The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think?

GTRs FOR THE WIN!
FO8, BF1, INDY ACTION!
Most of them are good ideas, but/because...
WTF, NOOB!
My suggestion is ...
I do not understand what you are talking about...
Most of them are bad ideas, but/because...
No need for another season, really!
@ hariel-HUN-
thanks for your kindness. the thing with the FM oval server is, the simple fact it is public. and therefore there are some rules which makes live easier there. the rules are set up by the server host, and there is no discussion about it (blocking, staying on track...) which is good imo. as long as everyone is staying gentle and does not use swear words this system works for most of the time.

on the event server the rules are set up by the event host. therefore i do not have such things as "don't block the inside,..." in events, as it is part of racing imo.

i would love to do 2 series to be honest, but i do not have the time/capacity to do so. but i like the idea, with having a "race of champions" in the end in a neutreal car (like the LX6 *g*)

@dennis: the 0 monstroum *gg*
Quote from Fischfix :@ hariel-HUN-
thanks for your kindness. the thing with the FM oval server is, the simple fact it is public. and therefore there are some rules which makes live easier there. the rules are set up by the server host, and there is no discussion about it (blocking, staying on track...) which is good imo. as long as everyone is staying gentle and does not use swear words this system works for most of the time.

on the event server the rules are set up by the event host. therefore i do not have such things as "don't block the inside,..." in events, as it is part of racing imo.

i would love to do 2 series to be honest, but i do not have the time/capacity to do so. but i like the idea, with having a "race of champions" in the end in a neutreal car (like the LX6 *g*)

@dennis: the 0 monstroum *gg*

hehe you gotta update it then contact me on msn if u need any kind of help mate .!
just a short news-intermission: INDYCAR and Champcar joined forces again irl!

which will make me think about making something like: LFSCART

oval and circuit races with a competetive points-system...
XRG or MRT
slow, but fun
Actually the FO8 would be also alot fun, my vote goes for it also.
Quote from Kristjan.J :Actually the FO8 would be also alot fun, my vote goes for it also.

You can contral the drift with XRG & MRT in Top Speed
I might start joining this league, because it seems fun to drive around the oval, since I was doing it for fun! :P
Will join the league, if it starts off nicely.

Making broadcasts is also an option to make the league more popular
Quote from Fischfix :

what about an partnership with another League organisator, sothat you don't have to do the work all on your own? that could give the time to run both!

Quote from Fischfix :just a short news-intermission: INDYCAR and Champcar joined forces again irl!

which will make me think about making something like: LFSCART

oval and circuit races with a competetive points-system...

You stole my idea! I wanted to make a series with both, road and oval circuits, with the season highlight: The 2008 Kyoto 500. This race is organised by New Dimension Racing Events, and I'd have declared it an official event of this series (ok, I'd spoken with J@tko, the head of the organisation, before, to be sure it is ok)
i did not steel it. i am glad if you will do the indy kind of thing...

that sounds cool...where is the link to your league? because... if you do the indy thing i can do the lfscar (gtr) league and may be joining in your league as a driver *g*

my ideas for the indy thing were: ky1, ky1 rev, ky1 chicane, south city town, mabe another aston config, ky1 500, something like that, just a few suggestions. the old CART points system seems to be the fairest... but i also thought about a more "active" system where people will get 1 point for every lap they are doing. so people stay on the server even if they crash out at first half of the race.
At this moment I don't have a link... I made some notes on paper how it could look like.
I just wanted to make a thread to get everything together (someone who host, some admins, and first ideas about the system i planned), but then read here this. So that's what I now posted http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=747580#post747580
Fischfix, TFalke, I do have one thing that I want to bring to your attention.

There's been a request and some interest for an XRT stock car league (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=40959).

Now, I've already gathered up some people who are willing to help make the XRT oval league go through, however, you two are also planning an oval league.

I dont think there's enough room for three oval leagues so here's my proposal:

All oval based leagues join in one subforum (and within a subforum there'll be subcategories for stock car and indy if you guys want to keep it separate).

Fisch, what do you want to do? I hope that both you and I can combine our efforts and make the stock car league. (But I would really want it to he XRT instead of the XRR).

The ball's in your court guys
hmm... I do not know yet what to think about it. Normally it is natural selection wich league survives. Champcar died in the end, while IndyCar lives on (official it was a merger but hmm). A subforum would be nice, just to have one place to orginise some stuff. But this just left a big big "boom" flashing through my head.
to be honest, my league will not start until june, as i wont be able to race until end of may due to job issues so, just go ahead with your leagues.

what i can do is helping to provide a webpage for every oval league and let it run under the domain www.lfscar.com with subdomains for the leagus

there is actually only one rFactor league running, so there is plenty of room to add your leagues. i can setup the websites with wordpress and a basic "racing" layout just like the gp79 design but with different colors and you guys will get admin rights for your leagues. so you can write the articles, rules, tracks and results ect.
so we can have something like:

LFSCAR XRT STOCK CAR LEAGUE
LFSCAR INDY LEAGUE
LFSCAR 360° CUP SERIES (with he GTR class)
gathered on one page.

i also can do the logos if you want to. and setup a forum, allthough my experience with a private forum were not good. i had a private forum in season one of lfscar and the private forum was not used the way i wanted it to be used, so i switched to the official forum. maybe if we have those 3 leagues running we can get a subforum here for each league but gathered under the lfscar main thread. the only requirement i have is: the leagues should be somehow be semipro. i don't want any kindergarden on my webspace and under the name of lfscar. so the admins or the one who is responsible for the league should be at least 18 years old.

what do you think?
See, that's great, but my only concern is if there's enough interest to fill up all three leagues. Having one oval league is no problem in LFS, having two is probably pushing it, however having three....i dont know.

I mean I can't say for certain if people will be interested or not.

I do want all the oval leagues to be under one website and under one forum (with three subforum). The CART league is already a go. But how about this, since your league is starting so late. What if we ran my stock car league staggered to your 360. In other words, I run my league first, then when season 1 is completed you run your 360 league. (mines is about 7-9 races).
yep, sounds ok for me. why not *g*
If you dont mind and since Storm Racing's hosting, I'd like to call it StormCup.

However, fischfix, would you mind giving us a hand on the league? We'd gladly take as much help as possible. (I need admins, server applications, and marshalls)
Can th race time have a little bit changh?
because I want to join it...
e.g. the IRL night race time but in friday, that is sat morning in HK
i start liking the race format of the Sprint All-Star Race and might adopt that for LFSCAR.

100 laps race divided into 4 quarters with a 5 lap caution in between each quarter and a mandatory pitstop. (total of 115 laps/race). NO other cautions during the race.

winning a quarter will give bonus points.

and a basic point-system of: 1pts per lap + additional bonus (leading, fastest lap, climber,...)
GTRs WOOOOOO! Is it possible for an aussie to join? Is there gonna be single type racing? (As in FXR only with FXR, FZR only with FZR, etc.)
Proberly single type racing mate but at a guess it will be starting around 4am our time.
it should be "Champ of India" after the Storm Cup!
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
Any news about the league?Can you aproximate about when is the league going to start?
we will need to have some more delay and testing due to the fact patch X brought new balancing to the GTR class. i am not sure how this effected the cars and maybe i need to adjust some of the planed race-rules / racelength and tactics due to this as i really want to have a format with both xrr and fzr cars, maybe fxr is now able to compete as well...
LFSCAR seems to be kind of dead. since july nothing new

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG