The online racing simulator
F1 Calander 09
(16 posts, started )
F1 Calander 09
BBC STORY

draft calander relased again and looksas if we are up to 19 races. Magny-Cour still has a place so far and British GP back in June. No real shocks tbh.
The link fails, you put http:// twice.
Quote from mcintyrej :The link fails, you put http:// twice.

And more reason why you should.....

a) check links before posting.
b) never post after a couple of Buds.......some Vodka and a Magners.
Once again no US Grand Prix.
Might have been couple of months ago when the teams agreed that 20 races per year would be ideal. I bet Bernie would like to have 52 GPs per season.
With 20 races per year, Abu Dhabi for next year's finale leaves only one slot left. India, South Korea, and probably Russia are coming in, so that means a couple races will have to go. Hungary? France? Australia? Canada? Malaysia maybe? The likelihood of squeezing the US GP back in seems low, despite it being such a huge market for the manufacturers.
oh great another street circuit :/
Australia and Canada wont go either will Malaysia.

Us gp will come back eventually, i think the European races are the ones in most danger as bernie is presured into making it more international and as we know it is still very european based.

Despite what anyone says the British gp will stay no matter what happens.

I think countrys such as: France, Australia, Canada and USA need completely different track styles to what they have currently or have used.
Quote from deggis :Might have been couple of months ago when the teams agreed that 20 races per year would be ideal. I bet Bernie would like to have 52 GPs per season.

Imo i would too.
Quote from Mustafur :I think countrys such as: France, Australia, Canada and USA need completely different track styles to what they have currently or have used.

I'd vote for Phillip Island for Australia. Nice track with good mix of fast and slow corners, elevation changes, cambers, and a decent length to boot. Good corporate facilities too (for Bernie and sponsors).

I thought about my local track, Queensland Raceway, but the drivers will probably fall asleep there.
If they're going back to US, they should find a better track than Indianapolis. Oval in-field doesn't really make for F1 level racetrack.
... but if the last corners were slow enough you could actually overtake there
Long Beach
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Do you want to see overtaking or not?

It's not a Monaco rail. If vastly bigger LMP cars can overtake there, so can F1. Or could if F1 could overtake on Tilkedromes first...

Long Beach GP has been one of the best events in ALMS/ChampCar (they've raced there on the same weekend). The current track layout would be too short though. Plus it has already F1 history and The Mummy* wants street tracks (this year Valencia and in future maybe Paris/London...).

* Bernie
Quote from samjh :I'd vote for Phillip Island for Australia. Nice track with good mix of fast and slow corners, elevation changes, cambers, and a decent length to boot. Good corporate facilities too (for Bernie and sponsors).

I thought about my local track, Queensland Raceway, but the drivers will probably fall asleep there.

Philip island is good but i think it needs a bit of a galmoring up it looks fairly dull.

I heard in the news that Eastern creek has offered up to 100 million for an upgrade on its track to make it up to F1 standard, i would rather it there.(allthough i might be a little bais as its right next to my house).

F1 Calander 09
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG