The online racing simulator
#26 - Vain
Frex commercially sells adapters for the DFP to mount normal wheels to it, so there really isn't a problem.

Vain

[Edit]
Beaten by danowat.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Because the RWDs are really tail-happy, and catching slides gets annoying with a lot of rotation on the wheel. Try pushing with the RWD road cars; LX4 or 6, RAC, etc. with your wheel set to 720+, it just gets annoying after a while. Not only is failing to catch most slides annoying, but the noise the gears inside the wheel make as you whip it through a full turn and then back again is especially annoying.

Done this lap a while back, not the fastest, but some nice slides http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... tid=4073&d=1134140117 going under the bridge, you can see on the hot lap little corrections as i go under there to stop it sliding like the 1st lap. If you have the wheel turned on you can see how much i was turning it in RL.
Attached files
VALE 46_SO5R_FZ5_13070.spr - 85.1 KB - 170 views
Quote from mrodgers :What don't you like about it? I love mine! Had it for around a year now. It has the typical Logitech pedal problem, but I fixed that (per Moszo's site) and haven't had a problem since. The wheel though, I find very nice quality and precise.

I think it says Momo Racing Force on my box, hence the confusion. Anyway, it's not that I don't like it, but it's hardly awesome quality, it feels nice, but not expensive. I dunno, perhaps it's just my taste for expensive stuff but it does feel mass produced. Play in the wheel, gritty feel (the DFP is much smoother) pedals that are a heap of poo (my old Thrustmaster had superior pedals no doubt).

I can see myself upgrading eventually.
#29 - Vain
I have a MOMO Racing too and I think I'll upgrade when the wheel is worn out. The rubbter is so soft my thumbs left rather deep marks in it (in 6 months), especially on the left side. So once I feel something hard through the rubber I'll order a DFP.
The only think I dislike about the DFP is the design of the wheel and the buttons.

Vain
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Won't you miss all the buttons?

Nah, 6 buttons is enough, I dont think I have more than a few assigned anyway, horn, look left, look right........er........,

I just HATE the DFP wheel with a vengence, 'orrible sticky rubber thing .

Dan,
Heh. I just mounted my Sparco Monza (its a big 350mm) with some electrical tape. It works great. Who needs buttons anyway?
I hope you're joking

I recommend you at least have buttons for Look Left/Right. Unless you have a TrackIR or something, then you wouldn't need buttons (seeing that you have a shifter and all, so no buttons for shifting).
Yup, I have a TrackIR2 so no need for buttons. Here's a pic of my deluxe wheel adapter installed:

Dont let the Act Labs box confuse you, I need to have that so my shifter works.

Time to lift my monitor with my deluxe monitor stand, aka a dictionary.
-
Quote from TheRealEddie :Yup, I have a TrackIR2 so no need for buttons. Here's a pic of my deluxe wheel adapter installed:

http://i2.tinypic.com/r0w029.jpg

Dont let the Act Labs box confuse you, I need to have that so my shifter works.

Time to lift my monitor with my deluxe monitor stand, aka a dictionary.

OMFG , fair play to ya though, if you like it more power to ya

I am hoping my frex and momo combo looks a little more..........subtle.

Dan,
Heh, I'm really digging this larger wheel and the increased rotation..I'm at 720 right now (for closed wheel cars).
Quote from thisnameistaken :illepall

But seriously, it's great that you've found a setup you like. I'm just always dumbstruck at how far some people go with their sim racing setups.

You mean like GrandSurf's home-made cockpit? (if you know that thread here)
-

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG