The online racing simulator
problems since update Z
(8 posts, started )
problems since update Z
hi all
well i hope someone can help, since the update Z my game only lets me do about a lap and a half before the screen freezes up and i basically have to turn my machine off wait a few secs then reboot.

my system is reasonable as follows
XP pro P4-3.2
1 gig ram
512m-ati-x1650
realtec onboardsound
and 20 meg internet connection

had no probs before the update have updated all drivers since update now at a loss as to what else to do have even trieed reinstalling both Y and Z again still no joy

help please (
Happens only with LFS?
I guess processor overload.. Happened me few times when I had overclocked my cpu too much..
It could be gpu problem too, check your cpu&gpu temperatures.
E: Do you have AA/AF on? It loads cpu much..
in answer:1) yep only lfs seems to freeze BHD/JO and other games seem ok
2)temps seem ok AA/AF set to apllication controlled
thanks for your time and help in this its gonna turn out something silly i know cheers any way
When it freezes up, press num lock or caps lock a few times. Do they toggle on and off (light up)? If not then you most likely have a hardware crash. If you can then it's purely software and we have a whole other ball game on our hands.
Might just be your "Realtec Onboard Sound"? I know other games have issues with it.
Just an FYI, i have always used Realtec Onboard Sound, and it has never once caused any issues with LFS... Be that using XP or Vista.
hi all

cheers will try the above and get back to you on results ASAP

problems since update Z
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG