The online racing simulator
Bundeling some of that quality work over the years
Hey I dont know nothing about making movies but I have been collecting and enjoying them.

Youtube and bliptv seem a bit shallow in quality so i saw vimeo and their goups option, their HQ service even fullscreen, and there HQ download option for registered users (free).

So i started making a group for Live for Speed and i have uploaded several top vids. I will post more next week as I have reached my quotem this week.

After that suggestions and uploads from others are welcome. I would not recommend it turning into another LFS video. Only quallity movies not crappy replays with poor fps etc. etc.

I have made it such that you can not just add them to the group. You can make and account to vimeo upload the movies there and then request it added by me to the group.

OK most imprtant thing the address:

http://www.vimeo.com/groups/LFS
Nice site! Love it love it love it! Definitely registering!
Good, nice quality, I'll upload my new vids as I make them
Thanks for effort. That defiantly not my favorite movie (Ghost Car) I've ever made but thanks a lot!
Which one is?

I have reachted my limit now. But you can add via me (register own account). Tried not all from same author. Have about 1 gig still on my HDD, have to wait till monday it says.
Oh I was talking about the Ghost Car video...
Got some set back
Got some setback.

Vimeo has decided to stop every video about gameplay.

The Vimeo staff has decided that we are no longer going to allow gaming videos on Vimeo. Specifically, we are no longer going to allow game walk-throughs, game strategy videos, depictions of player vs player battles, raids, fraps, or any other video gaming videos that simply depict individuals playing a video game. Videos falling into this category will be subject to deletion as of September 1st; new videos of this type will be removed.

There are many reasons for the decision, two of which we would like to elaborate on.

1) Vimeo was created with the intent of inspiring creativity and providing a place to share video with friends and family. The Vimeo staff does not feel that videos which are direct captures of video game play truly constitute "creative expression". Further, such videos may expose Vimeo to liability from the game creator(s), as we have already seen action from popular video game companies against videos such as these.

2) Gaming videos are by nature significantly larger and longer than any other genre on Vimeo. Over these last few months they have been the single biggest reasons for our transcoder wait times.

This decision was not easy, and there was much debate internally; however, we feel this decision will benefit Vimeo in the long run and better benefit the video makers it was created for. Our resources are limited and they must be channeled towards maintaining our goals.

Two questions you might have:

1) Are my gaming videos going to be deleted?

Starting today, all new gaming videos are subject to deletion. Videos uploaded before today will be hosted until September 1.

2) I make Machinima films! It's not the same thing! Am I banned?

We currently do not feel that Machinima films fall under the category of gaming videos described above and, therefore, assuming compliance with our site’s general terms & conditions, we will continue to accept such videos on Vimeo. We are not, at this time, banning films that fall into the Machinima genre.

I have tried to convince them of the creativity on their blog (dont think you can read it if you are not a member), but there decision is that LFS-vids are gone at Vimeo.

I do feel that they dont give us the real reason. I think last weekend outage on all videos got them a response from their hoster about the increase of costs if they continue like this. And the biggest resources are on the gaming vids. All the 'creative' vids dont attract such a crowd.
I think its ashame, because after stage6 departure it was the best quality and the best interface in 1.

They will stay there until 1 sep.
mega unlucky, it was good quality aswel =[

EDIT: blip ruins the fps of that video... =[
I had this idea ages ago and started this website im not shure about the quality, as that video is low quality, ill try uploading a HQ video to see if its any good =]
Not really, Kraniwanis vid on the permalink page in divx player is great.
The flash one is rather pixelated, but very much less so the other hosters.

Also use the trick to pause after initial play, and let it buffer a fair amount before unpausing.
This works on all video sites flash or otherwise.

I strive to have a good quality in full screen as well. And blip has it at least for sure on the permalink pagem choose source (some other then flash).

I think your site is pretty much youtube quality and while i think its abenefit to have them there on a central spot as well I think the quality should also be better. Most of them are already on youtube/google video anyway.
good stuff, im in
yeah, i didnt see the permalink thing before...

its good then
It wont play the real avi file over here? The flash works fine. Weird. (the Lynce one i put for testing).
If anybody know a better option i am open. Until 1 sep vimeo is open like it is.

EDIT: Just seen blip has simlar rules. They still have movies uploaded though, heck they even have a category for them. I am looking further and taking it down. Dont wanna get all taken down again. I dont like the referrals they make to specific gaming sites. Quality movies is worse and not downloadable.
http://www.blip.tv/faq/content/#videogames

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG