The online racing simulator
Still this huge Bug in Patch Z [damage repair when setup changes]
There is still the bug that if you set to "no repair" the pit repairs if you have setup changes

Man thats such a big bug and should have fixed with z, because it is important in a race

Very disappointing...
I also can´t understand that. There you wait over 6 month for the new patch and then there are only new displays and other things, but the bugs and improvments like the fastest lap of the race aren´t in there. for me this is the very very sad.
why shouldn't your car be repaired with setup changes, doesn't seem like a bug to me, but a feature!
So that shouldn't be 'fixed' in patch Z, instead they did interiors, and minor ext./phys. changes to cars.

btw... Huge bug...? seriously..
I suppose thats because if you make setup changes like camber, your suspension has to be repaired(which often has an impact on camber) to make the changes to the camber. Otherwise it might be easy to get a f**** up camber due to suspension damage be undone by changing just the camber in the setup. Now that would be a bit unrealistic in my imagination to change a camber setting in tenths of degrees precise using tangled bars and metal. So I suppose its realistic.
But does it also happen if you only change tire pressure?
thx for that professional answer. but what happend if you make wing adjust. why would my camber repair. and you say this wouldn´t be a bug????
Quote from BlakjeKaas :why shouldn't your car be repaired with setup changes, doesn't seem like a bug to me, but a feature!
So that shouldn't be 'fixed' in patch Z, instead they did interiors, and minor ext./phys. changes to cars.

btw... Huge bug...? seriously..

Why it should not be repaired? Because i set to "no repair", its that simple.
In real they also do not repair everything in a race in a pitstop.

Did you ever drive a long race about 90minutes?

Then you would agree that it is a huge bug believe me.

It's definately not a feature.

Several people did report it, but it has not been fixed.
Quote from dcToro :There is still the bug that if you set to "no repair" the pit repairs if you have setup changes
Man thats such a big bug and should have fixed with z, because it is important in a race
Very disappointing...

IIRC Scawen commented on this a while ago and the problem here is that the setup changing requires the car to be reset to default (ie. car becomes fixed). So changeing the behaviour requires a lot of changes in the code.
Quote from geeman1 :IIRC Scawen commented on this a while ago and the problem here is that the setup changing requires the car to be reset to default (ie. car becomes fixed). So changeing the behaviour requires a lot of changes in the code.

And now. Would you say that difficult bugs weren´t fix. I think it would be more important to fix bugs, than install AA and AF and some display or such things.
Quote from coolxiang :and Now. Would You Say That Difficult Bugs Weren´t Fix. I Think It Would Be More Important To Fix Bugs, Than Install Aa And Af And Some Display Or Such Things.

Fuc De Verçao Z Good Verçao X10 100%drift No Verçao Z
Quote from coolxiang :And now. Would you say that difficult bugs weren´t fix. I think it would be more important to fix bugs, than install AA and AF and some display or such things.

I think it's the devs choice what to do, like it should be. Besides that AA/AF thing had been a feature requested by many people and now it's here.
Anyway I am sure the devs have a list of things they want to do and priorities to everything. Just like this bug, it has been noted and will get fixed when the devs see it as a suitable thing to do. Right now, it might of been too much work for this patch and would have delayed the release of this patch too much. Or maybe it would have changed the physics and made this an incompatible patch. Who knows (except the devs).
Depends whether you consider it a 'bug' or intended behaviour in it's current state. You'll probably find it's working exactly as Scawen intended - and it was probably also intended as a stop-gap until a better solution was coded...
finally people are starting to get upset at the direction/ procedure of the updates to LFS, finally, I have been saying this for a year and a half almost.

Victor what do you want? we will give you more money, we will stroke your ego more, we will tell you that you are the best, but please for the love of God, make a new frigging track, and a new car, update the F106 to the F107 and make engine mapping, and engine brakeing, electronic diff, all adjustable while driving. So tell us what you want and we will give it to you,
JUST GIVE US SOMETHING BACK IN THE FORM OF A DECENT UPDATE PLEASE FOR
THE LOVE OF GOD
#13 - JJ72
Victor does not make tracks....

nor does he make the cars.

I personally don't care about formula 1 cars.
Quote from seinfeld :Victor what do you want? we will give you more money, we will stroke your ego more, we will tell you that you are the best, but please for the love of God, make a new frigging track, and a new car, update the F106 to the F107 and make engine mapping, and engine brakeing, electronic diff, all adjustable while driving. So tell us what you want and we will give it to you,
JUST GIVE US SOMETHING BACK IN THE FORM OF A DECENT UPDATE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Yeah Victor, what do you want?

Just the kind of ridiculous post that we see too much of recently.

LFS is in constant development, big and small things are added all the time, some of the important things to come have been noted and stated on this forum, so you can have no doubts about our intentions.

Yet still, crazy posts from people who think that the only thing we should do is THEIR priority task, keep appearing. Problem is, visitors to this forum sometimes stumble upon the wrong threads and think they've walked into a lunatic asylum.

It's just silly. LFS development continues. Take it easy, get a girlfriend, go for a beer, do SOMETHING instead of coming here and whining like a toddler.
#16 - siLc
Quote from Scawen :...Take it easy, get a girlfriend, go for a beer, do SOMETHING instead of coming here and whining like a toddler.

I agree ^^
On further thought I've decided to close the thread.

We will do a little more active moderation, trying to eliminate the more crazy posting and keep up the intelligence levels.

I know most people will welcome that. We are very aware that free speech is extremely important, so to anyone who will claim we only want positive comments : you are wrong. All kinds of sensible comment are welcome around here. This is about speaking sensibly and not going on thoughtless rants.

Thank you for your cooperation.

And thanks to the vast majority most of our forum users, for your tolerance and patience.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG