The online racing simulator
New PC
(27 posts, started )
#1 - r4f@
New PC
hi, im Going to buy a new pc next Week, but im a bit in doudt(Dont know how to write it )about the cpu and the vga. I have a budget of 600€.

This is the first choice
CAIXA ATX 3RSYSTEM K400LI BLACK - 38.90EUR
Power Source LINKWORLD 580W - 24,99EUR
ASUS P5KC INTEL P35 SK775 FSB 1333/DDR2/DDR3 - 95EUR
Core dual quad Q6600 2.40GHZ FSB1066 8MB BOX - 185.90EUR
Ati HD3870512MB DDR4 - 153,90EUR
TRANSCEND JETRAM 2GB DDR2 800 + HDD SAMSUNG 320 GB SATA II 7200RPM Total: 83.65EUR

Sub-Total: 590.24EUR

The second choice is buying a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2,5ghz 222€ and an Asus GF9600GT 512mb DDR3 120€, the total will stay at 595€.

Well, im planing to play the newest games, specialy crysis, my monitor only have a max resolution of 1024x728, but im planning to buy a new one later. What i would like to know is with what choice I will get a better perfomance in games?

#2 - G!NhO
dont take the 3870, the 4850 is newer and a few bucks more.
i bought the 4850 too, i get my pc next week , and REALLY wanna play Crysis too
#3 - r4f@
Quote from G!NhO :dont take the 3870, the 4850 is newer and a few bucks more.
i bought the 4850 too, i get my pc next week , and REALLY wanna play Crysis too

yeah, i would like to buy it, but here in portugal, where i leave, it hasn´t came yet and it wont came so soon so... And i don´t want to wait since im without my pc doing now 10 months
154euros is pretty expensive for a 3870. For Live For Speed and most games, the 3870 is good enough to run at 1280x1024 or more. I was thinking about at 4850, but then i'd need to get a really fast processor so the videocard didn't get bottlenecked.
#5 - r4f@
Quote from Gabkicks :154euros is pretty expensive for a 3870. For Live For Speed and most games, the 3870 is good enough to run at 1280x1024 or more. I was thinking about at 4850, but then i'd need to get a really fast processor so the videocard didn't get bottlenecked.

well, 154 euros isn´t quite expensive where i leave. In other stores, this vga costs 200euros.
Don't take a quad core with only 1066MHz FSB, it's completely useless and doesn't fit with the rest of the system. A C2D 8x00 might be the better choice. More cache, less useless (while idle) cores and maybe even cheaper.
Also why is the 4850 not coming out soon (just as a question, don't want to flame you in any way)? Can't you wait for let's say another week or two and get the best you can get for little money?

greetz

der butz
#7 - r4f@
Quote from der butz :Don't take a quad core with only 1066MHz FSB, it's completely useless and doesn't fit with the rest of the system. A C2D 8x00 might be the better choice. More cache, less useless (while idle) cores and maybe even cheaper.
Also why is the 4850 not coming out soon (just as a question, don't want to flame you in any way)? Can't you wait for let's say another week or two and get the best you can get for little money?

greetz

der butz

well, I talked to the owner of the store, and he said they wont get the 4xxx Series any time soon, i went to another store today, they said me the same. The others stores who migh have it in a week or two are out of question, because it´s too expensive there... an HD3850 costs about 200€ here in some stores . I had in mind already a 8400 3.0ghz, but i have asked in foruns and etc. and they recomended me the Q6600. I also asked for the 8800GT, as it´s suposed to be around the same price as an HD3870... but no... 400€?
hmmm... can you buy the stuff over the internet? I presume even when you buy the stuff from a shop outside Portugal it still might be a lot cheaper than where you seem to get it. Plus you get everything you really want! c2d8400 looks great for your needs btw.
Have you checked any portuguese shops on teh interweb yet? How expensive are they?
Hope I can help

greetz

der butz
#9 - r4f@
Quote from der butz :hmmm... can you buy the stuff over the internet? I presume even when you buy the stuff from a shop outside Portugal it still might be a lot cheaper than where you seem to get it. Plus you get everything you really want! c2d8400 looks great for your needs btw.
Have you checked any portuguese shops on teh interweb yet? How expensive are they?
Hope I can help

greetz

der butz

yes, i have been shearching, i found various websites where it was cheaper, but the costs of the shipping, it stays about the same price, so its not realy worthless.

you can check this website you like www.nuno-candeias.pt
I will buy my stuff from here - www.coolmatica.net
i ordered the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,0 Ghz, that is enough i think, it costs €144
#11 - r4f@
and what about the graphic card? 9600GT or HD3870?
in that case 3870 definately. It's faster than the 9600, and it should handle lfs and other games good enough (I'd say you won't go under 150fps with that cpu/gpu combo).

greetz

der learningalldaybutz
#13 - r4f@
yey, the 4850 arrived early, 170€ is it better than the 3870? i seen reviews, and the gpu clock and etc ond the 3870 is superior than the 4850... what do you guys think? 4850?
Quote from r4f@ :yey, the 4850 arrived early, 170€ is it better than the 3870? i seen reviews, and the gpu clock and etc ond the 3870 is superior than the 4850... what do you guys think? 4850?

Clocks don't mean anything. The 4850 is better, but you will want to get an aftermarket heatsink for it.
#15 - r4f@
Quote from h3adbang3r :Clocks don't mean anything. The 4850 is better, but you will want to get an aftermarket heatsink for it.

im sorry, aftermarket heatskink (dont understand) Can you show me a picture so i can know what it is? You mean a cooler?
the 4850 is roughly twice as fast as the 3870. it also consumes about the same amount of power as the 3870. I'll be buying either a 4850 or a 4870 towards the end of july.
#17 - r4f@
buyed it, thanks for the help guys
Quote from der butz :Don't take a quad core with only 1066MHz FSB, it's completely useless and doesn't fit with the rest of the system. A C2D 8x00 might be the better choice. More cache, less useless (while idle) cores and maybe even cheaper.

greetz

der butz

Why wouldnt he want to buy the best bang per buck quad ever released ??
I have a q6600 stunning core. Can overclock it like no tommorow.
So what are you using your 4 cores for? It might be the best quad for gamers, but there are few games out using all of them. The normal gamer doesn't need more than 2 (most of the time only 1) cores, I can't load my 6550 cores by just playing lfs and running fraps, psp and other stuff... so imo it might be better to get a fast processor, maybe undervolt it at the same speed and spare the active cooling.... naaah, now I'm getting a bit too high :-)

greetz

der butz
Quote from der butz :So what are you using your 4 cores for? It might be the best quad for gamers, but there are few games out using all of them. The normal gamer doesn't need more than 2 (most of the time only 1) cores, I can't load my 6550 cores by just playing lfs and running fraps, psp and other stuff... so imo it might be better to get a fast processor, maybe undervolt it at the same speed and spare the active cooling.... naaah, now I'm getting a bit too high :-)

greetz

der butz

2d and 3d work...
Motorway speed over here is capped to 70mph. why would anyone need a car that can do over 71mph..if thats the case??
#22 - r4f@
Quote from Spils :2d and 3d work...
Motorway speed over here is capped to 70mph. why would anyone need a car that can do over 71mph..if thats the case??

What? lol, anyway, I bought the quad, since it´s only 20€ more than the c2d.
Quote from r4f@ :
Power Source LINKWORLD 580W - 24,99EUR

No, no and thrice no! Never, *ever* buy a cheap PSU. You want to be spending at the very least 60-70 euros on a good brand like Antec, Enermax, Thermaltake, Coolermaster, OCZ or Corsair.

A bad PSU will provide unstable voltages, nowhere near the power stated on the box and if (when) it breaks, it will more than likely take other components out with it.
Quote from Spils :2d and 3d work...

lmao, true!

wait...

why WOULD anyone actually want a faster car? Would be more than enough to castrate the damn things and make them go no quicker than 80 miles!
On the other hand, forget what I said, if that would be the case, then half of europe would come over here stuffing our beautiful Autobahn with rented german cheapo cars doing 105 on a loooooong straight!

greetz

der butz
#25 - r4f@
Quote from der butz :lmao, true!

wait...

why WOULD anyone actually want a faster car? Would be more than enough to castrate the damn things and make them go no quicker than 80 miles!
On the other hand, forget what I said, if that would be the case, then half of europe would come over here stuffing our beautiful Autobahn with rented german cheapo cars doing 105 on a loooooong straight!

greetz

der butz

Oh my god! i can´t understand a word what your talking about?! LOL

New PC
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG