The online racing simulator
Patch Z = Easier to drift?
(40 posts, started )
Quote from Klutch :Oooohhh, i like you. :>

Keep this PG guys, don't want JTbo to come in here in a huff.
does it matter if this game isn't EXACTLY a drifting simulator? IMO, it is. it is because it simulates real drifting on realistic cars.

also, the main reason i bought this game was because it was the best damn racing game for drifting and the autocross screamed "drift layouts" to me. i'm pretty sure theres many others who got this game for drifting which means us drifting fans are helping out the LFS community by buying the game.

sorry, i've been roaming around the forums and I'm really tired of seeing nit picky people breakdown every word in the English language and every sentence a person says to make their ego that much bigger.
Quote from darkinertia :sorry, i've been roaming around the forums and I'm really tired of seeing nit picky people breakdown every word in the English language and every sentence a person says to make their ego that much bigger.

heh, it does get old...

I really don't see where the "this is a racing simulator" argument is valid when it comes to drifting...drifting is a form of racing, is it not? Just like drag racing is a form of racing...or tractor pulls...and so on...

While I agree that cruising is pretty lame and there isn't a need for a bunch of identical cruising servers to clutter the server list...there is no reason that people can not do what they like inside the application...they paid for it just like everyone else so why can't they drive their little virtual car around the track anyway they want...it's not like they are bothering anyone or hurting anything...
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :heh, it does get old...

I really don't see where the "this is a racing simulator" argument is valid when it comes to drifting...drifting is a form of racing, is it not? Just like drag racing is a form of racing...or tractor pulls...and so on...

no its not, its a form of motorsport, go read the 100 other threads about this
hah, again to the whole nit picking at every sentence....

well anyway, weather you call it a motorsport or a racing technique or whatever, it seems to be a little bit easier around the tracks...im liking the new patch! even so much, that i actually started using forumula cars! now ive never been a big fan of them before or even too much of grip racing in LFS, but ive been doing more of it lately...i dunno maybe its a mind thing with the new patch...
I can actually steer with the throttle now! That's what makes it easier. Before the tail was just too happy wanted to slide out, it was never undercontrol even in a slow drift - Now it is.
Quote :hah, again to the whole nit picking at every sentence....

That made me chuckle...haha!

Quote from masternick :no its not, its a form of motorsport, go read the 100 other threads about this

Then the devs should remove autocross since it isn't really racing either...

Quote :Autocross is a form of motorsports that emphasizes safe, low-cost competition and active participation.

Quote :Autocross is a motorsport that consists of individual timed runs through a course laid out (using traffic cones) on a concrete or asphalt surface. The object is to drive through the course as fast as possible without missing any gates or hitting any cones.

Quote :Most autocrossers are driving enthusiasts who enjoy motorsports competition. In fact, a large percentage of participants do not even own a "racecar"! They race the car they drive on the street. Some autocrossers are serious road race drivers who want to practice technique. Most are like you and me: laypeople with an itch for speed!

Quote :Autocross is a sport of trying to navigate your car through a defined course of pylons usually on a large parking lot, faster than your competition. Autocross courses are set up using soft orange traffic pylons which will not damage your car.

Quote :Autocross is a branch of motorsport that involves driving a motor car on a loose surface circuit against the clock. The fastest time in each class will win an award and the fastest time of the day will take a special award.

Quote :An autocross is a form of motorsport competition that focuses on car control over outright speed and horsepower. The events are generally held in parking lots where pylons are arranged to form a tight, twisting course.

Quote from Homeless_Drunk :
Then the devs should remove autocross since it isn't really racing either...

did i say they should remove anything? no i said that drifting isnt racing
Ok lets put this semantic argument to bed:

From the Oxford English Dictionary -

race

noun 1 a competition between runners, horses, vehicles, etc. to see which is fastest over a set course. 2 (the races) a series of races for horses or dogs, held at a fixed time on a set course. 3 a situation in which people compete to be first to achieve something.

So, unless it's timed or there is a time aspect to the competition it's not a race. It can be a sport, competition etc with 1st, 2nd places etc but unless the placing is time dependant it's not a race.

I post this purely to make a factual point. I know nothing about drifting and have no idea if it meets this criteria or not so this is not an anti-drifting post.
Quote from gezmoor :Ok lets put this semantic argument to bed:

nah it can never be put to bed, there will allways be someone that watchs FnF: Tokyo Drift and think Drifting is racing
Quote from masternick :nah it can never be put to bed, there will allways be someone that watchs FnF: Tokyo Drift and think Drifting is racing

if anyone ever thinks drifting is cool because of that movie i will kill myself. Worst movie EVER:wtf2:

haha everyone should watch the D1 GP. or Falken Drift Team.

ive noticed that drifting is alot more fun, i know im only a demo user so i suck at life but i can drift

i have a feeling these kids who cite the dictionary an other sources get there ass beat all the time in school. who cares if drifting isnt exactly racing becuase it isnt timed(btw, it is.its not as important to the judges but it is.). i dunno, when ever im in a drift server, i usually try to over take the person in front of me, and in D1GP they do the same,
Quote from gezmoor :Ok lets put this semantic argument to bed:

From the Oxford English Dictionary -

race

noun 1 a competition between runners, horses, vehicles, etc. to see which is fastest over a set course. 2 (the races) a series of races for horses or dogs, held at a fixed time on a set course. 3 a situation in which people compete to be first to achieve something.

So, unless it's timed or there is a time aspect to the competition it's not a race. It can be a sport, competition etc with 1st, 2nd places etc but unless the placing is time dependant it's not a race.

I post this purely to make a factual point. I know nothing about drifting and have no idea if it meets this criteria or not so this is not an anti-drifting post.

Mkay, here goes.

IMO, LFS it is the devs' intention to simulate all types of motorsport. I remember reading this somewhere but i can't remember where.

That includes drifting, rally, autocross, bog standard track racing.

The devs do not support cruising because it is not a form of motorsport. It is a moronic driving-around-a-track session
Quote from NiTRo_SvK :With my DFP I found it harder to drift in patch Z, more grip on cold tyres, which means I need to push it far harder than before and still be more focused to avoid understeer, otherwise on warm tyres it's much easier to oversteer than before. But I'm getting used to it. (DFP at 720 degrees)

Yah i found it harder on patch Z too.
I can't enter the corners that good with fresh tires like i could in patch Y.
But i think its more realistic now that they changed some stuff, makes it a bit harder to drift.
Hello, i am Drift king of israel at the moment, and also Racing from time to time.
I would like to say, that LFS is getting more and more realistic.
I like very much, that now the sliding comes quicker and harder to correct [as in real life]. Patch Z made the XRT behaving even better.

There is still one thing, that different from real: Tire grip is like linear, that is not right.
In real life you can feel, in the end of the slide - you get sudden grip [rubber aspect].
How can it be seen very easly?:
When you start accelerating from "0" - it doesn't matter do you spin wheels or not. In real life,if you spin wheels too much - the car almost doesn't accelerate.

The more tires speed differs from ground speed - the less grip there is.

I remember Raininig day,when i took off with huge wheelspin and in 5 seconds moved maybe 2 metrs, not more ))

Patch Z = Easier to drift?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG