The online racing simulator
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms795930.aspx

Is that a 0xD1 (DRIVER_IRQL...) only or do you get 0x8E (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPT) and 0x50 (PAGE_FAULT...) too?
I got rid of those simply by replugging every single cable in my pc and reinserting the cards (and de-dusting a bit).
Also you might wanna check your ram with memtest86+. Durr. Note to self: Read first.
No time to look over posts, but I'd look at PSU first, then memory.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
#28 - Jakg
It's crashed while the CPU was at idle (and underclocked to 1.6 GHz thanks to SpeedStep) and both graphics cards were in 2D mode - i don't think the PSU is the issue (although my PSU sucks balls).
Done the memory test yet? thats what im betting on, I bought 2 gb of corsair memory new, made my computer bdod randomly or quicker when playing games. Turned out it was corrupt memory, if it is only 1 stick which is bust just remove the faulty one.
#30 - wien
Also note that if you're using Memtest86 it isn't completely foolproof. I've had Memtest run all day long on my computer, but still having Prime95 turn up some memory errors.

Prime95 is in fact an excellent way to determine if your memory or CPU is causing trouble. It has a few different modes that makes it use most of your memory (memory test) or mostly CPU cache (CPU test). If for instance the memory test fails, but the CPU test doesn't, you know the memory is bad. If both fail, it's probably the CPU. A properly stable computer should be able to run either of these tests for at least 6 hours, ideally indefinitely.
Quote from Jakg :Ah, forgot to say I usually get a "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO" error or similar.

I will right down the crash address next time it happens, Auto Restart's already off.

Interrupt requests are usually used for soundcards, at least that's my experience. I was having a similar problem until I've update my soundcard drivers.
#32 - arco
Could be a defective graphics card. I had those random BSODs and the nvport.sys error for a while, until the graphics card decided to give all up and show funny lines on the screen.
#33 - mr_x
I'd be willing to bet it's either faulty memory or drivers (both as already said).

Had this error come up on a customers computer at work and it was the memory that tested faulty, but often blue screens point to dodgy drivers, dodgy windows install or dodgy memory... Or even the first 2 caused by the 3rd.
I used to have this BSOD on my iMac when doing anything that was RAM intensive (alt-tabbing in/out of a Source based game mainly), and replacing ram fixed it for me atleast.
I don't know if Prime95 did stress the ram, been too long. But i got Orthos Prime which seems very well suited to test your ram+cpu

http://home.wanadoo.nl/stefank ... /FILES/Orthos%20Prime.rar

Also, could you try to rip that Creative soundcard out just to test if it helps? I did have some experiences like you caused by an X-Fi card which gave up the ghost after months working fine.

I'm so glad i have replaced the crappy thing with an ESI Juli@
I saw a post about drivers, that would be incredibly unlikely. I think it's either the memory or the PSU. PSU's can cause it because of instability, just an instance of it will cause all kinds of hell to the system, hopefully you have another PSU lying around. I think I have a 300W, 19A on the 12V rail(can handle up to a 8600GTS or so) but you live a little far, shipping and all.. It works, used it for a little less than two years with a 3700+ & X800Pro, all stock. Doesn't have PCI-E but most cards come with an adapter. Anyways just figured I'd offer, I only have it because I refuse to throw anything away that could someday benefit me or a friend. Wait I checked again it's 350W, same ampage.
the last...80 BSOD I've had, were driver problems, I don't see why it would be incredibly unlikely in this case.
Quote from breadfan :Interrupt requests are usually used for soundcards, at least that's my experience. I was having a similar problem until I've update my soundcard drivers.

IRQ's are used for far more than just sound cards.
IRQ points automatically to a device failure, or driver fault. It could be your hard drive (just throwing that in to the mix, so I can piss you all off). Nine times out of ten, it's the video card drives tho.

Never the less:
Update your BIOS (Yes, your BIOS!)
Update your Chipset Drivers.
Update your Hard Drive Controllers.
Update your Sound Card Drives.
Update your Video Card Drivers.

Could be an over heating issue (however, that is normally followed by beeping sounds.) Take a can of compressed air to it.
#40 - Jakg
Latest BIOS and it's not overheating (and a can of compressed air won't help as most of it is water-cooled!).

Will try new drivers tonight...
Quote from Dygear :It could be your hard drive (just throwing that in to the mix, so I can piss you all off).

In fact a faulty hard drive screwed my system up before, even to the points where it wouldn't go past the POST-screen in the end?
Anyone wanna have it? Plug it in and your PC is sure to be screwed
During all my pc adventures, I've never had a overheating anything, that made the pc beep. Both cpus, graphics cards, ram and chipsets have been too hot here. The only beep, was from the POST afterwards
#43 - Jakg
Depending on your hardware, it shouldn't beep but will probably shut down (my 114° C AMD 3700 adventure taught me that...)
I had the error at work aswell (at my intern I helped at a helpdesk), and I got the same error once.

How many hard disks do you have? I cant really remember that well, but I believe the error had to do with the harddisks both in master/slave mode (altough its amazing the PC would boot then).
#45 - Jakg
I have 3 (2x 7200.7's in RAID0 and 1x 7200.10), all connected via SATA.

Hasn't done it since I posted this thread, though :X
Quote from Jakg :I have 3 (2x 7200.7's in RAID0 and 1x 7200.10), all connected via SATA.

Hasn't done it since I posted this thread, though :X

Can you go to the BIOS and see if it mentions anything about the hard disks being in master or slave mode?
sata doesnt have any masters or slaves anymore
those terms were considered unpc by the intel legal department forcing the sata engineers to change plans from using a massively daisy chained modell with up to 32 levels of slavery to one where each drive gets its own cable making everyone effecitvely a master... and adding tons of cable clutter
SATA drives do have Master/Slave connectors
none of mine do
#50 - Jakg
...and it's started again.

My PSU does get awfully hot, although that makes no sense as to if that causes the problem though.

PC Constantly BSOD'ing - Need Help
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG