The online racing simulator
scawen, would it be possible in the next patch to maybe have an option to save the screenshots in differant formats? for example, when ever i take a screenshot i always open photoshop and convert it to a jpeg because i find bmp's impractical. just a sugestion thats all.

Thanks Michael
I dunno if this has been said, but 'where can i choose' 'S2/'Demo'/S1'/ Mode? With this patch

Greets, Racer325
Quote from Racer325 :I dunno if this has been said, but 'where can i choose' 'S2/'Demo'/S1'/ Mode? With this patch

You don't as the host types are more integrated than before. Please re-read the first few posts.
Quote :You don't as the host types are more integrated than before. Please re-read the first few posts

But say, i wanted to play with my friends who havent bought the game, how can i play with them?
Re-read the changelog, please. :doh:
They will be able to join your S2 host if you set it up to only allow Demo content.
The demo/S1 hosts are now showing up in the same lists as the S2 hosts

You'll know if it's a demo host if...

It's less than 15 connections

It's running XFG/XRG/FBM

It's running BL1
I am about to install it now, from what I have seen I dont think I will be dissapointed.
Quote from AndroidXP :Re-read the changelog, please. :doh:
They will be able to join your S2 host if you set it up to only allow Demo content.

And the friend has to have Y22 installed on his system, it won't work with Y. Am I right?
For some odd reason my g25 clutch will not connect to Y22, it works fine in Y. I pick axis that clutch is it recognizes that its there but it will not set it to the clutch?
Seemed to work now, I dont know what i did differntly but it worked.
Quote from pauliaK :And the friend has to have Y22 installed on his system, it won't work with Y. Am I right?

Yes.
Quote from greg_slideways :Seemed to work now, I dont know what i did differntly but it worked.

The edit button is there for a reason...
Oppsie, was distracted by something else, I am sorry!
Bug report - Y22
Scawen - What about my comment about the wippers? Could it be fixed in Z version or before S3?
It might be fixed in S3 ... the bug is to minor to bother right now(damn... i even didn't notice it ^^).
-
(Cue-Ball) DELETED by Cue-Ball : missed the most recent page of posts
when i close the game if i click on the credit screen lfs locks up and i have to reboot.
running y22

3.4HT 2 gigs of ram on a 10,000 rpm drive with windows xp pro sp3
guessing this has come up here before, brilliant patch marred by the biggest bug I've ever seen in a game....if you have a damaged car and change your driver name the car gets completely screwed up, then iuf you hit something else it resets the damage back to how it was prior to you changing your name
Awesome

I get 92fps with everything cranked up on a 8600GT
-
(hda) DELETED by hda
A bug I noticed today:

Occasionally, when a car's skin has not yet loaded in multiplayer, the model of the car will be messed up (polys going every which way). As soon as the skin loads, the model snaps back into its correct shape. I've tried to capture this in a replay, but it doesn't seem to happen in the replays (possibly because the skin has been saved by the time you view the replay?).

I know this is vague, sorry.
Quote from cmanns :Awesome

I get 92fps with everything cranked up on a 8600GT

I get the same with that card, however, i struggled with "lag" last night after running patch y22 for 1st time. seemed like it couldve been graphics/pc lag (im clueless with pc's)... but i know y22 was supposed to improve graphics and speed. do you think it could've been unrelated. (i do know i am far away from servers).

Any ideas?
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Quote from Scawen :How are you trying to make screen shots?

You can either :

- press CTRL+S to save a bmp to your data\shots folder

or

- press ALT+PrtScn to copy an image of the current window to the clipboard

Both seem to work fine here. It would be best if you would give a full description of exactly what you did, what mode you are in, what you pressed, what you expected to happen and what actually happened, so we can try to reproduce the problem.

What I asked for.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :@Scawen: I press Ctrl+S, and look in lfs/data/shots, nothing shows up.

I deleted all my old screenshots to make sure, and tested again, same result

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :that happens to me..

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just had it happen to me as well.

Thanks for all these bug reports. But I asked for an exact description (see avove). It would be helpful if you would provide that.

Quote from mickyc30 :scawen, would it be possible in the next patch to maybe have an option to save the screenshots in differant formats? for example, when ever i take a screenshot i always open photoshop and convert it to a jpeg because i find bmp's impractical. just a sugestion thats all.

Thanks Michael

That would be nice but D3D does not have a function to convert this to a JPG for me. There is a way, I'd need to use some JPG library and I guess that could be done some time. Anyway, it's not as simple as just selecting a format, so will not be done in this patch.
thats ok, there are fare more importent things to work on than something so small, but thanks for hearing me out oh and btw what is D3D? is it the program or format you write LFS in?

Thanks Michael
Quote from mickyc30 :thats ok, there are fare more importent things to work on than something so small, but thanks for hearing me out oh and btw what is D3D? is it the program or format you write LFS in?

Thanks Michael

Direct 3D, which is the base framework/API for any 3D application that runs on DirectX. An alternative to that would be OpenGL, if you ever heard about that.

PS: Wiki for more info.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y22 : Faster and Smoother
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG