The online racing simulator
Website Suggestion - regarding javascript
Hey!

Just thought I would let you know of a small (bug?) on the website.

Try viewing the X-Stats or the Server Information pages without javascript enabled.

Maybe include the files (or the ASP equiv) on the initial output, then make it automatically update the content after the desired time frame after that?
#2 - SamH
We've thought about it and the solution is definitely to enable Javascript

I appreciate that some people don't want to, but if a person hasn't got Javascript enabled, there's a lot of stuff on the web that they can't do.. our website is just another to add to the list. They can't view this forum, they can't view anything on LFSWorld, and they're not really going to be surprised if they can't view a couple of pages on the CTRA website.

Javascript is one of the web's best sandboxed "new" technology (it's anything but new at this point!) and really is the least of a web-browser's worries these days.
Why is it dangeours to enable javascript? Most of the websites use java. You don't see much of the internet though...
It was only a suggestion.

Main reason why I suggested it is due to the fact that I use my mobile phone to browse the internet, and he does not have javascript enabled on the website browser.

That is all.
Those pages rely on AJAX to update the information content in realtime, removing javascript would destroy that functionality.

Posted on javascript enabled iPhone
I'm aware of that Becky, my phone also supports it.

It was just a suggestion. The LTC website uses the exact same AJAX code (I got permission first to use it)... But it also works fine without javascript, as it enters informatoin into the DIV on the first output, then updates it after X seconds.

Therefore still having the automatic update on the page - but without the problem for people without javascript enabled, or javascript enabled applications or devices
So it detects if JavaScript is enabled, and if not it does it the old way with a periodic page refresh?
no

<div id="stats">

include the update page, output it as normal

</div>

wait for 30 seconds, run the refresh.
#10 - SamH
Yep.. I set that up this morning.. made good sense. Sorted, thanks Kram
You're welcome.

It also stops that two or three second delay waiting for the first "refresh"
Stats page pre-refresh doesn't show all data.

Just a heads up ;P
#13 - SamH
Quote from Krammeh :Stats page pre-refresh doesn't show all data.

Just a heads up ;P

Oops.. I was pulling in the wrong version of the include, initially! Fixed!
Initial data includes

Quote :0') AS RacersinX, (SELECT COUNT(Username) FROM .... I removed the rest.... obvious reasons.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG