The online racing simulator
Comunity Choise Updates
(43 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Inouva :Supose , the dev´s have 2 things ready to work , but they dont know what of the 2 things is good to put in the game in first place

So , dev´s create a tread poll , and ask to the ppl , what of the 2 things like it more to be made in first place

That sort of thing does happen sometimes - either in the form of a poll or a question - in the recent test patch series there was a poll about the placement of the replay controls for example. However it's not a democratic procedure, just a way of gauging or seeing if there's a better idea out there. At times it seems more as if it's like flipping a coin and not being satisfied with the outcome so then the next resort is "ok, let's flip it for 2 out of 3".
Quote from three_jump :We are not the Scavier's bosses. They can do what they want and when they want.

But to counter that, since we (S2 users) are all investors in a future product, should we not be treated as such? Or like shareholders? In other words, we put forth money to fund a project. Being that we have a vested interest in said future project, we should have a say in the pace and development of product.

My opinion is that the improvement section should be trimmed, heavily moderated and largely ignored.
#28 - Jakg
You bought a license to S2 - you are not a shareholder, or an investor - you are a customer.
Quote from Inouva :

Example

Devs: day 5 of december , we have 3 things we made for implemet

1:dinamyc weather
2:a new track
3:a new car

Devs: day 6 of december, we have 7 things we made for implant

1. 3 new tracks
2. intelligent city driving ai's
3. 5 free roaming maps
4. 3 new cars (XGR, XRF, MBF)
5. new sound engine
6. forced weather with location when server locates
and many more

Devs day 7 of december, we have things we made for implant

1. S3

Nice, eh? Noot.
Well to be honest, having not played for 8 months or so, when, opon return, the only update(s) coming out that I can really notice are some UI improvements, and new interiors for two cars (No offense, why couldn't you guys bothered to have done the rest?)

The community is getting impatient, now. There is only so much that people can do before they get bored without updates and new features.

New tracks, new cars, new race formats (Tougue or something), parts falling off in crashes, engine temperature modeling (simple and should have been put it a long time ago now anyway...), engine damage modeling, among various other updates, some/most of these things that should have been released by now, let's be honest here, it's been S2 as we know it for a long time... nothing new has really came out in that time..

You should know that if you don't make something better, people will start compaining..
It was more than 2 cars...

Anyway, there's no sense talking about this. Anyone who's been around for long enough should know that community input is mostly only sought regarding current features being developed in the test patch forum. I think that's why that section gets spammed too much.. in every other aspect, the devs seem intent on wanting to go it alone- which is their right and their choice.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well to be honest, having not played for 8 months or so, when, opon return, the only update(s) coming out that I can really notice are some UI improvements, and new interiors for two cars (No offense, why couldn't you guys bothered to have done the rest?)

There are loads of improvements, unfortunately you have missed them.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :The community is getting impatient, now. There is only so much that people can do before they get bored without updates and new features.

Some are impatient, the majority respect our way of working and are happy to get improvements and they know more is coming. I get bored with this moaning. We continually add updates and new things that were not planned. Software development takes a long time.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :New tracks, new cars, new race formats (Tougue or something), parts falling off in crashes, engine temperature modeling (simple and should have been put it a long time ago now anyway...), engine damage modeling, among various other updates, some/most of these things that should have been released by now, let's be honest here, it's been S2 as we know it for a long time... nothing new has really came out in that time..

If it's so simple, do it yourself. You did not take out a contract that said you could not make your own simulator.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :You should know that if you don't make something better, people will start compaining..

I had an interesting thought. If all our customers made these moaning posts, we would actually stop working and do something else. There would be just no point, at all, in doing this work. Our continuing work, over years of development, is actually done for those who appreciate our work and like what they get.

We are definitely not working for the people who moan at us less than a week after a major update. Unfortunately the moaners will also get the benefit of the future updates. You see, if my kid kept moaning at me, I won't give him what he wants. I'll give him what he wants if he makes a reasonable request then waits for it. He could even remind me of his request. But if he moans and moans I will not reward him with the prize. I wish we could prevent moaners from getting the results of our hard work, but that's not how it works.

We like and respect comments, positive and negative, on the work we do. But constantly moaning about what we have not yet done, is just irritating, boring and achieves nothing. If it's so easy to make a simulator that's better than LFS, twice as fast, seriously - I am not joking, just do it yourself. I have no absolutely no idea why you don't make your own one. We will never stand in your way. There's enough space in the world for more than one simulator.
Quote from Electrik Kar :It was more than 2 cars...

Anyway, there's no sense talking about this. Anyone who's been around for long enough should know that community input is mostly only sought regarding current features being developed in the test patch forum. I think that's why that section gets spammed too much.. in every other aspect, the devs seem intent on wanting to go it alone- which is their right and their choice.

XF/XR series.... That's 2 cars (Although it has the XFR/XFG. XRG/XRT/XRR, they're the same inside anyway, so it's kinda cheating....

Sorry for double post..
Quote from Scawen :There are loads of improvements, unfortunately you have missed them.

Some are impatient, the majority respect our way of working and are happy to get improvements and they know more is coming. I get bored with this moaning. We continually add updates and new things that were not planned. Software development takes a long time.

If it's so simple, do it yourself. You did not take out a contract that said you could not make your own simulator.

I had an interesting thought. If all our customers made these moaning posts, we would actually stop working and do something else. There would be just no point, at all, in doing this work. Our continuing work, over years of development, is actually done for those who appreciate our work and like what they get.

We are definitely not working for the people who moan at us less than a week after a major update. Unfortunately the moaners will also get the benefit of the future updates.

We like and respect comments, positive and negative, on the work we do. But constantly moaning about what we have not yet done, is just irritating, boring and achieves nothing. If it's so easy to make a simulator that's better than LFS, twice as fast, seriously - I am not joking, just do it yourself. I have no absolutely no idea why you don't make your own one. We will never stand in your way. There's enough space in the world for more than one simulator.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I actually "moan at you a week after a major update"?

No, I didn't. I simply said what most of the community feels, if not says..irrespective of what you've done...

Personally, only thing(s) I want are engine temp modeling and the interiors for the other cars, and even those things aren't overly important.

(The only thing I maybe did moan about was you guys not doing the interiors for the cars people actually use... maybe mis-communicated what I meant)

There is a difference in saying that some things "could" have been implemented (Maybe wondering why not, and so on, as with the bulk of my points [See 3rd paragraph in original post]), and moaning about them, saying how "devs r suxz0rz i dun pley n e more dey nvr release noz men", which is most certaintly not what I said, nor meant. Don't get the two confused....

Improvements, yes. New features? No, there is a vast difference. I'd hardly call in game AA and AF support a "feature"... for example.

If I actually could or wanted to, I probbably would attempt making my own sim. However, I can't. So I won't, however don't give me the "don't like it, make your own" BS.

If you're struggling with time for the game, get some help perhaps? (Suggestion..)

I'm sure there are alot of things you don't like, maybe about other games, which you maybe feedback on, and I'm sure you don't expect a "Make it yourself then" comment..

If you have a problem with people "complaining", then simply ignore it instead of biting.

sorry but...:bananadea

Edit: S14 DRIFT: where is your proof or lets put it this way: who do you think you are knowing what the majority of the community feels like or wants to have? Seriously, thats some major bs.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If you're struggling with time for the game, get some help perhaps? (Suggestion..)

We're not struggling, things are going fine. We are completing the plans, enjoying our work and have more to do. All's well. The problem is in your mind and several others.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm sure there are alot of things you don't like, maybe about other games, which you maybe feedback on, and I'm sure you don't expect a "Make it yourself then" comment..

I haven't gone and said to any other developers they should work faster. Why would I? It's up to them how many people they employ and how they want to work.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :If you have a problem with people "complaining", then simply ignore it instead of biting.

I ignore probably 99% of such posts. I nearly ignored this one as well but I had this interesting thought as I went away for 5 minutes, how boring it really is that it seems now that every thread I decide to read, soon enough I'll stumble across one more of these boring posts complaining about the rate of progress. And each one makes me wonder what I'm doing this for. Each time I remind myself of the majority out there, who really do like LFS and the updates they get. And have not set a time frame in their own mind and then constantly pull us up on the time frame THEY set for us. It's ridiculous.

I thought, it's pointless, very pointless to make a post, you can't make this kind of person understand. But I thought, no, I will not give up. I'll try, once again, to explain how senseless it is, this type of posting.

But, you aren't going to listen or see my point so... never mind.

EDIT : This conversation was just one failed attempt at trying to take one more small step to brush up the forum a bit, to keep it a good place, where you can find constructive criticism and sensible discussion. We have a little problem we are working on at the moment, that the spam ratio in the forum is too high. And there's a little moaning epidemic going on as well. We'd like to try to make this a place where people can have intelligent discussions, not be overridden by spammers and moaners. I know it's hard but at least I could try to explain why moaning isn't of any benefit to anyone. I just won't give up on the forum yet. I think it's really good having our own forum and I want it to be a place worth visiting, for everyone, including the developers!
Yes, indeed. I'm a very impatient and immature person and have absolutly no idea how long it takes to code, test and implent new features.

No, I have no ****ing idea...

Neither have I said you should "work faster".. just said that should you take along time updating things, people will get bored and want new content, so such posts and threads will be made.

With this I end my further input into this thread, since obviously anything negative about game devolopment is frowned upon..

@5130DJsadhjasds or whatever

Read around the forums, it's amazing what you can pick up on...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :XF/XR series.... That's 2 cars (Although it has the XFR/XFG. XRG/XRT/XRR, they're the same inside anyway, so it's kinda cheating....

Minor point, but one worth making. It`s not just 2 cars. The FOX and FO8 got the new interiors too, and I don`t ever remember Scawen or anybody else announcing they were coming.
#40 - troy
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Read around the forums, it's amazing what you can pick up on...

well... maybe the people who like the way everything runs just don't feel the need to post about it in every thread, where as the people who don't, seem to do nothing else then that the last weeks...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :With this I end my further input into this thread

Good. Btw, you do realise that if Scawen ever turns round and says "that's it, it's stopping at S2 with few new features added because I'm getting bored of the complaining" that the community* would f*cking lynch you?

[size]* Yes, the community that you claim to represent. Go speak for yourself. I've posted before, on more than one occasion, about the lack of content in LFS. However there are times when such criticisms may be appropriate, but right now is a time when we should be grateful for what we do receive - as is the silent majority that Scawen refers to.[/size]
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

@5130DJsadhjasds or whatever

Read around the forums, it's amazing what you can pick up on...

Yup, every single post/ thread (and that excludes constructive criticism) is comming from people like you which are on the same level as you are (knowing nothing or less about anything regarding the topic but thinking they can judge simply by guessing):

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yes, indeed. I'm a very impatient and immature person and have absolutly no idea how long it takes to code, test and implent new features.

/end off (mr i cant type a simple name and prefer to use red colour to make myself look more important)
I think this topic can be closed now. I think all that needs to be said, has been said.

As said before we are quite happy with the way we work, we enjoy it and because we do, we will continue developing LFS for some time into the future, some things planned and announced, some things planned but not announced, some things not yet planned or announced.
This thread is closed

Comunity Choise Updates
(43 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG