The online racing simulator
Bawbag's AS National set
(49 posts, started )
EXACTLY! Been trying to tell him for ages, seems to work for him though!
Quote from scipy :So if I give my set to bawbag and he takes down a WR I should forbid him to upload it? That's just silly. On the other hand, I can't really count on people being fair - can I? I think this is a good time to quote Mark Donohue. The book is "The Unfair Advantage", page 85, chapter about LOLA T70. Setup is as follows: at the first race at Elkhart Lake, Dan Gurney's car was pretty slow and had some suspension problems, but when Dan showed up for the next race the car was heaps faster. So now the actual passage by Mark Donohue:

"When Dan showed up at the next race he had a different rear suspension and the car was lots faster. He had moved the control arm brackets around and fabricated new wishbones, probably based on his experiences with the Ford factory team efforts. I didn't understand why, and I was really curious about it. Even though I still didn't know him, he seemed like such a likeable guy that I asked him. "Please, would you mind telling me what you've done here?" Dan sat down and said, "Look, we all work really hard in racing to be a little bit better than the next guy. Roger (Penske) has a lot of ins that I don't have, like getting pieces from Chevrolet and cars from Lola. Now maybe I understand suspensions a little bit better than other people, and that may give me some small advantage. I would be stupid to tell that to anyone." I thought that was a really good answer. He could have said, "Go shove it!" but instead he calmly and sensibly said what I always say now when asked a similar question. After that I never asked a competitor a question, and I seldom offered any solutions. Whenever I did, I'm sorry to say, I usually lost somehow because of it."

So, to sum up. Bawbag is probably the most naturally talented driver in LFS, it took him the shortest amount of time to go from nob to consistant WR holder and race winner. His sets, I'm sorry to say, usually suck (for normal people) becuase they are too edgy (oversteery) because he can balance the car on a much finer line than me. On the other hand, I lack talent, but I make up for it by reading countless books on driving and car mechanics and suspensions. So if this setup (or any other setup) is the tool which allows me to come to a same level (or at least really close) to Bawbag or any other "alien" for that matter - it is only because I've put in the work and made a set that is very driveable with the correct technique (trading off braking for cornering forces smoothly). So who are you, or even who is Victor, to say that it's "fair game" to just take it?

P.S. People who don't know basics about how springs and antiroll bars work wont benefit from seeing "oh look it's a harder suspension for this track". They will just copy without any understanding and still not be able to drive it because it is not tailored to their style or level of skill. So please just quit trying to justify "stealing". Or even if you do steal or take what is not yours - give credit where credit is due. And credit for most good FZR setups that float around your folders goes to Sracer - because it was his Aston GP set from almost 2 years ago that is STILL the base for many of the sets out there (including the as3 set in question).

Very interesting read . I can definitely see your point. We'd all be kidding ourselves if we said that its "nasty" not to share sets because at the end of the day, we're all here to compete against each other and theres no dark side to it or anything but if, like you say, certain drivers just expect people to send setups and if they don't, they're ****s.

Personally, my perspective is a little different. I don't really mind sharing my sets (or sets I've tweaked) in general but not in leagues because theres a championship to fight for so I like to keep my sets to myself to still give me some sort of edge. When I share sets in general, whether its for WR purposes or just racing in general, I don't really mind. For example, during the Patch X days, I shared my AS National BF1 set (which was biggi's AS6 set which I tweaked) to DarkOne. About 5-10 mins later, I saw that he set a new WR . I was happy and upset at the same time for it. I was happy because it gave me a positive feeling that I guess I'm not bad at making sets (or at least, fast sets) but upset me because it wasn't me who set the WR but in feeling upset of not being able to set the WR, its actual positive for me because of my competitive nature, it'll make me concentrate much harder and try to improve myself more.

There is one thing about your post that puzzles me tho . If you believe that Bawbag is the most naturally talented driver in LFS and that by giving him your mighty sets, I mean, don't you think that theres a much more likely chance that he'll go quicker than you? and by that logic, how come you would share your set with the fastest guy in LFS but you're reluctant to share it with people who aren't anything special?
Because i've gave him far more than he's given me.
-
(Leprekaun) DELETED by Leprekaun
Quote from Bawbag :Because i've give him far more than he's given me.

/Grammer police.

Lep - Out of anyone in LFS scipy has currently give me the most help, hes took time with me and explained things i didn't know before, to making the setup i will use for oneGP tomorrow. He wasn't saying he wouldn't share it with me (which he did anyway) he was just illustrating a point.
Hahaha, I'm gonna talk to scip about that..
About what?
Because i've give him far more than he's given me.

is better than

Because i've gave him far more than he's given me. ???

Well Pc Plum, perhaps you could explain just why the grammar police are needed?
#33 - th84
But shouldnt it actually be "I've given him more than he's given me"? Or, "I give him more than he's given me".

Errr, whatever.

Bawbag..SS!!!!!
Actually, I think it's "I gave him far more than he's given me."

But that doesn't sound right, the84 is right! Where are Ian or tristan when you need them....
#36 - th84
Im probably wrong, round these here parts we speak redneck-english! YEEEE HAWWWW!!

I just like messing with barfbag every chance I get.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :About what?

Just this afternoon, Scip came to me for a setup for Aston National/BF1. But maybe it's not the same set. I don't really care, but I thought it was funny.
So guys, I've got a Onegp race tomorrow on this combo, so where's the sets

PM's please Mr Bouma so the other guys don't get it (especially that pearcy guy)
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :But that doesn't sound right, the84 is right! Where are Ian or tristan when you need them....

Because i've give him far more than he's given me.

Without the commas it's.... Because I have give him far more than he has given me. Say that to yourself and wonder if it makes sense.

I used the word gave because it was past tense, I don't give him stuff now because all he needs is a slap and he gets that from others alot so even that I don't have to give him.

th, nice to see you Both your sayings are right but as I said, gave means past tense which is why I used it.
You didn't like mine then Jase?

:weeping:
Quote from Darkone55 :Just this afternoon, Scip came to me for a setup for Aston National/BF1. But maybe it's not the same set. I don't really care, but I thought it was funny.

Not sure mate, i gave him a hotlap set as a base but it was Patrese's, still not sure if hes used mine or yours, will look after Im using yours for qually but i belive Pats race set will give me better race times with the extra DF.

Ray - cba arguing i hate english! And yeh even i try and give scipy a little slap when i see him for being so cheeky! e.g. He sent me the set in email his only words were "here you go bitch"
Hes definately getting a shunt next time i race him! :P
Quote from Storm_Cloud :You didn't like mine then Jase?

:weeping:

Haven't tried it yet, just wanted to stoke the flames a bit here, just for fun
If u had read the post a bit more carefully, I wrote that I have no problems sharing sets with bawbag/jay/anyotherdriver, cause they have all shared sets with me when I still didn't know as much as I know now.
I just wanted to say, I got a setup from Sasa for as Hist FXR tonight for the LFSWS and it was the absolute shit, dude got skills and dude needs respect.

Hes so great, he's so fine, oh boi I wish he was mine.

/Ode to scipy
Quote from Bawbag :I just wanted to say, I got a setup from Sasa for as Hist FXR tonight for the LFSWS and it was the absolute shit, dude got skills and dude needs respect.

Hes so great, he's so fine, oh boi I wish he was mine.

/Ode to scipy

I think you know whats coming Sasa...

I solomly swear, if i get good i will send Sasa all my sets.

There. Now send bitch!
Quote from Darkone55 :Just this afternoon, Scip came to me for a setup for Aston National/BF1. But maybe it's not the same set. I don't really care, but I thought it was funny.

Yah, I asked u for a base set, something to start me out with, but it was far from a drivable race set (drivable by pearcy).. but yea, let's say 80 % of the set is Darky's.. Don't know how to look at it really since I changed: springs, arbs, ride heights, dampers, diff, pressures, cambers, brakes, tc settings. Only things left are gears, downforce and steering. So, is it really the set u gave me? I mean, I'll give credit where its due, but just to clarify, I didn't just take a set from basnub and resent it to pearcy, some actual setup development was made.
Quote from scipy :Yah, I asked u for a base set, something to start me out with, but it was far from a drivable race set (drivable by pearcy).. but yea, let's say 80 % of the set is Darky's.. Don't know how to look at it really since I changed: springs, arbs, ride heights, dampers, diff, pressures, cambers, brakes, tc settings. Only things left are gears, downforce and steering. So, is it really the set u gave me? I mean, I'll give credit where its due, but just to clarify, I didn't just take a set from basnub and resent it to pearcy, some actual setup development was made.

Hehe. It's alright Scip, it's alriiiight. I thought it was funny, because it used to be Biggies, then Leprekauns, then mine, then yours and then Pearcy's.

I wonder how much is left from the original set..
Biggies As Gt set was the best base set ever, I used it everywhere, n it pwned!!"££!"!"£$!"£$!"$

Bawbag's AS National set
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG