The online racing simulator
The only reason why I suggested that, is due ot the fact that if you do /track NAME before the end screen is completely reached, it does not change the track.

I've never had the fail on the LTC Race server, and we've done lots of track changes on that.

It was just a suggestion - rather than just waiting for 30 seconds.
I appreciate the suggestions and it will be fixed eventually when its time.
On the Theme of suggestions, maybe have the interface resize.. the main menu screen is rather... tall for what is shown.

Or you could show more PREVIOUS races. I guess there's reasons why not showing too many future races
Yea, there is a lot more missing from this, but I need to make sure that my efforts will be worth it. Which is what this two week break on Head-to-Head is doing. But there will be a lot of new things going there...
Another suggestion: Increase the time limit to 2 minutes instead of 1 minute and 45 seconds. It's close/impossible to finish in time with UF1/XFG/XRG on some combos.

Also what do you think about adding SO Classic, SO Town and FE Gold to the track list. I don't think those tracks are in the list yet. They would work with the 2 minute limit, I think.
Quote from zeugnimod :Another suggestion: Increase the time limit to 2 minutes instead of 1 minute and 45 seconds. It's close/impossible to finish in time with UF1/XFG/XRG on some combos.

Also what do you think about adding SO Classic, SO Town and FE Gold to the track list. I don't think those tracks are in the list yet. They would work with the 2 minute limit, I think.

I'd be very surprised if SO1 wasn't there - SO6 is on the list and it's much longer. Although now you mention it, I haven't actually every seen SO1 on D4C.
Quote from zeugnimod :Another suggestion: Increase the time limit to 2 minutes instead of 1 minute and 45 seconds. It's close/impossible to finish in time with UF1/XFG/XRG on some combos.

It is supposed to be 2 minutes, and it will be fixed. Some combos it is impossible at the moment with very slow cars This (like everything else on the todo list) will not be addressed for another 2 weeks while I work on H2H.
I think in order for this to work everyone must be using the same setup (say, hard_track or something) This way it all depends on driver skill and not necessarily the setup.
Quote from The Architect :I think in order for this to work everyone must be using the same setup (say, hard_track or something) This way it all depends on driver skill and not necessarily the setup.

Nah, if you have a setup you do, if you don't you don't. Besides I can't enforce that, not that I would. But it creates better racer when two skilled drivers have their sets, which they have plenty of time to use when they are used to the way the system works.
Is there anychance that the 2 cars can start right beside eachother? Because atm, whoever has "pole", will more than likely win.

There's probably nothing you can do, but just in case
Nice.... ill try this one
I just wanted to make an announcement that the DashForCash server will be updated to Patch Z as soon as we get the chance. Once this happens I am hoping to see the number of people we had been seeing before the incompatible patches last week.
Quote from blackbird04217 :It is supposed to be 2 minutes, and it will be fixed. Some combos it is impossible at the moment with very slow cars This (like everything else on the todo list) will not be addressed for another 2 weeks while I work on H2H.

Maybe the counter makes it think its 2 mins even though its not??? Counter meaning the time alloted to join!
DASH FOR CASH is now upgraded to Patch Z, enjoy!
#90 - TG44
cool! gona be there tomorrow
I think the 2 minutes thing is due to the 2 minutes start once the cars are on the grid.

The way I went around this is waiting for a change in the majority of the cars XY co-ords. Once that happens, you know the lights are gonna be green. Then you start your timer.

But I think the plan is going to have different time allocations depending onthe track/car combo - atleast, that would make sense! *shrugs*
Quote from blackbird04217 :DASH FOR CASH is now upgraded to Patch Z, enjoy!

Nice one, thanks .

I shall be going on there at some point today after work. Thanks for the great server dude
Maaaaaaajor Bumps

Anyone thinking of bringing this "gold" back?

LFS seriously needs it
Quote from DevilDare :Maaaaaaajor Bumps

Anyone thinking of bringing this "gold" back?

LFS seriously needs it

Could be nice
I've read this post like the idea was created this month, I've even looked for the server in LFS, but sadly I saw this idea was created in mid-2008

Would be nice to do it again!
I'd like this aswell, since never had a chance to test it out

Idea seems to be pure gold anyway
Tim's still trekking in some mountain range i can't spell, and I'd think he has the app and so it won't be back until he gets back

[Unless Passo/De Souza has the app?]
I talked to him not long ago lol. He had internet for a bit then had to keep on going with his journey . I think its alpashian trail or somethin lol.
Blackbird04217, the creator, is still on his giant walk and should be back in late September (find out more at www.simracingsociety.com). While there aren't any plans to bring the server back this year, I wouldn't rule out seeing it again sometime, even if it's only for a couple of weeks of reliving the great memories. The insim application is far from finished with a few bugs that need ironing out; until then it would be impossible to have a totally automated server as it would often require the admins to come along and restart the application.

Dash For Cash - "One more time!"
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG