The online racing simulator
New Forum Upgrade = FAIL.
(103 posts, started )
its the freind system and the rearraging that is the problem, its too complicated and is too socail networking ish
Wasn't that friend system there before? I think I recall seeing some crap like that in the control panel... you can always just ignore it I suppose. Really, who gives a shit who's friend with whom and what click who click how click what - no one needs lists to remind them who their friends are, unless he's a notoriously absent-minded hitman.
#28 - Jakg
Ah well, time to find a Greasemonkey addon to remove it then - i've already adblocked stuff like the "multi-quote" button.

And I also hate the image viewer, too...
no there was a freind system and i used it so people i would like to see if they were online had a + next to there name making them easier to spot but the new system is horrible
I've a solution. Don't watch the Profiles section anymore! BTW that friends section existed before this upgrade too.
yes it existed but not in that way and it is they way it does it now that is the problem
i really don't understand all the fuss about friends. It's just a new buddy system. And if you don't wanna use it, you don't use it. Done.

And as for 90% of the posts here in this thread - i'm not impressed when all i hear is just "oh that sucks - spawn of hell". Without an explanation i'm not gonna even consider changing anything.

The social groups stuff is all disabled. Visitor page messaging has been disabled (apart from your own page) - picture albums have been disabled - almost all new features of vB3.7 have been disabled. My god, I think if I left some of those on, half of the posters here would've been in the ICU by now because of all the heart attacks / popped blood vessels.
Quote from Victor :My god, I think if I left some of those on, half of the posters here would've been in the ICU by now because of all the heart attacks / popped blood vessels.

... so, exactly why didn't you leave them enabled?
They are being a tad dramatic lol, still operates as a forum
i like it
ok maybe a tad dramatic but im stillnot a fan, i think for most people its not liking change
Quote from G!NhO :i like it

yea, me too
No need to change back <-- even the smiley has updated:flamed:
#38 - Jakg
You like the Tags feature? I've never seen it used constuctively...

PLEASE make the "bookmarks" and "tags" feature an option...
No one does drama like geeks
Quote from Jakg :You like the Tags feature? I've never seen it used constuctively...

im with you on that one
Quote from Jakg :You like the Tags feature? I've never seen it used constuctively...

It is an option, just a global one.
They're stuffed out of the way at the end of the page for Christ's sake, it's not difficult to ignore them.
#42 - Jakg
They are between the thread, and the place I reply - which is annoying...

Can't find a script to block them, though
Quote from Jakg :They are between the thread, and the place I reply - which is annoying...

Can't find a script to block them, though

now see, finally some constructive critisism. I've moved the tags and bookmarks further down.
Quote from xaotik :So this new profile thing that is the spawn of the devil, what're the differences to the previous one? I visited a few profiles and saw pretty much the same info that was there originally, only re-arranged...

at least on my own profile the box with all the main info isnt fixed size in a ~1024px wide browser window
also it needs a lot more clicking where the old system had all the info on one page
both of which are usually considered indicators of bad design

and what are those bookmark and tag things for anyway?

speaking of tags is there a way to "tag" a thread so it has a different icon when seaching for new posts without posting in it? thats the kind of feature id find useful
I dont see why people have to moan about every little thing people do now a days. Whats wrong with it? Is it hurting you? ....

Come on people...
Quote from RacerAsh3 :I dont see why people have to moan about every little thing people do now a days. Whats wrong with it? Is it hurting you? ....

Come on people...

i agree
#47 - aoun
I can still post, so i could not give a crap!
Quote from Victor :<rant>

Shush, you're getting paid to listen to our whines, so suck it up
the whole new profile thing is poo...

New Forum Upgrade = FAIL.
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG