The online racing simulator
Ramps have grip issues
(10 posts, started )
Ramps have grip issues
I've searched for this and found nothing on the subject, so here goes. It kinda annoys me that there is zero traction on ramps. I would just like to see this be fixed so i can continue braking and turning whilst on ramps. Just my 2 cents.

Bryan
#2 - Chaos
this issue is known since the introduction of the ramps...
#3 - aoun
How do you know what its like to drive off ramps?

Unless your a stunt driver.
It is obivous that you have a lower grip on ramps (painted wood surface, plus all the mass goes to the rear), so you have then to adapt yourself (start sliding just before your front tires hit the ramp and you'll face the exit )
the ramps do not have any friction. its like you are driving on ice. you can drive with 5 km/h on the ramp and not accelerate but you will slide along the whole ramp.

the autocross-objects are far away from finished (like the barrier bug).

i also think lfs needs to add a bit more of gravity to the whole game. but thats just my impression from driving my car compared to this game.
Quote from Fischfix :the ramps do not have any friction. its like you are driving on ice. you can drive with 5 km/h on the ramp and not accelerate but you will slide along the whole ramp.

the autocross-objects are far away from finished (like the barrier bug).

i also think lfs needs to add a bit more of gravity to the whole game. but thats just my impression from driving my car compared to this game.

Autocross could be a very strong point of LFS if there were less bugs in the autox related parts. Probably Scawen will fix these issues before S2 full, or in S2 full.

Bit more gravity? This is not rFactor where they fudge values until it feels remotely right. Gravity should be exactly as strong as it's on Earth and it's the simplest thing to get right. If anybody wants to make a simulation which simulates cars racing on Earth they can't just change gravity to suit their needs. I presume you have "exported" a car from LFS to real life and you also have a full motion sim and of course you measured every force and every driving input before you posted your impression about the gravity in LFS. I am not saying LFS is perfect, far from it, but changing gravity won't solve anything.
at the end of the day...it is only a game.
It seems I'm having to say - far too often - that LFS is not a game. It is a simulator. Therefore no issues whatsoever with its realism can be dismissed because "it's not real", as the aim of LFS is to be as true to life as is possible. That's the only way in which it can achieve its aim of being a replacement for real racing for those who cannot afford or are not physically able to race in real life.

So please don't sit around saying "it doesn't matter because it's only a game".

Sam
#9 - Zyrez
Quote from egghed6 :at the end of the day...it is only a game.

Ehm.. yes.. but its a game we are playing, so why shouldnt we work on issues?

Like saying in a war "hey ehm these bulletproof wests doesnt work" "who cares.. at the end of the day.. it is only a war"
Quote from Zyrez :Like saying in a war "hey ehm these bulletproof wests doesnt work" "who cares.. at the end of the day.. it is only a war"

Exactly. Face it, you're gonna die anyway, so why prolong your suffering? Go hug that nuke.

Ramps have grip issues
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG