The online racing simulator
Getting a new PC
(11 posts, started )
Getting a new PC
#2 - Jakg
It would be rubbish as it has integrated graphics.
So what FPS would it be looking at roughly?
With a new graphics card, would it be possible to change that?
If you were careful and did some research you could build a rig yourself that would blow that one out of the water, for the same price (or just under).. Depending on what bits you already have, of course.

A while back I upgraded to a Q6600, 4gb RAM, 8800gt oc 512mb, 500W quiet PSU for just under £400 from these guys...
Is it essential this computer comes with a monitor, keyboard and mouse?
Quote from Origamiboy :If you were careful and did some research you could build a rig yourself that would blow that one out of the water, for the same price (or just under).. Depending on what bits you already have, of course.

A while back I upgraded to a Q6600, 4gb RAM, 8800gt oc 512mb, 500W quiet PSU for just under £400 from these guys...

The thing is, not everyone knows how to build a computer and do so without breaking something. It's much easier when you're given one component and said "This is graphics card, now look inside and replace that one with this." compared to situation where you have craploads of pieces and no idea which one goes where.

I managed to destroy integrated soundchip in first motherboard I installed by not realizing to adjust those screwmounts according to holes on new mobo.
Quote from Crommi :The thing is, not everyone knows how to build a computer and do so without breaking something. It's much easier when you're given one component and said "This is graphics card, now look inside and replace that one with this." compared to situation where you have craploads of pieces and no idea which one goes where.

I managed to destroy integrated soundchip in first motherboard I installed by not realizing to adjust those screwmounts according to holes on new mobo.

Agreed. However, building a PC is a useful skill to have (especially when troubleshooting problems), and you save a load of cash in the process. Theres loads of help out there if you need it, including from these forums. As an added bonus, I think its good fun as well.
Exactly.
Here are some decent videos thatI posted on another thread here:
Decent enough gaming system part A and part B.

You might also want to check other vids of the same channel out, which explains in a quite detailed manner how to install HDD, thermal compond, GFX cards, the lot.
Many thanks for all the help guys!

Getting a new PC
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG