The online racing simulator

Poll : What method of spacial awareness do you use?

Look left & right keys bound to steering wheel
I don't bother!
TrackIR or similar
Another method (Please describe)
Multiple monitors to get a wider field of view
I mostly use my ears and the "look-around" keys on my wheel, usually helps me very good not to fail
Sound, usually I will know what cars are near and around me by using my mirrors before entering a turn, and while exiting a turn. But I tell how close, and where they are, by the sound of their engine. Thats why I don't like to use Teamspeak while racing, because then I can't hear whats going on around me.
Taken from the pool:

I don't bother - 6.45%

Pretty much explains the crashing on CTRA
It always makes me laugh when the same people crash at the start, and moan about it, you might get caught in other peoples accidents now and then, but if you keep on crashing then its usually you doing something wrong. The most common thing I see is people who take a wide entry into a turn, then turn in to the apex without even looking to see if there are cars alongside them.
Quote from DevilDare :Taken from the pool:

I don't bother - 6.45%

Pretty much explains the crashing on CTRA

That also though needs for people to be honest...
#32 - SamH
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It always makes me laugh when the same people crash at the start, and moan about it

AKA "accident pre-disposition". We see it a lot. There are drivers we've seen, who will do absolutely nothing to avoid accidents at all. They're not wreckers.. they're just completely oblivious to the cars around them! Bizarre, but absolutely true!
My own engine sound is close to zero. I just listen to the sounds arround me add. I use the left/right view buttons at 90 degrees.
Quote from SamH :AKA "accident pre-disposition". We see it a lot. There are drivers we've seen, who will do absolutely nothing to avoid accidents at all. They're not wreckers.. they're just completely oblivious to the cars around them! Bizarre, but absolutely true!

Maybe they are used to playing certain other games where car to car contact is turned off
Quote from Shotglass :mirrors and the great power of logic...

Yep, that's enough for me.
I don't use the look buttons, only a 95% FOV and the (real) mirrors on the car.
And I think I'm doing a good job with a yellow flag ratio of 7%
Quote from SamH :AKA "accident pre-disposition". We see it a lot. There are drivers we've seen, who will do absolutely nothing to avoid accidents at all. They're not wreckers.. they're just completely oblivious to the cars around them! Bizarre, but absolutely true!

Good said
I believe that someone who could avoid an accident but failed to do so, is almost as guilty as the one who started the crash.
#37 - Dru
Quote from Demon68 :Yep, that's enough for me.
I don't use the look buttons, only a 95% FOV and the (real) mirrors on the car.
And I think I'm doing a good job with a yellow flag ratio of 7%

your not trying hard enough - i wanna see it down below 5%
Quote from Dru :your not trying hard enough - i wanna see it down below 5%

Hmmm, I will try but what's yours by the way?
#39 - Dru
Quote from Demon68 :Hmmm, I will try but what's yours by the way?

Thats completely off-topic

You said your doing a 'good' job with 7%.... why not make a 'great' job and go for 5%

My yellows has been on 10% forever. I think it's broken
Quote from The Moose :My yellows has been on 10% forever. I think it's broken

Nah, I can go raise it if you'd like.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Nah, I can go raise it if you'd like.

You can raise it by 2% if you lower it by 4% first
What? Raise by 20 and then lower by 4... Ok
#44 - Dru
Quote from dawesdust_12 :What? Raise by 20 and then lower by 4... Ok

Dustin never really was the goos at numeracy at school.. oh wait - he's still there
Yeah, I only just finished my Physics exam no longer than 4 hours ago.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG