The online racing simulator
Something worthwile?
(17 posts, started )
Something worthwile?
Nah, forget that topic title. I'm happy with the Japanese and Bulgarian translations.
I'm sure that is why LFS is packed during the evening USA time.
Quote from major_syphillis :I'm sure that is why LFS is packed during the evening USA time.

No doubt. I even heard they were working on a new track! Either that or Albanian translations, three guesses which one.
- New interiors in XF and XR cars (road and GTR)
- Updated interiors in Formula XR and Formula V8
- General improvements to interface and graphics
- Improved weight distribution of GTR racing cars
- XR Turbo and RB4 suspension improvements
- Replay controls (click any point on time line)

Make improvement suggestions or zip it.

Here comes the waaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance!
Quote from LazLoW :Nah, forget that topic title. I'm happy with the Japanese and Bulgarian translations.

Well, you do realise that LFS is not just specifically for you. It's for anyone who might happen to stumble upon lfs.net and get it, and people into sim racing.

Sure, they may not be doing what YOU want, but hey, there are some things that have to be done before others. You must do step 332,323,212.1 before step 444,233,515.3.

Me, I'm happy with the patches and progress. I know I don't race as much as most, but when I race, I'm happy, as long as sone n00b doesn't take me out.

Now, when weather gets implemented, I'd love an option to have it be able to be whatever the current conditions are for that track's real-life location counterpart.

But until then, I'll enjoy what we've got !

d
Quote from bandaid :- New interiors in XF and XR cars (road and GTR)
- Updated interiors in Formula XR and Formula V8
- General improvements to interface and graphics
- Improved weight distribution of GTR racing cars
- XR Turbo and RB4 suspension improvements
- Replay controls (click any point on time line)

Interiors. Worthwhile? Nope. Not imo.
Interface and graphics increase? Not noticed.
XRT and RB4 improvements. Not noticed.
Replay controls. Good.
GTR improvements. Good.

Still not new cars, still not new tracks, still not what matters to attract people to this great game.

EDIT: And thanks for telling me everything I already I know.
#7 - JJ72
Good racing attracts people to this game.

collision physics and new config on the way...........

and btw you don't have a slightly clue what the chinese and japanese translation has changed the scene in these regions, just because they don't log on this forum doesn't mean they don't exist.
Nice, another whiner.
Quote from zeugnimod :Nice, another whiner.

I prefer sarcastic pessimist, but whatever floats your boat.
Quote :still not what matters to attract people to this great game.

New translations are probably the single biggest thing which will attract new people to the game.

The rest of us, well... yeah it's not that exciting to be honest, but the new interiors and physics tweaking helped sell Z for me.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from LazLoW :Nah, forget that topic title. I'm happy with the Japanese and Bulgarian translations.

Imagine if this game was Chinese - English character support would be one of THE greatest add-ons for you so you could read, understand and type. But, now it goes the other way and it's a big add-on for someone else you just bitch and moan...
#12 - Juls
If the game was chinese and intended for international use, it would be entirely written in english first.

Non-english speaking people rarely choose a game because it supports their native language....they choose a game because of the game itself. Most of us learn english because we want to play a game that is english only. Same with movies.

I have a multilanguage website with no visits. Maybe I should have done something else before internationalization
#13 - Jakg
English vs. Polish is different to Chinese vs. English, though...
#14 - Juls
Sure, anyway, any improvement is worthwile.
Translations from Never Ever Land

Aso glasshopper, OOh, tracks in Bulgaria, Japan, what are they called as they not on multiplayer listings, where do i find them????????????????????

Now it looks good and feels good to drive, what about new tracks? and at least 1 new OVAL please.
Scawen we are all board with the same tracks
A new oval would be easy to create (One with Spectators) maybe we could hear the Spectators cheer as we drive by would be another good option)and after all people do critise the oval but it is the third most used track within LFS
Grats though for the new graphics do make it look sharper and LFS is now on an even par with R-Factor and GTR with the exceptions of New/More tracks.
Hugs from an oval junkie
Freakin Mad Popps, Mahnahmahna doo do do do doo
Quote from LazLoW :No doubt. I even heard they were working on a new track! Either that or Albanian translations, three guesses which one.

OOps me again, new tracks? No, we wont get them. But Hey we do need translations from Never Ever Land, Now that is The never ending story

PS whilst visiting KY Ovals dont forget to use your KY Jelly, but the admins will just tell us to stick it where the sun dont shine,

KY Jelly? dont knowwhat it is or how to use it? Google it...

Freakin Mad Popps
Am I bad?? mahnamahna
#17 - JJ72
Quote from Juls :If the game was chinese and intended for international use, it would be entirely written in english first.

Non-english speaking people rarely choose a game because it supports their native language....they choose a game because of the game itself. Most of us learn english because we want to play a game that is english only. Same with movies.

I have a multilanguage website with no visits. Maybe I should have done something else before internationalization

people don't choose games because of language.

but If people cannot understand the languages used in LFS they will be missing a lot of the experience. sure the menu can be translated by a dictionary but in game chat etc, things that is the essence of the interactivity of LFS online racing is much better with their native language support.

Something worthwile?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG