The online racing simulator
Ctra
(15 posts, closed, started )
Ctra
Some Words To CTRA,
you CTRA PPL should rethink your Banning Practise!
I Drive a thousend Miles without any Crash and then i should let me be Banned because i break to late? Are you PPL Cracy? If i Report anyone who crashed me on your Servers nobody are driving there now!!!
Anyone who knows me can tell you that i always try to Drive Fair and have Great Racing.
I say Sorry to the Driver i hit but it was just a Mistake and nothing more.
If CTRA think they have to Bann PPL for Mistakes then i can life without these Servers!
Friengly Regards and sorry for my bad English
DOC
#2 - kirmy
i think this should be somewhere else, can anybody help me out?
There is this ctra section in leagues and events. AND the forum here is not to complain bout bans on ctra, just pm d00f (iirc) and say your problems to him, but not here.
#5 - Jakg
#6 - Gil07
DOC, you'd be better off sending a PM to the user "do0f"
If a thread is in the wrong place use the "report this post" feature. Do not post in the thread asking for it to be moved.
#8 - Gil07
Upon watching the replay

A ban for that? What the hell is going on here? He was forced wide, just like ^P^Kris and Kuneman, so went over the apron. If he had gone back to the oval there would have been a massive crash :/

The T1 crash could be his fault, but just a racing incident like something that happens in every race in CTRA without any bans happening :/

Very unfair imo
Sorry for that post here but i forgot that CTRA password and dont find a way to contact the CTRA Makers.
I am just Driving LFS after Work and i am not very good in this forum and comunity things. Maybe i am to old for this!
Sorry again but i am very angry about the situation.

Greetings DOC
Yeah, wasn't really worth banning
Can ecko, D O C is a fast, fair driver...
I gotta agree that the admin decision may have been a bit harsh in this case. I remember DOC from my time on Race1 (I think) and as far as I can remember he's a decent and fair driver.

Also, after quickly watching that replay I don't think the crash was his fault. He only bumped into one car, the others that spun out weren't his fault at all. And yeah, he was kind of forced to the right at the start there.

He should have apologized for bumping the other driver off the track, though, even if the other driver went to spectate almost immediately, so I guess he should be sanctioned for that, but not with a short term ban.
After viewing the replay several times, I'd have to agree that a ban does seem overly harsh... like others have said, you need to PM do0f.
I had a quick look, it's only a short term ban which lasts a few days.

The reason for the ban is because we felt that because of your license level, and your great behavior on the track normally we needed to send a strong message to you so the message 'sinks in'.
#15 - SamH
I've just reviewed the replay. Yes, the doctor was forced onto the apron initially, but it's a course cut and it's somewhere you're not supposed to be. After 3 seconds, the coast was clear to return to the normal track and resume without risk, but instead the doctor spent a full 10 seconds on the apron. Course cutting is an issue that is never taken lightly on CTRA servers - so many of our stats and points calculations can be negatively affected by it that we have no option but to be "serious" about it, and we've always been very up-front about that fact.

Nevertheless, the matter at hand could have been resolved much easier by an appeal against the ban, if the driver so wished, the admin would have been happy that the driver understood the importance of keeping to the designated grey stuff, and the ban would surely have been lifted. I gather that the reason it's being played out here on the forum and not on the CTRA website is because of a forgotten password. A quick look at all the moderators for this subsection would give you a hint as to who to contact directly, or a browse around this subforum would have floated the name "do0f" to the top.

I, for one, make no apology for the apparent heavy-handedness of the CTRA admin team in instances such as this. For every situation like this, we get an equal number of complaints about the LACK of strictness on our servers. It's all a juggle and a balance, and it works out on average.
This thread is closed

Ctra
(15 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG