The online racing simulator
A set of pedals?
(9 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
A set of pedals?
I've currently got 4 sets of pedals none of which I like, three of them Logitech pedals which all work but are cheap and horrible and have to use two sets at a time to get 3 pedals. My other pedal set is from the Fanatec test wheel, which if they worked would be just what I'm looking for, unfortunately they've now got to the stage where the intermittent loss of inputs isn't funny.

I'm looking for a set of pedals that will be both reliable (ie. not wireless) and reasonably ergonomic to use, Fanatec pedals would be fine, anything Logitech produced not so. Does anybody make pedals that a set of pedals that fit this description, I'd be looking to pay £50-100 for a set of pedals but really can't stretch to the expensive ones.

I suppose alternatively I could have a bit of a DIY project but I can't see any free time to do that for a long time. Alternatively I wonder if it would be possible to convert the Fanatec pedals to be wired with the Logitech circuit board?
The G25 pedals are really good actually. I suspect they will endure more abuse then the fanatec pedals. I like the feel of the fanatec pedals a bit more though but well it´s really close between them. In a cockpit I would for sure preferr the G25 pedals due to my nixim progressive brake mod . But for that some you are getting close to afford a real set of pedals like these I just ordered. http://www.cannonsimulationtec ... R-with-Floor-Brackets.JPG close and close you are halfway there at least . The benefit here is standalone truly indestructable pedals that feels much much more like the real deal.
#3 - ajp71
Problem is a set of G25 pedals requires a G25 so unless someone has got a broken G25 with working pedals there's not a lot of point in getting one.
#4 - ajp71
Having opened (whoever at Fanatec thought it was a good idea to have 17 screws securing the pedal cover should be shot)the pedals and done some fiddling I've managed to get the Fanatec accelarator pot working with the Logitech board, going to try the same with the brake now.
#5 - ajp71
Got it working like a treat, biggest fiddle was getting the thing reassembled with pots correctly inserted in both pedals. Very simple to do and if anybody has a faulty set of test pedals lying around and an old game controller I recommend you give it a go. Will try and find an old joystick I've got lying about so I can re-do it with 3 axis and hopefully the board will fit inside the pedal base (FF GP board was too long and narrow).
I'm sorry I did not see this sooner, this would have done the job for you:

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/

I have never ordered from him, and am no way affiliated with him but i have read many good things about him and he seems to know his stuff fairly well.
CST pedals are one of the best!
If you decide for the g25, and obviously If you want , go to Leo Bodnar forum and ask to him about if he is developing some kind of USB interface for connect CST pedals with G25 wheel..he is the supplier of my usb chips and the Todd ones
regards
There is big advantages with standalone pedals as well. When you want to upgrade your wheel your pedals don´t become useless
Quote from oqvist :There is big advantages with standalone pedals as well. When you want to upgrade your wheel your pedals don´t become useless

yep

and you can add a button box, h-shifter, sequential shifter...encoders, lights.

A set of pedals?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG