#2 - Bean0
Sounds like you haven't encountered the CMX Viewer yet.
It's an app you can use to preview your skins without opening up LFS proper, downloadable from the LFS site.
Very useful when trying to line things up...save, switch to viewer, refresh/check position, switch to PS, adjust, repeat...

The wing supports are the 2 pieces that sit either side of the exhaust and hold the wing up.

Black in this skin - http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=59744&d=1214419230
Quote from Bean0 :Sounds like you haven't encountered the CMX Viewer yet.
It's an app you can use to preview your skins without opening up LFS proper, downloadable from the LFS site.
Very useful when trying to line things up...save, switch to viewer, refresh/check position, switch to PS, adjust, repeat...

The wing supports are the 2 pieces that sit either side of the exhaust and hold the wing up.

Black in this skin - http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=59744&d=1214419230

Actually, the CMX viewer was rather helpful. I used it to verify the end of my hood stripes.

Thanks for the location of the wing supports... Should they be any colour in particular? I'll leave them gray or paint them black, but I'd rather do it right the first time.

(ok, ok, so it's not the first time anymore, but I don't want to upload a skin and then start tinkering with it afterwards)
They would usually be black items in real life, but there is nothing to stop you (or a real life team) painting them to fit in with the livery. There is no right and wrong in this case.
while i'm here i guess i should ask, what about the front wing, what holds it on? i don't have any other uncoloured parts and it's currently black.
#6 - Bean0
Quote from bunder9999 :while i'm here i guess i should ask, what about the front wing, what holds it on? i don't have any other uncoloured parts and it's currently black.

Front wing supports are unskinnable on the FO8 and use a carbon fibre texture, but they are skinnable on some of the others.
Quote from Bean0 :Front wing supports are unskinnable on the FO8 and use a carbon fibre texture, but they are skinnable on some of the others.

ah, i never realized it was carbon fibre. i'll paint the rear one black then, so they sortof match. thanks again guys, i've never seen a more friendly game-modding section.
#8 - Bean0
Don't worry about it, we were all n00bs once

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG