The online racing simulator
TBO class balancing
(31 posts, started )
TBO class balancing
Hi there
I have an idea for this class that is really really bad balanced
As you know an Audi A3 or a Citroen C2 can have sequentiel gearbox...
My idea is to put a sequential gearbox in XRT and RB4 to make them better
Cars like the XRT and RB4, if they were real cars, wouldn't have sequential gearboxes ...

Bad idea if you ask me, manual gearbox ftw ...
As I said little cars like Citroen C2 or Audi A3 have it (and race cars too obviously)
So I don't see why XRT and RB4 can't be sequential
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
No no no. The XFR was already "ruined" by getting a sequential gearbox, leave the TBO cars alone!
#5 - JJ72
no sorry, I bought my G25 for a reason.

and there are plenty of ways to balance the class.
Quote from AndroidXP :No no no. The XFR was already "ruined" by getting a sequential gearbox, leave the TBO cars alone!

Agreed, same with the FXR and XRR. I should have the option to change the way I shift at the very minimum... I did buy a G25 to use the shifter.
Quote from AndroidXP :No no no. The XFR was already "ruined" by getting a sequential gearbox, leave the TBO cars alone!

+1

Quote from JJ72 :no sorry, I bought my G25 for a reason. and there are plenty of ways to balance the class.

+1

Quote from blackbird04217 :Agreed, same with the FXR and XRR. I should have the option to change the way I shift at the very minimum... I did buy a G25 to use the shifter.

+1

Total: -3 for sequential gearbox
XRT ->
RB4->

This 2 cars are copied from old real cars, and has shifter-H, I think

No more sequential cars!!
I think xrg should get that spoiler ^^
Well I have a G25 too and play with my H gearbox so you know that I know what I'm talking about
The XFR was "ruined" ? Some people prefer Sequential and others H gearbox...
In this patch Z now if you like mini GTRs you can choose between sequential and H gearbox and that's a nice thing because everybody is happy
In TBO class we HAVE to drive with H gearbox (wich isn't a problem for me at all)
My idea is to make a better class balancing (Sequential is really faster and less dangerous than H gearbox-That's a fact) AND to make people that like TBO class AND sequential happy

That's it
Quote from Nadeo4441 :XRT is actually Mazda RX7 FC3S

Now, where's the Wankel engine in the XRT. The RX-7 was never offered with an otto cycle engine.

Whoever suggested that the RB4 is a Supra also gets awarded a facepalm. The Supra is RWD and has an inline six. It's more like a Celica or a Fifth Generation Lancer (the 1991-1995 one).

The FXO IMO resembles a Vauxhall Calibra Turbo mixed with the Astra Coupe.
2 litre turbo, two doors, front drive but there is something a bit Astra G/Mark 4. I can also sympathise with the Rover 200 Coupe idea as well.

Most of LFSs road cars seem a bit first half of 90s.
Get Your Filthy Sequentials Away From My XRT!
#14 - Woz
Quote from Sir moi 407 :As I said little cars like Citroen C2 or Audi A3 have it (and race cars too obviously)
So I don't see why XRT and RB4 can't be sequential

Do they really or are they just crappy slush boxes with gear select buttons like all the other "sequential" gearboxes on road cars.

The cars that do put these crappy solutions also put the up and down the wrong way round Back for down and forwards for up OMG how dumb. Even BWM put it the wrong way around so muppet road drivers don't get confused
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Well I have a G25 too and play with my H gearbox so you know that I know what I'm talking about
The XFR was "ruined" ? Some people prefer Sequential and others H gearbox...
In this patch Z now if you like mini GTRs you can choose between sequential and H gearbox and that's a nice thing because everybody is happy
In TBO class we HAVE to drive with H gearbox (wich isn't a problem for me at all)
My idea is to make a better class balancing (Sequential is really faster and less dangerous than H gearbox-That's a fact) AND to make people that like TBO class AND sequential happy

That's it

But LFS devs don´t want to make everybody happy, they want to make LFS realistic and hardcore.
@woz
I'm absolutly sure about what I'm saying with A3 and C2
Lamborgini Gallardo have that too (I'm saying that to prove that the power of the car have nothing to do with the Gearbox )

@NitroNitrous
Some real cars have it, some don't.
So I don't see what you mean?
Quote from Sir moi 407 :NitroNitrous
Some real cars have it, some don't.

Because the turbos are inspired in early '90s cars
#18 - pipa
Dont kill the joy of shifting
Quote from Sir moi 407 :

That's because you've ignored the real argument being presented; if the TBO cars were real, they would have gated transmissions, not sequentials. They're older models. (Or, would be old models if they were real)

[EDIT] I also agree with the anti-sequential sentiments... GTR cars included. I liked the challenge of the gate... It's forced me to drive the fugly FZR to get my GTR H-gate fix.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Because the turbos are inspired in early '90s cars

That's not an argument for me... They can perfectly be from nowadays too
They putted a sequential gearbox in XFR-FXR-XRR and it actually works really well

@pipa
When did I say I want to exterminate all the H Geabox cars from the game?

EDIT:
maggot
I really don't see the problem The sequential Gearbox can work in an "older model" (when you say older It's only 10 Years ago and cars like that still exists...) and it works in XFR-XRR and FXR
15 years ago, and the GTR versions are race cars, not road cars
It can be assumed that the GTR cars are cars which have been upgraded with more recent technologies to stay competative. I don't agree with the sequential in the GTRs, either, though. I liked them better as H-boxes.

And the TBO cars could not be considered current models. Look at them. They are early 90s. All it takes is a pair of eyes to see that.

Furthermore, the cars are so slow that the tranny is the most interesting part!
Cars with inline 4 around 2000ccc and 200horses still exist
Look at S2000 class in WRC Those cars are Sequential and the motors are nearly like TBO
#24 - Woz
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Cars with inline 4 around 2000ccc and 200horses still exist
Look at S2000 class in WRC Those cars are Sequential and the motors are nearly like TBO

I take it you do not own a G25 or have an H shifter then lol.

You will find HUGE resistance against the TBO cars being non H. That is what makes them fun to drive.

btw: Just looked, quiet a shock the C2 is real Seq. But as others have said, the TBO cars are old cars and would not have seq. Leave Seq for the newer cars that get added and leave the older cars alone. Many, myself included, preferred the GTRs with H as well

If you dont have a H pattern controller it does not effect you but many many people would be mighty p*ssed off if the TBO were not H
I have G25 and use it in all cars I can
And I'm not saying to put all TBO in sequential...

TBO class balancing
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG