The online racing simulator
#26 - aoun
Quote from teaz-R :For some reason I can read between the lines here..

I don't like you, that's no secret. I may be straightforward and to the point whenever I have something to say. But rude and unfriendly?
Haven't heard that from anyone else. Ever.

Well I'm sure you can read, as he said "some". And I'll give him a +1 for the quote.

Theres some rude high ranked licenced drivers, at the same time.. MANY rude low ranked licenced drivers.. If you cant accept that, you need alot more than reading and a 1st place ranking in the CTRA licences.
Quote from aoun :Well I'm sure you can read, as he said "some". And I'll give him a +1 for the quote.

Theres some rude high ranked licenced drivers, at the same time.. MANY rude low ranked licenced drivers.. If you cant accept that, you need alot more than reading and a 1st place ranking in the CTRA licences.

I know. I'm just not one of them, even though mr sensitive seems to think so.

http://www.raceauthority.com/m ... port_a.asp?ReportID=13129
Somehow I knew his warning was going to show up
I read the report/appeal

Quote from yeager :.......in comparison Stuart Whitehead is a model representative of the CTRA system.

The moneys in the post

You've obviously never met me on a bad day.

Cant say I've ever had a problem with teaz-R, always found him to be a nice bloke personally...
What is all this BS? People are people. Do you really seriously think there's any corrolation between driver rank and whether they would be more or less inclined to ask you home for tea ? I think not ..
#31 - Dru
Quote from Swiss_Tony :What is all this BS? People are people. Do you really seriously think there's any corrolation between driver rank and whether they would be more or less inclined to ask you home for tea ? I think not ..

BTW Tony - when you coming for that cuppa?

It's starting to stew....
Just as soon as I can get off my pedestal. 2 sugars please
quite an interesting read this thread. The phrase "water off a duck's back is how I operate in ctra. I have had several people sling insults at me when I've made a mistake but I tend to just say sorry and then ignore any follow up ie Noob etc as it really isn't worth my while arguing. The same applies if someone takes me out. No point in going mental at them as you're still going to be out of the race and there's always the next race to look forward to. As far as I'm aware I haven't been taken out deliberatley but if I felt I was I would just make a report instead of going ballistic in the server. As I've said I have never deliberatley crashed into anyone, it's just that sometimes everyone makes a mistake.
Quote from Flyinsi :"water off a duck's back"

Yes that seems a sound approach. Personally I'm not a "win at all costs" driver so am more than happy to let another car past for position and continue at my own pace rather than defend a corner to the death (particularly against someone I know is prone to arguments or to wayward driving!). In fact sometimes that approach works out really well, as the other guy was not expecting such an easy pass and they spin off in surprise!
One little idea I had that might help is to take the short-laptime tracks out of the CTRA "circuit" at the peak times. Say just for the three busiest European evening hours, stick to the longer tracks where people have more room to spread out. With the host almost full all the time and folk having to do mid-race joins and get quickly up to speed in amongst a constant stream of other cars just to get in a race, it just adds to the possible frustration potential. Just a thought.
#36 - Dru
Quote from modelmotorracing :One little idea I had that might help is to take the short-laptime tracks out of the CTRA "circuit" at the peak times. Say just for the three busiest European evening hours, stick to the longer tracks where people have more room to spread out. With the host almost full all the time and folk having to do mid-race joins and get quickly up to speed in amongst a constant stream of other cars just to get in a race, it just adds to the possible frustration potential. Just a thought.

Although your idea is good in theory the primary purpose of the CTRA servers is to improve the drivers ability. One of these key abilities would be to be able to safely drive close and race wheel to wheel with other racers.

If you started putting these people on longer tracks then you would actually see a reduction in skills as people would be used to driving in relative 'free space'
#37 - SamH
^^^ What he said!
Fair point I guess.
I do not see why cars would spread out more on long tracks (provided that the race length is the same). The only trafic that would be reduced is car's being lapped and I think those can be missed.

Sorry, I am just a sucker for Aston Historic
Well, on the longer (and usually faster) tracks, you get more spread by distance at least, if not by time. That is, one second difference in time will be a much greater spread in distance.
But in reality it usually works out to an overall greater spread in time as well, as, for instance, exiting a turn just a mile an hour faster will have a more dramatic effect on a track with longer straights and faster turns.
A longer track does not necessarilly make a faster track and you will not take the complete speed advantage of your mile an hour over the entire straight due to air resistance. Not to mention slipsstreaming opportunities on longer straights.
Hey, I love Aston Historic, too... :-) I was just saying.
No offence taken or intended Johnny, just did not agree

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG