Le Mans 2008 *** SPOILERS ***
(222 posts, started )
The slicks in the rain and full wets for a drying track certainly broke Peugeot's neck...
Waiting for "How to loose 24 Hours of Le Mans by Peugeot Sport" photoshops.
Congratulations Audi! Peugeot was great too . But Audi is better on wet track

well, i'm waiting for Nurnburgring, Silverstone and next year LeMans 24h races
Minassian deserved it but audi won in the pitstops.. Peugeot still have a lot to learn.

LMP2 = Porsche.
Quote from diablo21 :Minassian deserved it but audi won in the pitstops.. Peugeot still have a lot to learn.

LMP2 = Porsche.

Jup van merkestijn pwnd there
Yup RS spyder rocks.
Quote from KiRmelius :Congratulations Audi! Peugeot was great too . But Audi is better on wet track

well, i'm waiting for Nurnburgring, Silverstone and next year LeMans 24h races

24h of Nurnburgring is already gone. Think it was last month. Or do they do it twice?
Peugeot sux at choosing tyres

there was one pit stop, and they weren't doing anything at all Number 7 went out of pits without changing tyres
Congratulations to ALL the participants, I know how they feel. I took part in MoE 24h, they can be freaking tired after this 24 hours. Next year, see you here
Audi couldn't lose, who ever trusted the French to be reliable?
The peugeots had by far the faster car. But poor performance/strategy in wet conditions and poor reliability meant they couldn't capitalize on that advantage. I'm sure that they'll come back next year with those problems solved. And they'll probably win.

Great Race!

Well done to the Charouz LMP1 Aston, Dome for making it against the odds. and of course the 009 Aston for putting those lovely colours back on the top step.
Quote from BlueFlame :Audi couldn't lose, who ever trusted the French to be reliable?

hehe, true. You must be an Audi fan, your avatar tells everything.
lol they need to get rid of the "**Spoilers Not Yet Included***"
Quote from Theafro :Well done to the Charouz LMP1 Aston

Flawless performance regarding the engine... which hopefully helps Aston to make P1 decision soon. George Howard-Chappell (team principal of Aston Martin Racing) said last week in a interview that no decisions have been made yet...
#190 - Kaw
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Jup van merkestijn pwnd there

Wouldn't won if Essex hadn't got 4 million punctures.
Grrr I missed the final 5 hours

Can any British viewers find a highlights show anywhere on sky? I can't seem to find one at all which is a bit odd. If you didn't see it live you don't see it at all?....
Congrats to all finishers (though they will never read it here )

french != reliable.... I think this is some kind of nature law

Anyway, I'm hoping that they'll do something about the Diesels... it's way to fast for the other cars.
Quote from three_jump :Congrats to all finishers (though they will never read it here )

french != reliable.... I think this is some kind of nature law

Anyway, I'm hoping that they'll do something about the Diesels... it's way to fast for the other cars.

What do you expect from factory-teams against a field of privateers? Look at the Aston Lola, they've proven as a half factory-half privateer team that they can go the speed of the Audis... It's just the crash they had that threw them so far back...
Quote from bbman :What do you expect from factory-teams against a field of privateers? Look at the Aston Lola, they've proven as a half factory-half privateer team that they can go the speed of the Audis... It's just the crash they had that threw them so far back...

It's quite obvious that diesel has some advantage but like you said, even more obvious that "Super Aguri" would not beat "Ferrari". People seem to always forget that.

I don't think ACO really gives a shit about emissions, but when a manufacturer does, then they do too...

Then again they already gave a rule break to Aston by allowing 6 L GT1 engines. next year limit goes up to 7 L, just by coincidence certain American manufacturer happens to have such engine and interest in P1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68236
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68281 (probably just PR...)
Quote from DevilDare :24h of Nurnburgring is already gone. Think it was last month. Or do they do it twice?

It's the 1000 KM race on the GP circuit from lms
Quote from Kaw :Wouldn't won if Essex hadn't got 4 million punctures.

The tires are a part of the total package too. So they may had to sign with Michelin too. Essex had a lot of bad luck wich van Merksteijn didn't had appart from one longer pitstop due to the undertray.

Both cars were doing about the same laptimes in dry conditions (Essex a bit faster over the 3 drivers) but Verstappen was at least 12 sec a lap faster in the wet.
Quote from deggis :It's quite obvious that diesel has some advantage but like you said, even more obvious that "Super Aguri" would not beat "Ferrari". People seem to always forget that.

Only the massive torque from the turbos... The petrol cars had a 9 l bigger tank and managed to stay out two laps more...
Quote from Theafro :The peugeots had by far the faster car. But poor performance/strategy in wet conditions and poor reliability meant they couldn't capitalize on that advantage. I'm sure that they'll come back next year with those problems solved. And they'll probably win.

The Peugeot has 100more bhp, and the car has been developed, INTO the ACO regulations, the R10 was created a few years before the Peugeot, so Peugeot already had the advantage. It's been 2 years now, the first year the Peugeot HDI "FAP" (lol) was racing, Audi didn't have such a hard time, but Peugeot have gotten more out of there car, so they are bound to be faster the next year around, I'm sure the 2nd Year of the R10, they were heaps faster than the Year before. I didn't think an Audi would win, but it just shows, when you are stuck with inexperienced drivers like Kristian Klien and F1 TestDrivers like Alex Wurz, you know it's gonna be tough, and they had so many smashes leading up to Le Mans, AND during it.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :hehe, true. You must be an Audi fan, your avatar tells everything.

No shit
Quote from BlueFlame :I didn't think an Audi would win, but it just shows, when you are stuck with inexperienced drivers like Kristian Klien and F1 TestDrivers like Alex Wurz, you know it's gonna be tough, and they had so many smashes leading up to Le Mans, AND during it.

Apart from Klien's beaching the car in a gravel trap, both drivers were VERY quick, and certainly not bad like you want to make it out...

Typical case of you blabbering without having any clue whatsoever... Can't you return under the rock you've been the last months? It was so peaceful...

Le Mans 2008 *** SPOILERS ***
(222 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG