The online racing simulator

Poll : Should circuit races be shortened?

Yes
No
Circuit race lengths
Should the circuit races be shortened? If so to what?
the race is around 1hr10min if no SC
I hope that it can be around 45min-1hr
the lengths of the race of cars like XRT should like this
60 minutes.
I'd say cut it down to around 40 laps
changh it from lap race to time race
race length is 1 hr
Quote from scania :changh it from lap race to time race
race length is 1 hr

+1 Make it 1 hour races, imo. That way, whatever the distance, we'll be racing the same amount of time all the time.
Quote from evilpimp :+1 Make it 1 hour races, imo. That way, whatever the distance, we'll be racing the same amount of time all the time.

I would agree ...I do 1 Hr races on Deadmen Racing server every week and it is very good. Good for planning ahead and bedtimes
Another vote for timed 1 hour race .
but time race is harder to count the fuel....
Quote from scania :but time race is harder to count the fuel....

I think we could figure it out
60 mins!! I wanna keep my ass cheeks!

I like them to be UN numb if possible.
Although the race will be shortened I would prefer if it is based on laps rather than time. I'd say 35 is reasonable enough

Fuel dosen't matter to lap times that much anyway! Take extra!
At the oval I was running full 80% fuel from the start and my lap times were comparible to the top ten.

+1 for 1 hour race
please, don't shorten it! It will lis the meaning of it. I can do 35 lap races in CTRA on endurace days, but it isn't an organized race.
Quote from hariel-HUN- :please, don't shorten it! It will lis the meaning of it. I can do 35 lap races in CTRA on endurace days, but it isn't an organized race.

ye but do these 35 lap races last an hour..no.
It's mainly the pace car periods that drags the race out. The only way we can keep the race length is if we had no pace car period. If we combine the two then the race overall might reach 3 hours
timed 1 hour race please... you can EASILY calculate the amount of laps that could occur during that time and adjust your fuel accordingly.

I dont want to be sitting here again for 3 and a half hours + on sunday.

No it's not. If you practise you know your laptimes, compare that to the world record laptimes and you will see the difference in 1 hour won't be that many laps (it's probably the same even when your way slower) so you know how much fuel to carry.
Do you guys really want me to do timed races instead of laps? I would have preferred to just do laps (i dont think 35 bl is too much)
The problem with not being timed races is. We run into the problem of last Sunday 3+ hours racing... I don't know about anyone else but it was lucky that I didn't have to leave half way through.
I have a wife and two kids 3+ hours racing all at once dosen't happen very often. The only reason I pulled it off last week was they were gone for the whole day. Even a 1 1/2hr race would be better. As long as we know when it will end we can schedule for it.

Just my 2 pennies
-
(teedot) DELETED by teedot : old topic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG