The online racing simulator
Appearing objects and weird textures
(17 posts, started )
Hello! I must say that i haven't look for topics with same problem.. so if this have been pointed out before, I apologize and moderators may delete this...

I am playing on test patch 21, I know there is 22 so this may have already been fixed. Today i went online to race... Few seconds after i left garage in pits, all of a sudden, textures gone crazy!! Then race restarted and i tried to drive, but then i saw that there are some weird 3d objects on track too! Most of them like random lines and planes, ad some of them looked like bridges from other tracks... ( I was on blackwood) I took a screenshot before race restart ( I have actually tried to race with that condition). After i crashed ( I wonder why ) I ALT-Tabed to image prog. and saved the picture ( i planned to go to objects afterwards...) But when i alt tabed back to game everything went back to normal.

I only have picture with messed textures but not objects.. but trust me, they were there.

here is the shot...

when i look at it better .. you can see objets on far right.. those lines shouldn't be there.. i forgot to mansion that some 2d stuff like virtual start lights and list of drivers etc went transparent... some sick bug!!
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
I do beleive your video card is going out.
I was just about to post a similar problem, glad I searched first.

For the last week or so I've been getting similar graphical glitches, I'll be driving, then theres a slight 'blip' and the textures get screwed up, tree textures in the dashboard where the rev counter should be etc, track textures can go mad... (I had the red & white chequers on track , looked pretty far out..)

If I do anything to refresh the display, either switching from fullscreen to window (or vice versa as it also happens if I'm playing it windowed), or minimise then restore it the graphics return to normal.

I'm currently running the 22 patch as well,was running the latest official WHQL nvidia drivers (175.16) on a 9600GT, thought it was maybe the drivers so dropped back to 174.74 but still same problem (yes, I did a clean install of them, safe mode, used DrivercleanPro etc)

Take a look at these 3 screenshots, (the last one is after I'd switched from full to windowed and it restored the textures).

http://raiden.pwp.blueyonder.c ... /LFS-GraphicsCorrupt1.jpg
http://raiden.pwp.blueyonder.c ... /LFS-GraphicsCorrupt2.jpg
http://raiden.pwp.blueyonder.c ... raphicsCorrupt3-FIXED.jpg
sorry to say this Mladen[CROtm], but i think your graphics card is taking a trip up shit creak. I had a Geforce 5500 FX graphics card, and after years of using i started to notice weird things happening, i would see shapes just like in your pic, and then eventually i would see huge big pink squares that took up the whole track, my computer would freeze and i wold have to reboot, then after all the i played again, my comp frooze and pink lines ran down the screen so i rebooted, then my resolution went crazy, i unistalled graphics card drivers then reinstalled them, then eventually my computer wouldnt even boot up!

so it looks like your graphics card has just hoped aboard the destruction express *ALL ABOARD, CHOOO CHOOO* :dogrun:

as for Urgentemente :wtf2: that made me laugh
Yeh, I laughed the first time , it was like "woah.. what the hell.."
but now it's getting annoying!!

I tried earlier setting all the graphics settings to the lowest just to see if it took longer to happen, but it took about 5 seconds

Can't see it being a problem with insufficient texture memory (especially now I've tried it with everything on 'low' ), the card has got 512MB and runs the game great with everything turned up, until the texture glitch hits..
Can also be due to overheating of the card...
Case is fairly cool with good airflow through it, and the fan on the card isn't ramping up to any sort of audible speed (it's more than loud enough to here when it does it after a reboot when it runs at full speed until the drivers load).

So far I haven't noticed it in any other games, and things like UT3 etc are going to be stressing the card a lot more. I've just installed 175.80 beta drivers and will start running some benchmarks and other games to see if it happens elsewhere.
Well I've just played about an hour or more against 5 AI's on the same track as earlier etc, no sign of the glitch.

I've installed the 175.80 beta geforce drivers, and also ran the DirectX webupdate , it downloaded a small 2Mb update. Earlier I ran 3dMark06 and it bombed out on one of the tests with a Direct3d Out of Memory error...

I'll be happy if this directx patch and/or geforce drivers has fixed the problem, but I'll wait until I've played for a day or two without it happening again before I consider it sorted.
Get the NVIDIA monitor view to see what your temps are like during game play.

I just upgraded from an ATI Radeon 1900XTX to NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX and all my artifacts, glitches, weird graphics are gone. My ATI card overheated once with the stock fan and it never was the same after that. My ATI card reached the boiling point of water .
#10 - troy
i noticed some strange behavior with the latest test patch (Y22) too, it's definitely not my card overheating, i've got a big cooler and it is maxing out at around 50° Celsius, i didn't manage to catch the bug and screenshot it so far but it looks similar to the one in the first post.

i also noticed that it's mostly just a short time when it happens, then it seems to load the skin of the car and all is fine again. this appeared twice now in a short time and i never had it happen before Y21/22.
Temps no problem here either, just had another 30 mins messing around on LFS and temps on gfx card didn't got over approx 46 Deg C.(that's running at 1680x1050 with full AA and AF set in LFS, textures on full for game and skins etc).
No sign of the glitch in the last few games, fingers crossed
Thnx for your replys... So it seems to be problem with my graphic card, and not the program? Sry for posting new thread in vain... Thank you for your help. Still... I am not changing my graphic card till this one dies totaly.. This happened only once so I guess i shouldn't have too much problems.. at least for some time... Card is nvidia GeForce FX5600... i know it is old, but I play only LFS which has the best program, graphics, phisics,network, etc/ hardware requirements rate... so there is no need for stronger pc. tnx for your help again...
Did you try the diectx update as well?
touch wood so far I've had no further problems, but I don't know if the more recent Nvidia drivers still have support for the 5xxx series cards (I've still got my 5 series card somewhere in a media PC but it's not got windows on it so can't test sorry)
#14 - troy
i could finally screenshot my problem, as i said as soon as i stop long enough and the skin gets loaded everything is fine again. did something change in the way this is handled in y21/22? because i never had that happen before.

edit: i just saw another thread about the same thing in the "Bugs - Cars" section, i guess it would fit better there
Attached images
lfs1.jpg
lfs2.jpg
I've seen that too on my new card as well until the skin loads. Then it is fine. I'm sure it is nothing to do with the video card itself but the way LFS handles the skin download.
it's strange to have stock overheating card
my little fx5700 have been overclocked for 2 year (and is still). using it often, stock fan and stock rad on. No problem,
heavy overclock and no artefact, it doesn't get hotter than 60 degree
Damn! spoke to soon, have had several nights with no glitches, was just racing a few AI , had been playing for quite a while, then..
<blip>
mr texture madness returns..
this time I managed to get quite a few screenshots of it, here 2 sets of before/after comparisons (messed up textures, then I switched to windowed mode and it restores the correct textures). I actually physically checked the vid card when this happened just to be sure even tho the fan wasn't running fast and it's not hot at all.
Easier to compare if you open them in sucessive tabs in a browser, or download ...
http://raiden.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/lfs-1.jpg
http://raiden.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/lfs-2.jpg
http://raiden.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/lfs-3.jpg
http://raiden.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/lfs-4.jpg

I'm hoping that if it is an LFS bug that providing some comparison shots might help track it down, say if the textures that are getting used when it freaks out are a certain offset from the correct ones or something..

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG