The online racing simulator
#1 - SamH
CTRA Beta testers rock!
Yeah, I'm creeping

To the existing CTRA beta testers, I need a moment of your time if poss.. over at the UKCT forum. The beta forum is open for biz again, for a day or two
:hidesbehi

Hmm I wonder what is going on?
Finally getting rid of the useless tyre chicane at FE2 perhaps ?
#4 - J@tko
#6 - J@tko
I can't be arsed to make a new thread, and because this is vaugely related ill ask here

Will CTRA servers be upgraded to Y30 straight away?
Quote from J@tko :I can't be arsed to make a new thread, and because this is vaugely related ill ask here

Will CTRA servers be upgraded to Y30 straight away?

No (I think), because CTRA didn't upgrade to X39 (or whatever it was) until the official Patch Y was released, so that would indicate that they only upgrade at official patch releases
Quote from JO53PHS :that would indicate that they only upgrade at official patch releases

Quote from RA.com :LFS Version: 0.5Y18

Nice try

Sam
I mean when there are Physics changes :-P
And did you say that? Noooo.

More to the point, Y18 has the same physics as official-release Y.

Sam
My assumption is that beta testing for X-2 has started. I know you don't want to give away too much, but can we have some hints?

1) How much per month will the X-2 system cost?

2) Will I have to pay for new tracks? I heard rumors that Fern Bay costs $25. You can keep it.

3) Once I buy content, can I sell it back? I've got this RAC lying around that I never use...

j/k of course

Looking forward to whatever comes out of this testing.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Danke :

2) Will I have to pay for new tracks? I heard rumors that Fern Bay costs $25. You can keep it.

3) Once I buy content, can I sell it back? I've got this RAC lying around that I never use...

ffs you weren't supposed to break the NDA!

Just PayPal me $25 and i'll gladly let you race on Fern Bay...

OT Hint - Whats V85493992991999492919499294924929449^0?
#13 - SamH
Quote from J@tko :Will CTRA servers be upgraded to Y30 straight away?

I'll just explain this one, and why we're running Y18 at the moment. We try to help the development process where possible, so when we can (and/or when a change is made that we need to implement - in this case, I think it was the ability to log people removing players from the start grid) we will run test patches that are compatible with the officially released version. Y18 is Y compatible. Unfortunately, Y30 isn't and so we can't go "production" with it.

Only a fraction of the regular CTRA racers are active on the forum and not all of those are usually keeping up with test patches. If we upgraded to Y30 before the launch of patch Z, a lot of racers would suddenly lose track of the CTRA servers and wouldn't have a clue why. Thus, until Patch Z goes live, CTRA will stick at Y18. We'll go Patch Z within an hour or so of its official release.. we will need to upgrade the servers carefully, and we'll also need to wipe some of the existing CTRA lap records to accomodate the new car characteristics.

Regarding the current beta testing, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up about X2 going live soon. We're still a very long way off - although we have had the opportunity to make some big strides recently.
Quote from SamH : we'll also need to wipe some of the existing CTRA lap records to accomodate the new car characteristics.

OMG, the FZR is one of those that's changing, aint it? There goes 9 of my lap records.

On the positive side... The changes to the GT's should get a load of people onto Race 3 again Woohoo!
#15 - SamH
Quote from The Moose :OMG, the FZR is one of those that's changing, aint it? There goes 9 of my lap records.

On the positive side... The changes to the GT's should get a load of people onto Race 3 again Woohoo!

Yep! The interior of the FZ isn't changing yet (I don't think) but there is a shift in the design of the car which will result in performance changes.

We're considering wiping all records. The disadvantage is that people will lose their records, but that can be offset by their opportunity to earn lots of extra points winning them again.

And yes! I think the GTR server should be an exciting place to race again! The new interiors should definitely attract some activity!
Quote from SamH :We're considering wiping all records. The disadvantage is that people will lose their records, but that can be offset by their opportunity to earn lots of extra points winning them again.

Wiping all the records, whilst probably not going down well with some people, will definitely stimulate more activity on the servers.

I'm really looking forward to it
Can't wait, Race3 used to be a hoot.
Sam

Just wipe the records for no reason whatsoever
The people with records will whine for 1/2 a day and then they will forget and start racing like mad again Tonnes of fun!!

I feel some long fun days of racing coming on!
LOL @ Jak!
Quote from Danke :My assumption is that beta testing for X-2 has started. I know you don't want to give away too much, but can we have some hints?

j/k of course

Looking forward to whatever comes out of this testing.

ctra aint iracing lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG