The online racing simulator
Unlocks Notice
(12 posts, started )
Unlocks Notice
Hi,

My improvement suggestion has to do with unlocks. It is not to increase the amount of when you get them or anything stupid like that, but instead to have the amount of unlocks you have left on the unlock screen.

Today, I was stupid and let my brother play lfs. Well, my brother decided he wanted to play on the demo, then S2, and then demo again. Well, when I came to play, I HAD NO UNLOCKS. His excuse is that he did not know how many unlocks I had. Well, that is why I am suggesting this.

It is not really important, since after patch z, you will never need to lock the s2 to see the demo (don't have to do it now either, but my brother did not know that either). So, maybe just a small thing for the S2 beta or something.

Thanks
You've never needed to lock LFS to go on demo servers.. There's an option before the "list multiplayer servers" to select what mode you want to look at..
Oh, I knew that. Unfortunately, my brother didn't. So, I guess this would just be a little thing to add?

Ahhh, never mind the suggestion. Why did I post this?????????

???????

????

Yeah, so just lock it or something.
lol

Lets keep it sensible please aroX - taa
Quote from shashdev :Oh, I knew that. Unfortunately, my brother didn't. So, I guess this would just be a little thing to add?

I didn't say it wasn't a good idea. I was trying to point something out if you weren't aware of this simple fact, as you failed to say if you were or not.

Quote from shashdev :Ahhh, never mind the suggestion. Why did I post this?????????

Look dude, I wasn't rude, I didn't say your idea was shit. I was offering friendly advice incase you weren't aware of something. If you think you're being hard done by I can change my tune so that you really are.

If you want to go and have a strop like a 4 year old, then please feel free. It's no skin off my nose. I just don't understand what the problem is.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I didn't say it wasn't a good idea. I was trying to point something out if you weren't aware of this simple fact, as you failed to say if you were or not.

Look dude, I wasn't rude, I didn't say your idea was shit. I was offering friendly advice incase you weren't aware of something. If you think you're being hard done by I can change my tune so that you really are.

If you want to go and have a strop like a 4 year old, then please feel free. It's no skin off my nose. I just don't understand what the problem is.

I don't think he was offended by you. I don't think he was being sarcastic. I think he was just mad that his brother used his unlocks and felt like venting. He realised this isn't the greatest improvement suggestion as all he has to do is tell his brother to click DEMO on connection list.

Quote from the_angry_angel :I didn't say it wasn't a good idea. I was trying to point something out if you weren't aware of this simple fact, as you failed to say if you were or not.

Yeah, dude, I wasn't being sarcastic. I just felt stupid for the suggestion I made before thinking it true. Wasn't trying to sound sarcatic or anything. Being serious about this being a stupid idea (since most racers know that you don't have to lock to go to demo, LOL!)
Quote from MijnWraak :I don't think he was offended by you. I don't think he was being sarcastic. I think he was just mad that his brother used his unlocks and felt like venting. He realised this isn't the greatest improvement suggestion as all he has to do is tell his brother to click DEMO on connection list.

Until Z comes out, when the lists are combined as they are in the latest test patches.
While we're on the subject, why does the program even have the ability to lock itself again?

Once you've unlocked S2 you have access to everything and if you only unlock S1 then you still have no need to revert back to the demo. You're not allowed to sell the account and it's not like going back to demo mode frees up your username or anything (especially not now that demo users get accounts too).

So what is the point? Remove the option, keep people on S2 unless it's a fresh install (or in the rare big patch situations that require a big .exe rewrite).
Quote from Dajmin :So what is the point?

It's there to protect your license. If someone in your family has access to the computer and has seen you driving LFS online, that someone could have a go when you're not looking and get the username banned.. Although a more sensible way is to just remove the game password from the license menu.

It can also be for demonstration purposes, show the game to your friend, unlock the game on his PC and then when you're done demonstrating LFS, lock it.

Okay, your first point is easily protected by other things. If you don't trust the people in your house, a password re-entry before online play would stop them abusing it. And y'know, Windows has the ability to lock users and their access to certain programs anyway. There's plenty of online games that don't force this issue.

The second one is a little different and I can sort of see the point there.
However, a more sensible method would be the S2 player getting allocated "friend passes" that unlock the demo for maybe 48 hours (since they have accounts now anyway) and it wouldn't affect the actual license-holder at all.

Unlocks Notice
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG