The online racing simulator
invalid key press sound
(3 posts, started )
#1 - ScHiZ
invalid key press sound
Hi I read the suggested related threads about this problem, but apart from the fact that I'm using a logitech wireless kb/mouse on my laptop, I can find nothing in common with other people's difficulties.
Thing is, I've not raced for ages so I thought I'd check out how LFS development is coming on, so I installed S2 y alpha then the latest test patch (Y24) on my laptop. and when I move from the settings menu into the garage and then also when I go to the track, I get the invalid keypress sound beeping at me at exactly 1 second intervals. annoying.
I 've tried reinstalling LFS without the patch and the same thing happens.
Could it have something to do with the fact that this seemed to start after updating the gfx drivers (ati radeon express) but I'm not sure, because I updated the drivers for LFS specifically, (no need for office apps etc) and I can't remember hearing the beeping prior to the gfx update.
I'm running Vista 32 with 2G ram and Sempron 3500+

I've tried turning caps lock on and off, reasigning keys etc. but I can't get to the cause..... Really appreciate any help offered Thanks
Can't really offer a solution right away but since they are wireless things, I'd try unplugging them, removing the batteries for few minutes, reinstalling the logitech software and plugging them into another usb port or something like that.

I have an IR receiver that receives number presses from my neighbour
#3 - ScHiZ
Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention that I'd already tried that, I also tried just using the lappy's own keyboard/touchpad thingy, just to see if that damned beeping would stop, but alas... no joy

invalid key press sound
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG