The online racing simulator
Offline career mode insim?
I had some idea some days ago about an offline "career mode" InSim.
The basic of it is that the player starts at the "bottom" of the "career ladder", racing cars like the XF/XRG in short sprint races against slower AI, all the way up to 2-4 hours endurance races in GTRs.

Each of the leagues run certain car/track combos (like the ones online), with a certain amount of teams running in each. As the player defeats the entry-level leagues more, higher teams will invite him/her to compete in the league they are racing in. Each team has a unique skin for each of their cars.

The Insim should be able to, at least:
  • Be able to keep track of driver's scores throughout all races.
  • Save a player's progress in a championship after/before races.
  • Make the player start with the first league's cars.
  • Allow the player to move up to higher racing classes (ie up to FWD GTR when player finishes TBO in maybe 3rd or better)
  • Make the player get "demoted" to lower classes (ie from RWD GTR to FWD GTR) when he does very badly (ie dead last)
  • Load up the correct grid of AI drivers when picking a class (ie I shouldn't have RWD GTR AI cars if I'm in TBO class)
  • If player quit the race after the half-way point but not before finishing his/her last lap, make sure the player has DNF or something as result and scores no points.
It sounds easy, but I think it would be very difficult...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG