The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
SoftTH Question - Underclocking 2nd Card...
Well, as some of you may know I run 3 monitors using two graphics cards, the second one being a 6600GT. Now the only demanding thing the second card ever does is SoftTH, however the card still runs quite hot (54° idle) and i'd like to keep it nice and cool - would underclocking it (both GPU & memory) have any effect on SoftTH?

I want people who know what their talking about to answer this, please (sorry - expecting a raft of "well if it iz underclocked it iz slower11!!"s).
You could quite happily underclock it Jack. I used a 7300LE with mine, the real budget one that I just grabbed from a Dell we have. I think due to the fact no image processing is done on the second card it'd be fine.

Sadly I can't remember the ins and outs of it without looking at the site, but I'm pretty sure it'll tell you all it there.
#3 - Jakg
On the site it says the speed is irellevant but I just wanted to check - thanks!
So long as it has sufficient bandwidth to accept the data it is being given, but then I'd imagine that's more limited by the PCIe speed than anything.
#5 - Jakg
Right then - question number 2 - does anyone know any software that lets me alter the clock speed of the second card? ATi tool has no option to select the second card, RivaTuner doesn't have the "low-level system" option - what else?
Hmm, the Catalyst control centre used to let me pick my graphics card and I still had the same spead of options for both cards. Although I never specificially tried to alter the frequencies.

I can't try it now as I've switch to Omega drivers, which don't allow me to do anything with the second card.
#7 - Jakg
...and i'm running 2x nVidia cards (8800GTX / 6600GT).
Ah... you can use ATI Tray Tools with non-ATI products then?
#9 - Jakg
ATi Tray Tools - No idea.

ATi Tool - Yes.
something tells me the best way to avoid any drivers going bezerk and underclocking the wrong card would be to flash the bios on the 66

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG