The online racing simulator
Gentlefoot Challenge Fairwell Meeting
The GTTC and GFC races on the 22nd June will be the final races run by gentlefoot.com. If you would like to experience dual class racing this will be your last opportunity.

Please visit www.gentlefoot.com to enter.
that's a pity mate
#3 - Gil07
That is a shame, just when a few of our members where thinking of competing
Really sorry to hear that GF. I was thinking about joining back up for the next season.

Defecting to iRacing are you?
Quote from The Moose :

Defecting to iRacing are you?

No - just fed up with being taken for a complete mug. I don't see why I should spend 20 hours a week running it and spend hard earned cash on servers and a host when all bar one of my members are too tight to contribute 3.3 pence per day towards the running costs (£1 per month) which is all I was asking for.

Or make any other effort by producing race reports or videos. I am expected to do it all.

Ofcourse there are some exceptions and I again thank my members who have made contributions.
#6 - Mrwei
My god.I am sorry to hear this,I like OW Race. V8 and FOX run together is so funny,
This is sad news, I've enjoyed the couple of GTTC races I've entered.
Just curious, GF... how many other people did you have on your admin team?

Also, did you approach anyone directly about making videos, race reports, etc?

It's just that in my experience doing league admin I've found that people are generally very willing to pitch in if you ask, especially if they like your league as so many seem to do yours.

I've got to say I'm also curious... what expenses do you have?
All those that bitch about iRacing costing money and that you don't want to pay because you can get racing free somewhere else. Well here is a perfect example of your free racing. Sorry to hear you are closing up shop.
I hope you do not go through with this, I hope you get some support from here. ......Goodluck mate
#11 - AMB
Quote from Gentlefoot :No - just fed up with being taken for a complete mug. I don't see why I should spend 20 hours a week running it and spend hard earned cash on servers and a host when all bar one of my members are too tight to contribute 3.3 pence per day towards the running costs (£1 per month) which is all I was asking for.

Or make any other effort by producing race reports or videos. I am expected to do it all.

Ofcourse there are some exceptions and I again thank my members who have made contributions.

Hey dude i could do race reports but i don't think my standard of English and vocab would make such a good read, i'll happily donate if i can do it on my card can't use paypal though got my Visa card on my 17th a few days ago
EVENTS CANCELLED

Had a choice of gentlefoot.com LFS work tomorrow or making a living and I chose the latter I'm afraid.
#13 - FL!P
Sorry to read that, mate! And I missed your call for donations. You should have sent an email too.
Quote from Gentlefoot :EVENTS CANCELLED

Had a choice of gentlefoot.com LFS work tomorrow or making a living and I chose the latter I'm afraid.

This wasn´t an easy decision for you, I guess. All I can say here:

Thanks a lot for your support during a year, your great leagues and help in general.
If Gentlefoot gives me the permission, I'm planning to run the last round of GTTC/GFC on the Dynamic Racing server. I have to talk about this to my teammates, but I think it should be ok.

P.S.:

I really liked the series, it was well organized for a one man operation and the drivers where really nice and fast. One of the best series I've been in actually. It's sad that it's closing down now. I'm sure you could have found people willing to help but of course hoping that people donate enough for the running costs is rather overoptimistic. If you'd like to get the money from the drivers you have to ask for a starting fee rather then ask for a donation. Of course it'll be difficult to promote, why paying for a league when you can get the same thing elsewhere? But that's now a whole different story and has nothing to do with the subject anymore.
#16 - AMB
Hey Aly if you can't use your server, you can probably use my team server we have two, i would have to ask of course but if your team servers are not available just pm me and I will get something sorted
Quote from AMB :Hey Aly if you can't use your server, you can probably use my team server we have two, i would have to ask of course but if your team servers are not available just pm me and I will get something sorted

Thanks, it's much appreciated
Gonna talk to my mates this afternoon, should know then if our is available that day.
Good I've just got the OK for the last race. We can use the DR server. I'm gonna post the details later this week, so keep on practicing
Good work Alain I'll get back on the case then...
#20 - AMB
Nice one Alain I'll be at the race as usual, sorry i never turned up to the last race GF but i was watching F1 LOL
F1 was over just in time, I thought as I watched the race, just not the post race... Anyways Gentlefoot, terribly sorry you feel that you have no support what-so-ever but I know there are people out there that would help out with the admining. Real life first though so hope you make a good living ;P Good luck to you, and thanks for getting me more involved with leagues and other things. Has been a good 2 seasons, really a shame though to miss the last race of the season.
#22 - AMB
Well i didn't know my fault then, but GF if you need help or if there is anything I can do to help just ask
I have to say I am disappointed that you chose not to let the GFC go out on a high note, with a final fairwell race. Now it just leaves a bitter taste for us all... We could have resolved this. We weren't taking your for a mug - a donation is voluntary, and I personally didn't know that it was an important part of the concept.

Anyway, it would have been nice for us to discuss this with you in a gentlemanly fashion and see if we could get something sorted and I'm sorry we were not able to do that.

I understand that real life probably took its toll in this particular case, so I guess it's a case of "it was never meant to be".

I have enjoyed the short time I have been in the Gentlefoot league, and I will honestly miss it, as will Storm Racing. Thank you for the good times
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I have to say I am disappointed that you chose not to let the GFC go out on a high note, with a final fairwell race.

It lies in our hands, the last race will be held, whether it's gonna be a high note or not depends how many people are gonna drive in it. Championships still are running, not every title is yet fixed, so I'm inviting all of those people that drove in the championships and also newbies to this final race.

BTW, if you wanna get in, could you write me a pm, so that I know with how many drivers we have to deal. Time and date will be the same.
Too bad, but I can imagine the work that goes into it and I wouldn't want to have to make that kind of commitment.

It'll be sad to see the name disappear from the forums and server list though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG