The online racing simulator
Sounds like the GPL easy/medium/pro damage modes.
I didn't mean different levels of damage... not at all
Just that it would cost you points to get your damage fixed
Perhaps there should be a limit too.... you have to have XXX number of points or you cannot connect to the advanced servers. Would help to keep wreckers out
Disabling the pit shortcut key and the reset key would be a really effective way of making people to really start avoiding crashes and driving more carefully. It's of course also a step towards realism.

If you crash and can't recover then that's it, you're done and if you damage your car enough you have to drive to the pits.

But, yeah... would that system actually scare the people away from LFS?
Encrypt credit balance, and make damage repair paid for in credits.
There'd need to be an accomodation for less serious/skilled players, or make it a server toggle, so one could race to refill their balance with a clear conscience (wrt to the risk of crashing) on repair-for-free servers.

There could also be a separate system for leagues, where anything to do with damage (repair/teleporting to pits/resetting/anything i forgot) would have its balance independent from races outside the series.
This would be like ballast, organizers and participants would come to a consensus beforehand (duh).
Quote from Dupson :Why i love LFS ?? cause it includes quite real phisics model from the perspective of arcade game. Yes ! I love you can warp to PIT i love you can join , you can restart ! yes ! that what makes the LFS !! very easy and powerful about phisics!! And i dont want it to be changed. Are we goin for another GTR or what ? That what makes it different and that what makes it better. As I said - kinda hardcore driving model and very easy race options/settings/possibilities

let LFS stay this way

I totally agree, the useability of LFS is second to none but people would throw it by the wayside all for supposedly more realistic racing. Like I've said alreay leagues are where you'll find the most realistic racing, in an hour long race I do my darndest not to make any contact with anything because it will cost you. Expecting this type of racing in your average pickup race is just not realistic and making things more and more restrictive will not stop the fools or those who just want some fun but it will make LFS a more difficult piece of software to use.
I know not everyone can run in leagues but I think you still have the option of finding a bunch of like minded racers, setting up a server and getting together regularly for some racing more to your liking.
I am sure that most of the people asking for a way to make the sim more hardcore do not want it to be the only way LFS can be. I still enjoy racing in less strict races/sprints, but some times I am in the mode for some close clean serious racing. The ability to setup a server to carter to this crowd enable LFS to cater to a wider slice of the population.

I don't want to see LFS become in accesable to any group, drifters, banger racing, auto cross, stunt drivers, KBers, Mousers the casual racer or the hard core racers. I would just like the ability to setup a server to cater more effectivly to each different group. So that people intrested in one type of racing over another can build a place to do so, without having to make it private and then screen people or distribute passwords, etc.
I personally like hammer ideia. I think that, this way it will please more people, those who a deadly serious about racing, where to have access you have to have credits, and to rapair would cost points, with or w/o resets(warping to pits). And another area where you can do the things you can now in lfs, such as reseting your car, free damage, and no restrictions to get in.

The down side about this is that will split the comunity ingame, so meaning that will have even more empty servers on the free side (wich we already have today)

PS: If that didnt make any sence, dont worry its not you, its me. If doesnt make sence i´ll edit it tomorow.
I think thata crashs model in LFS is more then good.

It would too much if it was more realistic...

Come on people, is it not enough for U ?

For me yes, even if I dont crash so much...

Little bump ower something and your suspension is allready not same, and some contact and U feel unstabiliti when driving, braking....

Only thing that need improvemen is ELASTIC effect when chrash with barier or so!!!
The goal in the end is create an experience that emulates racing reality as closely as possible. Therefore it needs improvement! I have a hard time thinking that real cars put up with as much as the LFS cars do even now!
Yup I can't remember hearing about any car hitting a wall head-on at 100kph and managing to finish a race (not without a very long pit stop). The LFS cars either have alien safety-cell technology or the damage model needs improvement. But I'm sure the devs know that, even without coming to this forum and reading it every other month

Alekse - in sim-world, no amount of realism is EVER enough!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Yeah, once things are where they should be there will likely be lots of complainers at first. People are going to have to learn to drive A) on the track all the time and B) with more concern for "incidental contact". If you look at the size of some of the curbs you can hop right now, and do it every lap, there's no reason to try and drive clean yet.
I just can't wait the moment when I am driving the FOX in fern bay and accidentally drive over one of those high curbs: result being that the steering rod in front left suspension is broken, the rim is slightly bent and the front wing is there no more. :lovies3d:
Quote from Hyperactive :I just can't wait the moment when I am driving the FOX in fern bay and accidentally drive over one of those high curbs: result being that the steering rod in front left suspension is broken, the rim is slightly bent and the front wing is there no more. :lovies3d:

This will be GREAT!
:clapclap: :wow: :bananalla
Quote from thisnameistaken :I have to agree. Tonight I was bouncing across the kerbs at the FE chicane at nearly 100mph in the FOX, as was everybody else, never any damage when it should've probably smashed the front suspension to bits.

Well, I must say, I had a race on Blackwood with the FOX some time ago. And after about 20 laps I noticed my suspension has bend.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i would love to see REAL damage..
when u smash in the wall 1000 parts flying around.. and ur car - done
= more reality
= more players will drive more safe
= more action
= more fun for sure ^^

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG