The online racing simulator
Minimap
(7 posts, started )
Minimap
I don't really know how to explain it maybe, but here I go...

The minimap on your screen on left or right, wherever it is, I thought maybe it would look a bit better if you can see splits and finish line on it also, maybe start/finish line is longer and different colour, and splits are a bit smaller and maybe blue or white, so people can see where splits are, there is more games what are showing splits on minimap, just a tought...
Quote from Kristjan.J :I don't really know how to explain it maybe, but here I go...

The minimap on your screen on left or right, wherever it is, I thought maybe it would look a bit better if you can see splits and finish line on it also, maybe start/finish line is longer and different colour, and splits are a bit smaller and maybe blue or white, so people can see where splits are, there is more games what are showing splits on minimap, just a tought...

you mean abit like in F1? That on the track map splits are shown with green or yellow? (green for better then the best, yellow for not as good as the best time)
No, I think he just means a mark on the map to show where the sectors end/begin. Not a bad suggestion, but most people can figure out where the splits are within a couple laps anyway so I don't see it being all that useful.
I vote for removing that map. Do you see that thing when you are racing in real life? NO.

+1 for removing it, so -1 for improving it.
Quote from NitroNitrous :I vote for removing that map. Do you see that thing when you are racing in real life? NO.

You know, I am a hardcorest myself when it comes to LFS. But I am getting sick of all these comments (NOT DIRECTED AT YOU NitroNitrous) that are saying something is not a suggestion and the whole thing should be scrapped... If thats so than make your own improvement suggestion saying, "Take away the minimap as it is not realistic...." rather than waiting for someone to suggest an improvement and then drop terds on them...

I say that idea you have Kristjan is a good one for the minimap while its there :P.
Quote from NitroNitrous :I vote for removing that map. Do you see that thing when you are racing in real life? NO.

you do see a minimap in real racing... it just does not show you the other cars as it is a real map, a map on paper. Think of most of the Single Seaters, they have one map in the car. Also: Much of the information wich is shown you in LFS' HUD, is not shown in reallife either, BUT a reallife driver can ask his crew for some telemetry things or for Laptimes and also for the position of an opponent car Most parts of the HUD just subsitute the pit crew! If you don't want it, you can swich it off, via options or via Shift+F
Quote from TFalke55 :...Most parts of the HUD just subsitute the pit crew!...

Well, I must admit you are right. I didn´t see that point of view
Yeah, I play with clear screen

blackbird04217, I´ll keep in mind

Minimap
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG