The online racing simulator
Live For Speed in Intel Advert
(44 posts, started )
This evening I was at the cinema and before the film started there was a advert from Intel (Centrino Duo) in which I thought I saw Live For Speed for a short time (about 1 or 2 seconds)

In this advert a guy sits on one of those luggage trolleys at the airport and playing on his laptop and racing through the airport in his trolley.

Looked like it was Blackwood, before the big advert tyre. But instead of showing Evostar tyres it showed www.liveforspeed.net. And the car I think was an FO8 or an FOX, but definitely an formula car.

Maybe I just hallucinated, but I think it was LFS.

Would be cool to have an word from Vic or Scawen to proof what I've seen.
What the hell? Absolutely positive you saw that? :wtf2:

/me searches and finds nothing

Maybe it is some kind of connection with Intel now, and that is the surprise Scawen has
I am pretty sure, as I've kind of "calibrated" to the domain and the looks of LFS.

Not 100% sure, as it was a really short time you saw the display but I'm about 90% sure

I think this might be possible, as intel sponsors the ePs in some kind of way.
Hmmm check this out....

http://www.adweek.com/aw/searc ... vnu_content_id=1002157605

Apparently some new Intel ads are to come out for their "Entertainment in your lap" campaign for their Centrino Duo....

Quote :The three new TV spots star Mariah Carey, Elijah Woods and Jacques Villeneuve and will air on EPSN and E! Online ads will run on Yahoo and AOL. Jacques Villeneuve is also one of the drivers for BMW Sauber F1 Team, in which Intel is the 'Official Corporate Partner' for the team.

Was he in the scene?
I don't think the Villenueve advert features any racing sim/game does it?
I don't know, never seen it I cannot find it online anywhere. Maybe it will show up somewhere on Youtube or Google Video someday.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Because Intel and BMW Sauber F1 Team are partners.... big big partners.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#8 - JJ72
It is kind of funny to see him actually doing these monkey tricks So cute.
Villeneuve used to do Honda ads -- here in Canada, at least -- when he was with BAR-Honda.
Yes, that intel spot is only for cinema, it is in germany only afaik, and that part in it is LFS. I had something to do with the creation of that spot
It's the F08 @ BL
You also created the internet Vykos
I wanne SEE it.....come on mate get it for us
Quote from Vykos69 :Yes, that intel spot is only for cinema, it is in germany only afaik, and that part in it is LFS. I had something to do with the creation of that spot
It's the F08 @ BL

Give us some more information how you arranged this???! For 90% of cinema visitors it's just a detail but if you managed to get in the Intel advertising headquarters and sneak Live for Speed in there it's quite an accomplish. Great work Can we expect any more Intel - LfS surpises? Hope it's not a Intel Inside logo as intro for the game
Quote from wheeler :Give us some more information how you arranged this???! For 90% of cinema visitors it's just a detail but if you managed to get in the Intel advertising headquarters and sneak Live for Speed in there it's quite an accomplish. Great work Can we expect any more Intel - LfS surpises? Hope it's not a Intel Inside logo as intro for the game

no, afaik, no more intel-LFS surprises. Well, as already guessed up there, it is cause the ESL has that EPS with LFS (www.esl-europe.net) and the ESL is sponsored big by intel. And intel cant take CounterStrike or so for a spot. And cause they sponsor BMW F1 now, they wanted some racegame ingame footage with a aformula car. F08 was the way to go then So they asked me (I have "some" connections there), if I can help with some footage, ask Devs for OK etc., and thanx to several buddies we created some overtaking maneuvres etc. I helped with some updates on the trackside logos and the liveforspeed url in there I am very happy of, cause that was, what I wanted That's basically all about it.
well done vykos ! but lucky enough that they didnt want a F1 track too

One day Bernie Eccelstone needs a successor, may be we should bring vykos in pole position for something like this
Quote from Vykos69 :Yes, that intel spot is only for cinema, it is in germany only afaik, and that part in it is LFS. I had something to do with the creation of that spot
It's the F08 @ BL

Why I had you in my mind, when I thought about who had arranged that ?

That's what I've meant with "calibrated" to LFS
Nice one Joe
rofl teh tongue strikes again

nice job, now I wanna see that vid tho
Sounds good. If you didnt know lfs then wouldnt get it, but would be was that lfs? ALthought if only in german cinemas then guess wont see it

Unless someone has it and will post it.
The Tongue strikes again!

Nice one Vykos :up:
yeah,
great one, the tongue strikes again

Think it's time to visit my local cinema soon....
Heh, goes to see a movie and only for a few second clip.

"how was it?"
"Oh that pass at blackwood was great"
"what? There is racing in the movie?"
"movie?"
Quote from Hyperactive :Heh, goes to see a movie and only for a few second clip.

"how was it?"
"Oh that pass at blackwood was great"
"what? There is racing in the movie?"
"movie?"

"Days Of Blackwood Thunder"

Staring; Richard Overgeared - Brad Pit

...it was a 2 mens war, hate, fear, thrill, revenge.

Coming soon in a theatre near you

illepall

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG