The online racing simulator
bf1 no TC tyres headache....
(8 posts, started )
so, lately i'm trying to get grips with bf1, and to make things more interesting
no tc at all. hard to start but in the end i think its better this way...only that tyres, rears especially, burn within few laps. now, i don't wheelspin all the time out of slow corners, but some of it i could still lose, though. and tyres are shot in 3-4 laps. problem is that afaik few sets i tried, all were for tc.
so, to keep tyres alive for 20ish laps, is there any setup secret, or just not to wheelspin at all? which is qoite difficult, but i'm optimistic
I'd assume keep the tires flat so you're not rubbing a single edge raw, and be as smooth as possible. Keep high pressure in the tires so they're reducing friction also might help,
Wich tires are ya using?
id suggest running r3 or r4s, theyll last longer.
Quote from Ca18Slider :I'd assume keep the tires flat so you're not rubbing a single edge raw, and be as smooth as possible.

If it is the case that you're wearing the insides of the rear tires more, try reducing rear camber perhaps to even out the temperatures and wear.
yeah, firstly I adjust camber to maximise contact patch, allthough all other sets have a bit tilted camber, and i didnt soften pressures too much to prevent sloppy handling....didnt much altered pressures from TC setups, hm that could improve things a bit.

I'm practising smooth(still not quite there) acceleration on strip, to hopefully kill any wheelspininig habit...
well, because most setups are made on basis of there being TC, I think most drivers often set up the car to be nice and pointy but to do this, they often have to stiffen the rear end of the car to get it to point in and then they just let TC handle the loss of traction. So basically, go against the logic in terms of suspension (soften rear suspension a lot) and you'll most probably get a better result when not using TC. The car will most probably understeer quite a bit but sometimes you have to live with that so that you don't screw over the rear tyres .
In addition, try using higher gearing, so you have less excess torque at the wheels - not too much, as you have to balance the reduced multiplication against the lower revs, and you don't want to be too far from the powerband (even though LFS engines are very linear in their delivery.
Quote from tristancliffe :In addition, try using higher gearing, so you have less excess torque at the wheels - not too much, as you have to balance the reduced multiplication against the lower revs, and you don't want to be too far from the powerband (even though LFS engines are very linear in their delivery.

Exactly. That will make it slightly harder to spin out, but you still have to be very easy on the gas.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG