The online racing simulator
Hi guys *wave*
(20 posts, started )
#1 - Amso
Hi guys *wave*
Hey guys, this is my intro, well hello guys. Can someone be kind enough to be me tutor on Lfs demo, I'm rubbish on the FBM (Formula BMW) and I keep spinning, same with the XR Gt . I'll be glad if anyone can help me...
Quote from Amso :Hey guys, this is my intro, well hello guys. Can someone be kind enough to be me tutor on Lfs demo, I'm rubbish on the FBM (Formula BMW) and I keep spinning, same with the XR Gt . I'll be glad if anyone can help me...

Hello Amso, and welcome to LFS I cannot help you on the track atm, but you should start with getting some nice setups (setupfield or setupgrid would be good places to start if you won't make the setups your self), and also download some wr replays from lfsworld. Those can help you with finding the right braking points and driving lines.

Good luck
Quote from Amso :Hey guys, this is my intro, well hello guys. Can someone be kind enough to be me tutor on Lfs demo, I'm rubbish on the FBM (Formula BMW) and I keep spinning, same with the XR Gt . I'll be glad if anyone can help me...

Hi Amso,

Firstly, what hardware are you using to drive?
#4 - Amso
Quote from danowat :Hi Amso,

Firstly, what hardware are you using to drive?

Thanks a lot for replying, I guess you're going to help. I can't really afford a steering wheel as I'm 13 but I use a keyboard to drive...
Basically, there is a big part of your problem, LFS requires great finesse on the controls, something you just don't get from a keyboard, simply because the keyboard is either full acceleration / braking / steering, or none, nothing in between.

It is possible to be quite quick using a keyboard, however, it will take a lot of practice.

I understand wheels are expensive, in this instance I would suggest you look into purchasing an analogue joypad, you can even use an xbox360 pad if you have one.

This isn't a perfect soloution, but it will give you a good start.
If you can't afford a wheel, or a controller, at least try using a mouse - if you have a smooth mousemat. I drove with the mouse for a year and it wasn't that bad. One of my team mates also drives with the mouse and is the fastest guy on our team. So, see if you can buy a mouse, or save up for better hardware like a wheel.
#7 - G!NhO
HI *wave*
#8 - Amso
Quote from danowat :Basically, there is a big part of your problem, LFS requires great finesse on the controls, something you just don't get from a keyboard, simply because the keyboard is either full acceleration / braking / steering, or none, nothing in between.

It is possible to be quite quick using a keyboard, however, it will take a lot of practice.

I understand wheels are expensive, in this instance I would suggest you look into purchasing an analogue joypad, you can even use an xbox360 pad if you have one.

This isn't a perfect soloution, but it will give you a good start.

I will look into that, I have no Xbox 360 but I could buy a joypad, they are considerably less expensive than a wheel. Thanks for replying

Quote from Mp3 Astra :If you can't afford a wheel, or a controller, at least try using a mouse - if you have a smooth mousemat. I drove with the mouse for a year and it wasn't that bad. One of my team mates also drives with the mouse and is the fastest guy on our team. So, see if you can buy a mouse, or save up for better hardware like a wheel.

I will try using a mouse, my only problem is that I tend to over-exagerate the movement of my hand, making me enter a corner too fast and exit too slow D:

Quote from G!NhO :HI *wave*

*Waves and give cookies* hii
Could I recommend a cheap wheel, like Saitek R440 or Driving Force EX from Logitech? Both are not top quality wheels, with fancy functions, but they work. I have used both, and I absolutely love them. Nothing wrong with them, and they are cheap as hell compared to the high quality G25 wheel.

Deside yourselfe, but as I said, they are fairly cheap compared to most wheels out there, and they are good aswell =)
#10 - Amso
Quote from The Very End :Could I recommend a cheap wheel, like Saitek R440 or Driving Force EX from Logitech? Both are not top quality wheels, with fancy functions, but they work. I have used both, and I absolutely love them. Nothing wrong with them, and they are cheap as hell compared to the high quality G25 wheel.

Deside yourselfe, but as I said, they are fairly cheap compared to most wheels out there, and they are good aswell =)

Thanks a lot dude! I'll consider that as well, gosh, you guys are so smart +] Thanks everyone !
i have the Logitech Driving Force EX, and i really like it
Hello and welcome
#13 - Amso
Quote from G!NhO :i have the Logitech Driving Force EX, and i really like it

I would to if I can afford it, lousy credit cards. I wish I was 17!

Quote from Inouva :Hello and welcome

Thanks
Quote from Amso :I would to if I can afford it, lousy credit cards. I
wish I was 17!

I got my G25 off ebay for $50 less than the new price and it come with two games. Look on Ebay and see if you can get one cheap
Don't trust ebay. It's like 50/50 chance of getting malfactured shit IMO.
Anyway, I rather go for a new DFE or SR440 wheel.
well i helped him abit today, he now has better keyboard settings.
Quote from G!NhO :well i helped him abit today, he now has better keyboard settings.

Nice of you =)
HI i started driving with keyboard for about 6 months then i bought a wheel
Quote from The Very End :Don't trust ebay. It's like 50/50 chance of getting malfactured shit IMO.
Anyway, I rather go for a new DFE or SR440 wheel.

Happened to me, I recieved some keyboard instead of my DFP, it was an honest mistake on the seller's part (which is actually one of those hardware sites that show their stuff on eBay), they sent the DFP overnight and I got to keep the keyboard as well
Quote from h3adbang3r :Happened to me, I recieved some keyboard instead of my DFP, it was an honest mistake on the seller's part (which is actually one of those hardware sites that show their stuff on eBay), they sent the DFP overnight and I got to keep the keyboard as well

Lucky you it was a honest seller, there are pretty much rotten eggs there =/

Hi guys *wave*
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG