The online racing simulator
Hotlap Times!
(8 posts, started )
Hotlap Times!
this is a question for all WR Holders/Hotlaping Freaks:

This weekend the Austrian National League had a 40 Lap Race an KY GP Long.
My Hotlap is a 2:14:640. During a Race i am able to go 1 Second faster. Online PB is a 2 13 75. But there was no chance i could do a 2 13 x during Qualifying. I find the fastest Laps can be driven at the end of a Stint, and not in a 1 Lap Hotlap Session.

In KY GP 1 Stint had about 14 Laps, andf from Lap 9 to 13 the Car was just perfect, and this is the time when i did all my PBs, nbot during Quali.

So the Question is:
Can u get the maximum out of the car by driving just one Lap, and would it be possible to go faster by driving more laps, and wait until the tyres return.
#2 - Gunn
Many of my PBs are better than my hotlaps and seem to come with more ease. I also find that towards the end of a stint I can usually peel off a few scorchers. Furthermore, I find my best hotlaps are the ones where I fuel up for 5 or 6 laps rather than a light-weight two-lap dash. Of course we are talking about non-drafting laps etc.

But I can not say whether or not this is a psycological thing or a "mechanical" thing. I always thought I was just inconsistent. I'm no record-smasher though.

Interesting observation SchneeFee.
I think you're right with this observation, in the end of a stint the tires are almost perfect to get fast laps, but I think if you have a really good qualifying setup you can be faster in hotlapping than with your race-set in the last laps of a stint.
It seems to be that car goes bit faster on straights when the tyres are worn, dont know why, maybe something to do with tyre mass or roll friction or something, and in lfs worn tyres doesnt seem to lose any grip so the best combination is worn tyres at optimum temp.
Have to agree with MrSkill , my hotlap sets differ mostly with a low tyre pressure and lots of camber , which wont do more then 2 laps usually.

Race sets are usually a good second slower or more depend on car/track
and should last until tyre wears to nothing without overheating to badly.
I'd like to add one thing. After a longer stint the tires a thinner and thuss heat up and cool down faster. So you can actually push them harder and they cool down quicker so they don't overheat so easily. But I guess it's more of a mental issue
I think its just a matter of tire pressure.

A good qualifying setup has very low tire pressure and a higher camber (to compensate because the tire will distort much more). This way, the tire has a lot of grip and the car is very fast (and smooth) in the corners. But the tire will heat (and overheat) very quickly so its good just for one lap or two.

A race setup has more tire pressure and the tire will take a few laps to heat... and to overheat a bit for many laps. Then, as the tire wear, his temperature is getting lower and lower. As the tire seems to have as much grip as a new tire and it doesnt overheat anymore, your time is getting lower.

Also, theorically, a weared tire is smaller than a new tire so you have more power, but Im not sure that the sim take that for a count.

Sorry for my bad english.

Le Kid
Quote from Le Kid :
As the tire seems to have as much grip as a new tire and it doesnt overheat anymore, your time is getting lower.

thats what i mean. Its like you are in Racers Heaven.

Hotlap Times!
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG