The online racing simulator
Its me and rFactor again; this time a LMP1 car; and a video.
Why am I posting this!

Well, these are some totally different cars than what you may have seen me drive in rFactor. Getting a low grip road / race car to drive controllably seems like less of a task than doing the same for a modern Le Mans type car.

With big downforce, that drops off as yaw increases and tyres that peak at 4 degrees slip angle, this is one responsive and tricky car on paper; and how horrible must it feel in rFactor!

Well it doesn't! (to me...) Confidence all the way, again very non rfactor like. (to me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5r_mRCYmq0&fmt=18
So you've modified the physics of the original? I find the original to be great fun with a low front anti rollbar setting (<140) until you get past the max slip angle of doom.
Nah, no line is the same, totally new tyres, main car, suspensions, engines, gears, aero.. the lot is all from scratch
it always surprises me how you manage to make rf look so much like a sim
The ''Phew'' gesture at 5:20 made me laugh!
Sure looks great on the vid but I don't think I'll bother redownloading again rfactor even though I've bought it...
looks great, I lol'ed at 5:15
The original mod was completely made by 'feel' and notepad, more or less like most mods, a guarantee of mediocrity. At RSC forums in the rfactor modding \ enduracers subforum you can find a lengthy post by Todd Wasson and some by me explaining some VERY VERY doubtfull parameters and curves in the original mod.
While it may seem great that the 'real team likes the handling' it is unlikely to mean anything; they see decent gfx and sound, and the car crashes when you try to take the hairpin at 100mph, which is 'realistic'.. Hopefully its not that bad but going by the weird tyres, no engineer ever got near the actual physics parameters of the mod.
So yes, regardless of what the team says, my version IS more realistic, I can proof that in court if required
This mod (and realF1 I scouted on youtube) makes me want to buy rFactor...
that rsc discussion is exactly why i have no hope at all for both rsc and rf
Quote from Shotglass :that rsc discussion is exactly why i have no hope at all for both rsc and rf

In fairness to RSC they were completely reasonable and when the section owner locked the thread because he was being proved wrong it was promptly unlocked by someone more senior.
Quote from Shotglass :that rsc discussion is exactly why i have no hope at all for both rsc and rf

I just read the thread. What a refreshing experience [etals:]
Quote from ajp71 :In fairness to RSC they were completely reasonable and when the section owner locked the thread because he was being proved wrong it was promptly unlocked by someone more senior.

yeah i may have worded that wrong... the mod team was perfeclty reasonable... unusual at rsc
it was about the great unwashed of rsc
#13 - JJ72
Niels, I really admire what you do.
Quote from ajp71 :In fairness to RSC they were completely reasonable and when the section owner locked the thread because he was being proved wrong it was promptly unlocked by someone more senior.

After unlocking, we immediately ditched him as section owner too... he'd been told twice by mods/admins not to lock the thread - but he went ahead and did it anyway.
Quote from JamesF1 :After unlocking, we immediately ditched him as section owner too... he'd been told twice by mods/admins not to lock the thread - but he went ahead and did it anyway.

I reckon you should make Shot the new section owner, he'd lock the rF forum
The way they responded to your valid points, at that thread, was really irritating. :mad::doh:

It’s too bad that your vertion of tyre mode isn’t going to be released cause it’s not your mod and I doubt they will accept to use your work…
#17 - 5haz
Once again, petty arguing prevents the progress of Racing sim development, its a shame your tyre model wont be released Niels.

Hopefully one day rF will not have a rubbish tyre model.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the release of the rF historic touring car mod, the videos look good so far.
Looking great Niels. Again, you take shitty rF physics and models and make them look good

Also, where is the RSC thread?
Here it is... I think from that very post the really "good" responses begin.
Read at least until Todd’s post (#209@page9), the rest will just hurt your nerves if you are half a logical person…
So, if you had a 3D model to go with this you'd be able to release it, eh? I suppose an unofficial "mod's mod" for offline use would be out of the question... or not...

Sad to see such a close-minded reply with zero arguments to back up any claims.

EDIT:
Just saw the load sensitivity graph of the original's tyre model... sheesh...
is this game worth buying? Niels Heusinkveld, you maybe get one more person who play lfs buy rFactor
You seem to not even have bought LFS and asking if it’s worth buying a game that is worthless without mods?
It’s indeed worth buying rfactor just because of some really good mods like the ones from Niels.
But I donl’t know for someone who plays LFS for more than 6months and still doesn’t realize that indeed the online racing action with the extra content really worth’s the cost of an S2 licence.
Quote from kaynd :You seem to not even have bought LFS and asking if it’s worth buying a game that is worthless without mods?
It’s indeed worth buying rfactor just because of some really good mods like the ones from Niels.
But I donl’t know for someone who plays LFS for more than 6months and still doesn’t realize that indeed the online racing action with the extra content really worth’s the cost of an S2 licence.

well, i wouldv boughten lfs a lot of time ago but there is problem in the payment functions for me.
rfactor would be easyer to buy pecause i can get it from a regular game store. lfs shoud be bought via credit card but i dont own one and my parents have this problem that they dont trust to internet
Unlike for example iRental, LFS can be bought via credit card, PayPal, MoneyBookers or UK Money Order. The last two/three don't require a credit card.
could you just tell me is rFactor a good or bad game?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG