The online racing simulator
Pedal Positioning
(7 posts, started )
Pedal Positioning
Hello y'all, I'm going to "mod" my G25 pedal set and I"ll have freedom of placement for the pedals so... I would like to hear some ideas about the ideal* positioning of the pedals on a racing car.

Can anyone help me with that?

1.) From what I've gathered so far people do like to place the throttle pedal a little bit further "down" compared to the brake pedal. Some 2cm, or so?

2.) What would a good distance between the brake and throttle pedals?
I think that the standard placement on the G25 make them a little bit too distant from each other.

3.) Distance between the brake and clutch pedal? Probably a little bit more spaced out compared to the standard distance?

4.) I would like to place a "resting pedal" for the clutch pedal too.
Any ideas as to how far away from the clutch pedal? Make it level with the clutch pedal?

And don't worry, I"ll test it all before assembling it for good but having some "proven figures" as to the placement and relative distances/etc would help a lot to get the ball rolling. And even be a better idea on the long run than some setting I might like at the moment but get annoyed with later on (ergonomics and stuff). So please, don't be shy.

Also, anyone who has a "modded G25 pedal"/cockpit of sorts or something like that and feel inclined to take some measurements of their pedals for me... that would be lovely.

Ahhh If you guys can stick to the metric system, it would me help a ton.
But I think I can handle some measure conversions if needed be.

Thanks a lot, really!

* - yeah, I realize that shoe size, personal preference and other aspects do play a big role on this too, don't worry.
Are you a LFB or a RFB?

Are you going to heel and toe or don´t care about extra micromanagement?
Quote from Meanie : 1.) From what I've gathered so far people do like to place the throttle pedal a little bit further "down" compared to the brake pedal. Some 2cm, or so?

Mines are about 2.5cm. I did it using this tweak, so I could adjust the heigh difference exactly by adding washers one by one.

Quote from Meanie :2.) What would a good distance between the brake and throttle pedals?
I think that the standard placement on the G25 make them a little bit too distant from each other.

Mines are about 9cm from axis to axis. It´s perfect for my foot size (9 1/2 USA) but if you wear wide shoes I recommend a bit more (10/11cm)

Quote from Meanie :3.) Distance between the brake and clutch pedal? Probably a little bit more spaced out compared to the standard distance?

Yeah. Mines are about 12cm from axis to axis and I don´t complain but a little more (13/14) could be right too. But be carfeull with this, because if you leave too much distance, left foot braking can be really hard and unnatural.

Quote from Meanie :4.) I would like to place a "resting pedal" for the clutch pedal too.
Any ideas as to how far away from the clutch pedal? Make it level with the clutch pedal?

I have footrest. It´s more or less at the same level than the clucht and very close to it. I like because you don´t lose too much time when moving your foot from the footrest to the pedal, and the max distance (from the footrest to the gas pedal) is wide/narrow enough for feeling confortable.

As you said this depends on the feet size, your heigh (I´m 1.81m), the way you do heel and toe, etc.

BTW when I did my mod (the same day I bought my G25) a didn´t measure anything, so don´t take measurements too much seriously.

In short, I´m 500% satisfied with my mod. Here you have some pics.
Attached images
21-08-07_1143.jpg
21-08-07_1324.jpg
Copia de DSC00711.JPG
Quote from oqvist :Are you a LFB or a RFB?

Are you going to heel and toe or don´t care about extra micromanagement?

LFB on single-seaters, RFB on touring cars...
The plan is to be able to heel and toe "more confortably", yeah.

Quote from NitroNitrous :stuff

Thanks a lot for those.

Look, I've got this kindly sent to me on RSC forums.
Measurements from a professional racing pedal set.
Should help too.

But I'm still interested on hearing your opinions so, if anyone else can help... fire it away.
Attached files
72-903d.pdf - 213 KB - 354 views
try to put the gas pedal a little further back of brake, and after this try to press both pedals, configure the distance at your best feeling of heel and toe. If you can adjust the travel of the pedal, try to put a nice face (sparco, momo, or any) in the brake pedal with some spacer.
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=q_AiBdVJifA
K, this is my area of expertise:

First up would be envelope-controlled filters like Mutrons, Q-Trons and so on. But fuzz tends to dampen filter effects so you're better off with fuzz first (and some fuzzes work best with a straight guitar signal) so ideally you want a filter with its own effects loop so you can stick the fuzzes in the loop, still get the envelope unprocessed but then filter the processed signal from the fuzz.

Oh yeah... You probably want to put any octave-tracking effects or other synths before the filter. The filter will make them go bananas.

I tend to go with delays after that, and other time-based effects after the delays, so each repeat gets varied modulation, but sometimes it's nice to have uniform modulation on each delay. Ideally you want a circuit that will let you switch your delays to either end of the modulation chain, so you can mix this up and get crazy dub noises.

Hope this helps.
Kev, the accelerator, that ones in the middle, right?

Pedal Positioning
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG