The online racing simulator
Post Round 4
Comment about round 4 here.

I thought most of the racing was pretty good this time around - we're definitely improving!

I can longer be an admin of the series - so good luck for the rest of the season!
The racing was the best I've seen all season. There were some problems however:

-Shank shouldn't have gotten all his laps back because of pitting. The layout was designed to make people go a lap down when they pit. It wasn't intended for tire changes, but to serve as a telepit without losing all your laps.

Other than this, the race was much better. I only got hit under caution once or twice, but that was by a guy that I expected much worse out of. The admins did a good job this week as far as cautions, pitting, and even the red flag was nicely done. All in all, the league is improving, but still has some kinks that need to be worked out.
To the guys complaining about the layout, the layout was given full of info about what works and what does not. The pit lane was only meant for people fixing damage, not for tire changing or fuel. Second, if the pits did fully work like any other TRACK, you would have went a lap down anyways because it takes longer than 18 seconds to do a pit on LFS. The layout worked just as it was supposed to, no fault on layout, just that you didn't practice pit stops before race (or were not informed) about it not counting the current lap you are on while pitting.

Anyways, the other layout (Martinsville) is done more simply and WILL count your lap IF you do a NORMAL pit. So in other words you CAN change 4 tires (reset) and NOT be penalized (a lap) for it.

But, got to say the racing today was pretty good for the size of track we had. No real trouble (besides the one airborne car).

Oh and one more (mainly for Lizard), do you see why I wanted to do heats and a feature now? Luckily it won't matter on the Martinsville layout (which I hope more people actually practice for next time).
I have talke about the problem of the pit mant times but no 1 show me
My fault on the last caution although there were already 3 cars turned around on the track. Kinda strange. Anyway, I lost my concentration for that split second and hit PMD. Sorry bud, didn't mean to at all.

Qualifying was absolute crap as you can tell by my qualifying time but the race was amazing, except for my two major mistakes. My set was awesome in the long run but sucked in the first 10 to 15 laps.

All in all, there are still some teething problems but this is only the very first season and it is slowly getting better.

Oh yeah, there was someone CONSTANTLY honking at me during cautions and giving me love taps for no reason.
I believe i was the only airbourne there (thanks to mr. Scania ofcourse) I thought that this will happen(since he was all over the track constantly)...my first emotion was to raise a report. Next time try to be more careful on track(i was not the onlyone who struggled with you).
Anyway race was actually good, while it lasted ofcourse...not much to comment since 10th lap was my lastone and thank you number 10 for letting me in (shame that this opportunity was flushed down)
The whole thing about the layout is that the pit lane was for car repair only. I mean the autocross area has never allowed pit stops and until the dev's give us the capability to place pit boxes, I'll always look at the pits on this track as a "must pit." IE if the car is undrivable... I think we all need to go into next round with the intention of not pitting at all, as there is really no reason to anyway.

I normally don't try to critique the way people run their series but the whole red flag incident was completely uncalled for. In all honesty it was somewhat dangerous. Secondly, we never even fixed the problem that caused us to go red... Wetmore basically got screwed, and everytime he would say something (which I have to say he was in the right about and asked permission before speaking almost everytime) you guys would give him a warning. I myself mentioned problems with the grid (and there were problems) which were ignored. And lastly the whole releasing the saftey car before the finish line on the final lap was just hillarious.

Anyways, the point I'm getting at is simple... We're 4 rounds into the season and I have seen little to no improvement in the way this series is being run. It's really about time to start thinking and testing solutions for problems before the event. The way they have been handled for the most part is pretty tipsy-tervy and in some cases downright uncalled for.

When can we expect the replay?

Edit: I just noticed there is no replay for any round posted... That's something that really needs to be posted so drivers can privately review protest, conduct protest, and check for errors.
Another interesting race day
Well I have to say it isn't boring doing this league!!

BUT the standard of driving from some people in his series needs to be looked at!
There was one person this race that was horrible. He wasn't driving he was crashing!! He wouldn't have been permitted to stay on a public server, let alone a series racing server
For your next season I think you should have tryouts or do invites only to get people to race. That way you know what you are getting into before hand.

I also think you guys should write down all the rules and each admin should have a copy on hand. That way you all are on the same page when someone asks a question.
Also you have a policy in place for people to contact you by chatting....why do people get a chat warning when they use it?

You guys have a great series here if you work out the bugs.....BUT you need to get it done fast, or no one will be left at the end of the season.
Quote from PMD9409 :To the guys complaining about the layout, the layout was given full of info about what works and what does not.

Well..I was never given any idea

Also, I would like to apologize for my awful bit of rough driving I had when I got back in lapped traffic...I must have late-braked into the back of people at least 2 or 3 times...I hate doing that..
Yeah that pit exit is a little hairy. I was really concerned that i may be in someone's way or hit someone when getting out of there since you can barely see up the track... All in all though, I must say this race was great. Driving was very courteous for the most part, even though we did seem to have a drunk driver in the mix ... but it was really nice to be able to go side-by-side into a corner and not have someone turn down and cut in to crash you, or push up and out to crash you. Everyone seems to have a real handle on these cars now

I definitely do not want to see this series die... Im sure there are many people here that are capable of keeping it alive, and heck, maybe even make it a bit better! (not that it wasn't already fun in the first place )

.... now if only my RF tire didnt burn up after 12-15 laps.... i may not have finished so many laps down... lol!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG