The online racing simulator
My first movie :)
(13 posts, started )
Hi guys,

This is my first attempt to make a proper LFS movie. I've just used Windows Movie Maker. The movie is dedicated to my team 1ST and the new skins made by TeazR. I'm quite happy with the result although there's loads of things that can be improved. For example I used a lot of AI footage so the races dont look very dynamic, though this was the easiest way to achieve my goal; to show our new skins.

I hope you like it after all, let me know what u think! Tips or comments are always welcome!

Edit: LFS Movies Pit link
So it's your 1st movie about 1st, and your 1st movie about anything

(D/ling now and will add comments in a bit)

Edit: Nearly forgot to watch it, so engrossed in turning a Fulvia airbox into a series of ducts and volumes. Anyway, are you sitting down Traxxion? Pull up a chair and sit. Maybe have an aspirin to hand... I thought it was... oh no, my keyboards dying... tune back later folks!
Quote from tristancliffe :So it's your 1st movie about 1st, and your 1st movie about anything

(D/ling now and will add comments in a bit)

Hehe, there's a 1st time for everything Tristan

Looking forward to your comments
I'll download the movie tomorrow, because it's too late to download so much.
I'll add my comment in the following days
nicely done! some of the camera (i suddenly forgot how to spell this word, or is that spelled right?) effects were a bit iffy, but overall it looked good. Your LFS looks REALLY nice btw
Time to comment! I like it a lot. To start with I thought it was silly with just lots of AI's on a row, but as it progressed there was a bit more action, and as the point of it was to show of teazR's skins it did the job very well. There a couple of instances when the cars when through the camera, which is okay once or twice, but it happened a bit too often and became noticable.

I like the way it was synced to the music, and I though the music was quite a good choice. The FO8 waiting for the pack to pass before wheelspinning away was (in my girlfriends terms) cute.

I thought the crashes were well covered too - you didn't stay on them for long enough for the crash to be the focus of the scene, but long enough to make it cinematic.

Overall I thought it was very, very good. I look forward to more from you in the future.
Next time with some real actors

Great movie m8, thanks for showing of our beautifull new skinz !

(edit: seems our own link ain't working anymore, here the moviepits link http://www.lfsnews.net/moviespit/default.asp?movieid=583 , which btw never works for me.. but for those who can download at moviepits, voila illepall )
Thanks guys, for all the comments!

Vendetta, yes as far as I know that word is spelled correctly And thanks for the roses, I know about the camera work being a bit rough sometimes, though I have to admit I did ALL the capturing in just about an hour. If I had taken some more time it would have been nicer but I thought this was ok enough for a first movie
Edit: Yeah, I also think my LFS looks great now! I've got a new pc for two weeks now and LFS looks awesome with it! 1440x900 resolution, 6xAA and 16xAF

Glad you like it Tristan! Thanks for your nice words and the tips. I'll surely take them into account if I decide to make another movie. I hadn't noticed myself I used the "cars-through-camera" shot too much, so I'm glad you mentioned it. As for the AI comment; this surely is the last movie I'll make with AI footage . I think I'll start saving good online races the coming period and make a general S2 movie or something like that in the future.

SMOKE (auch_enne), thanks for posting the Movies pit link! I dont know why, but all our files from the folder of the link in the first post were gone.
I've just started the upload again, should be finished in about 15 minutes.

So thank you all so far guys! If u want, please vote for my movie in the LFS movies pit as it's on a disappointing 1.91 atm

TraXX
Traxx, nice movie. I have a few things, 1st I think it's to 1sty , 2nd all the AI's on a row in the beginning looks a little bit silly to me. Overall I like it very much and for the first time it's a very good movie

I'll vote for you on Movie Pits

Een dikke vette 5 voor jou
Thanks Rakker!
My comments on your comments:
1st I think 1st cant be too 1sty, cos I like it 1sty
2nd you're right about the AI shots, though I did mention this in my first post already

Thanks for voting!
Nice movie.

Some thoughts:
- the song was already used in the "Just Racing" movie, so it was kinda "used" (though it's not my music taste anyway)
- in the beginning AI cars looked stupid as they drive just in a queue, but towards the end there was more 'action'
- would look better with multiple different skins (btw you can make AI cars to have different skins)
Quote from deggis :Nice movie.

Some thoughts:
- the song was already used in the "Just Racing" movie, so it was kinda "used" (though it's not my music taste anyway)
- in the beginning AI cars looked stupid as they drive just in a queue, but towards the end there was more 'action'
- would look better with multiple different skins (btw you can make AI cars to have different skins)

Thanks.

- Yeah! I found that out later!! Though I had seen the Just Racing movie a while ago... even multiple times, cos I love it... though I never noticed I used the same song! I just like the song and in my opinion it's nice for a race movie. Good to know you don't. A shame though cos I thought it was a kind of general music style, not too extreme.
- Yeah, I've mentioned the AI before (see first post), it's not as cool, though it was ok for this purpose (see next point)
- In my first post I mention that the purpose of this movie was to show off our new skins, so other skins would be kind of weird .

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look at it and post your suggestions. In my next movie I'll take those in account.
Quote from Volcano_Wolf :you did very well.

Thank you

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG